Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Mar 03, 2013, 09:02 PM
Joined Feb 2013
6 Posts
Question
Adding models to ClearView SE

I had planned on purchasing Phoenix later this month (birthday on the 25th), but have been itching to get some time on something. I had a really old version of RealFlight, and another older sim that my buddy gave me but neither of them have been playing nice in Win7 so I was going to upgrade to Phoenix v4.

I ran across ClearView here as a free(ish) sim so I figured I would download the demo and see if I could get one of my existing USB controllers to work with it. I have it working, but the two included models are not giving me any feel toward purchasing further models, or the full game so I located some community created models (through RCG) that I wanted to try, but I can't get the game to recognize them.

Can you not add models to the base game, or am I just doing something wrong here?
Godfather1138 is offline Find More Posts by Godfather1138
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 03, 2013, 09:26 PM
Joined Mar 2011
1,326 Posts
You should call tech support and ask them what you need to get RF running. And if you have G3 or later, you can buy the latest version, RF6, for only $50.
jeffpn is offline Find More Posts by jeffpn
Old Mar 03, 2013, 09:33 PM
Joined Feb 2013
6 Posts
After trying Phoenix at a LHS while in Nashville I found I really preferred it to RF, and the frustration I was having sealed the deal. So I think I'm still planning on picking up Phoenix, but thought tossing a few bucks on a model or two might hold me over for a bit. Then I found the community models and thought I would give them a shot.

Thank you for the suggestions on RF though.
Old Mar 03, 2013, 09:35 PM
Fernandina Beach, FL
Joined Sep 2002
364 Posts
Clearview

If you had downloaded the Demo...you only get those aircraft until you purchase the FULL version...which will unlock all aircraft. Then you will be able to add ANY user created models.

If you downloaded Clearview SE, you only get what comes with the FREE version and will have to purchase seperate models. NO user created models will work with SE version.

Ken
Helos36 is offline Find More Posts by Helos36
Old Mar 03, 2013, 09:50 PM
Joined Feb 2013
6 Posts
Ok, that is what I figured. Thanks for clearing it up for me I may toss them a few bucks for a CP heli and a better fixed wing.
Old Mar 09, 2014, 11:27 AM
Cohoes, NY
Joined Sep 2002
38 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helos36 View Post
If you had downloaded the Demo...you only get those aircraft until you purchase the FULL version...which will unlock all aircraft. Then you will be able to add ANY user created models.

If you downloaded Clearview SE, you only get what comes with the FREE version and will have to purchase seperate models. NO user created models will work with SE version.

Ken
If I upgrade from the free version to the full version, can I then add user created models?
Brewerpaul is offline Find More Posts by Brewerpaul
Old Mar 09, 2014, 12:55 PM
Fernandina Beach, FL
Joined Sep 2002
364 Posts
SE vs Full version

Yes basically if you purchase the full version...it will be a different download and you can use ANY of the user created from the Clearview site under user created models or my site.

ClearView user created model list - http://www.rcflightsim.com/models.html

my website - www.kensclearviewmodels.com

Ken
Helos36 is offline Find More Posts by Helos36