Old Jan 26, 2013, 08:43 PM
Why so serious?
United States, FL, Cape Coral
Joined Dec 2007
5,972 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by .quietguy View Post
VERY generous of you, Gene...
I got so much crap sitting around here collecting dust it would be a sin not to share it with others who could get some enjoyment out of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyplugs View Post
Awesome you have my vote and look forward to the challenge
Thanks.
Ah, fellow NJ brother. Lived in Mt.Laurel most my life and went down the shore every summer. I think your town still has warrants out for me.... Good luck!
2500GENE is offline Find More Posts by 2500GENE
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 26, 2013, 08:52 PM
manahawkin NJ
Joined Dec 2009
1,307 Posts
LOL if anyone asks i never heard of ya lol
smitty919 is offline Find More Posts by smitty919
Old Jan 26, 2013, 09:06 PM
Why so serious?
United States, FL, Cape Coral
Joined Dec 2007
5,972 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyplugs View Post
LOL if anyone asks i never heard of ya lol
A-men brother.
2500GENE is offline Find More Posts by 2500GENE
Old Jan 27, 2013, 12:22 AM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Jan 2013
449 Posts
bradymartin is offline Find More Posts by bradymartin
Last edited by bradymartin; Jan 27, 2013 at 01:04 AM.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 12:43 AM
Scout CX | mCX2 | mSR | 120SR
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
6,560 Posts
Here's one way of the many ways to skin this cat. This will be my method of choice (reason was discussed here earlier)

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=9399
North_of_49 is offline Find More Posts by North_of_49
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 27, 2013, 02:31 AM
RC addict? I'm not addicted...
Danmark, Midtjylland, Roslev
Joined Jul 2011
1,045 Posts
Hey Gents!

I have had a S/C LP for awhile now. Previous to this I have mostly flown UMs(Champ, Night Vapor and T-28). This is my first "big plane". It has been a bag of mixed nuts so far. My main issue is my choice of flight area. Living in Denmark, home of the wind turbine, I need something that cuts the wind better than a stock Super Cub.
I already have an APC 9x6 E prop. Should I try this out first, or go all out brushless?
Nighthawk74 is online now Find More Posts by Nighthawk74
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Dualsky Hornet 460
Old Jan 27, 2013, 03:16 AM
Me a long time ago
London N.E. UK
Joined Jan 2007
6,084 Posts
As for the competition... I need to fit brakes on the wheels. Any ideas?
Gene. My English is the proper English, although it might sound a bit cockney. Well I was brought up in the recognised area. Also as I was born within the sound of the Bow bells, (St Mary at bow in Cheap-side), I am eligible for the post of Mayor.
Flypoppa is offline Find More Posts by Flypoppa
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 27, 2013, 04:12 AM
Tally Ho Chaps!
United Kingdom, England, Ipswich
Joined Mar 2012
452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flypoppa View Post
As for the competition... I need to fit brakes on the wheels. Any ideas?
Gene. My English is the proper English, although it might sound a bit cockney. Well I was brought up in the recognised area. Also as I was born within the sound of the Bow bells, (St Mary at bow in Cheap-side), I am eligible for the post of Mayor.
That Gene, he's havin a giraffe! G'or blimey guv'nor what a load of cobblers! You win that competition Pops and wipe that smile off his boat.

God save the Queen
Chompwat is offline Find More Posts by Chompwat
Old Jan 27, 2013, 04:55 AM
Me a long time ago
London N.E. UK
Joined Jan 2007
6,084 Posts
Yea right Chompwat. If anyone has watched those vids of where the full size cub do this competition. They use their brakes both in take off and landing.
For takeoff in this comp, without brakes I think I would make some chocks. As for landing. How can the run be stopped? I have couple of ideas I might try.
Rules, I want to see the rules.
(Why do I get involved in these things)
Flypoppa is offline Find More Posts by Flypoppa
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 27, 2013, 06:35 AM
Woodbridge, VA
Joined Mar 2006
628 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quitcherbitchen View Post
Just put the ailerons and fly it. Yeah upside down is harder, but you can always cut it later. Cut it now and you won't know the improvement. Put a eflite 480 910kv and this thing flies like a bat out of hell anyway.
Thanks, QB. I'm running a Turnigy 480 1020kV motor, a Turnigy 40A K-Force ESC, swinging an APC 10x5 prop, all mounted on a Custom RC parts aluminum motor mount. I also pulled out the stock RX and replaced it with a Spektrum AR600 RX. Powering it all with an Ultra Pulse 3S 35C 2250 mAh battery. The weak link might be the servos -- I kept the original servos. I also didn't reinforce the vertical or horizontals with a carbon spar but I don't plan to stress this guy much.

I haven't flown this yet, so I don't know how it will perform.

I hope to do the aileron mod in the next few weeks but I wanted to fly the current configuration first before I took the knife to the wing.
cgschaefer is offline Find More Posts by cgschaefer
Old Jan 27, 2013, 06:44 AM
Scout CX | mCX2 | mSR | 120SR
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
6,560 Posts
Is anyone using either of these two receivers from headsup?

Power Up 2.4ghz DSM2 Compatible 6 Channel Receiver
http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/the...hz-DSM2/Detail
Name: a2079171371952b6f54482_l.jpg
Views: 39
Size: 136.5 KB
Description:

Redcon 2.4ghz DSM2 9 Channel Receiver with Satellite
http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/the...-DSM2-9/Detail
Name: a20791713a6c99de6ec64f_l.jpg
Views: 36
Size: 19.9 KB
Description:
North_of_49 is offline Find More Posts by North_of_49
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 27, 2013, 06:49 AM
Closed Account
Joined May 2012
1,792 Posts
Pocket HD video cam...

A brief off-topic moment, sorry...

Anyone interested in a great little pocket video cam for RC flying use:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1817933

Now - back to our regularly scheduled program
.quietguy is offline Find More Posts by .quietguy
Old Jan 27, 2013, 10:58 AM
Bruno, GOOD DOG
United States, IA, Grinnell
Joined Aug 2007
4,012 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500GENE View Post
NOTICE:
Participation in contest requires acceptance of following terms.

.quietguy and quitcherbitchen are Registered Trademarks of 2500GENE LLC. Non-abuse of these products are prohibited.
This product is meant for educational purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Void where prohibited. Some assembly required. List each check separately by bank number. Batteries not included. Contents may settle during shipment. Use only as directed. No other warranty expressed or implied. Do not use while operating a motor vehicle or heavy equipment. Postage will be paid by addressee. Subject to approval. This is not an offer to sell securities. Apply only to affected area. May be too intense for some viewers. Do not stamp. Use other side for additional listings. For recreational use only. Do not disturb. All models over 18 years of age. If condition persists, consult your physician. No user-serviceable parts inside. Freshest if eaten before date on carton. Subject to change without notice. Times approximate. Simulated picture. No postage necessary if mailed in the United States. Breaking seal constitutes acceptance of agreement. For off-road use only. As seen on TV. One size fits all. Many suitcases look alike. Contains a substantial amount of non-tobacco ingredients. Colors may, in time, fade. We have sent the forms which seem to be right for you. Slippery when wet. For office use only. Not affiliated with the American Red Cross. Drop in any mailbox. Edited for television. Keep cool; process promptly. Post office will not deliver without postage. List was current at time of printing. Return to sender, no forwarding order on file, unable to forward. Not responsible for direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any defect, error or failure to perform. At participating locations only. Not the Beatles. Penalty for private use. See label for sequence. Substantial penalty for early withdrawal. Do not write below this line. Falling rock. Lost ticket pays maximum rate. Your cancelled check is your receipt. Add toner. Place stamp here. Avoid contact with skin. Sanitized for your protection. Be sure each item is properly endorsed. Sign here without admitting guilt. Slightly higher west of the Mississippi. Employees and their families are not eligible. Beware of dog. Contestants have been briefed on some questions before the show. Limited time offer, call now to insure prompt delivery. You must be present to win. No passes accepted for this engagement. No purchase necessary. Processed at location stamped in code at top of carton. Shading within a garment may occur. Use only in well-ventilated area. Keep away from fire or flame. Replace with same type. Approved for veterans. Booths for two or more. Check here if tax deductible. Some equipment shown is optional. Price does not include taxes. No Canadian coins. Not recommended for children. Prerecorded for this time zone. Reproduction strictly prohibited. No solicitors. No alcohol, dogs, or horses. No anchovies unless otherwise specified. Restaurant package, not for resale. List at least two alternate dates. First pull up, then pull down. Call toll free before digging. Driver does not carry cash. Some of the trademarks mentioned in this product appear for identification purposes only. Record additional transactions on back of previous stub. Decision of judges is final. May contain nuts.

This supersedes all previous notices.

Thank you,
Gene
You forgot a few.
1 Protection provided by Mr. Smith and Mr. Wesson
2 If erection lasts for more than 4 hours, consult a doctor.

Ron
A Rdnek is offline Find More Posts by A Rdnek
Old Jan 27, 2013, 11:01 AM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,115 Posts
Rn, you are nuts...too funny
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Jan 27, 2013, 11:13 AM
Closed Account
Joined May 2012
1,792 Posts
Hahahaha, Ron!

If mine lasts more than 10 minutes I drag out the beer and chips and throw a party!
.quietguy is offline Find More Posts by .quietguy