HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 26, 2011, 07:38 PM
Joined Sep 2011
6 Posts
Discussion
crossing brands

Not sure if this is the right area but here goes
ive flown a long time but never mixed brand names in servos/receivers
can i safely use hitech servos with a futaba receiver? Not 2.4 and IS dual conversion.
thanks in advance
jafo150 is offline Find More Posts by jafo150
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 26, 2011, 08:05 PM
Joined Jan 2009
23 Posts
Yes you can use hitec servos on futaba receivers, I always do when flying 1/2a and lekkies.

Good flights

Evaristo
evaristus is offline Find More Posts by evaristus
Old Sep 27, 2011, 02:44 AM
Letchworth, Great Britain (UK)
Joined Jul 2004
11,452 Posts
Most servos are built to a technical standard these days, so can be used with any other manufacturer's radios -- whatever the frequency or channel. Like evaristus, I use a lot of Hitec servos with my Futaba radios, but I also use several other cheaper brands in my smaller models.

I believe you get what you pay for, so I use Futaba and Hitec in my larger models but, having said that, I've never yet had one of the cheap ones fail on me.
abenn is online now Find More Posts by abenn
Old Sep 27, 2011, 07:40 AM
Florida
Joined Aug 2004
4,093 Posts
I think that all presently available servos will work in all brands of receivers. The one thing you may have to do is to remove the little key tab on Futaba servos so they will fit into other brand receivers. Most have a universal plug (no key like Futaba has) so a direct fit. The one exception is the very old style Airtronics as they were a wider connector as well as having the + and - leads interchanged. The newer Airtronics conforms to the general convention of connector and polarity.
Rodney is offline Find More Posts by Rodney