SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 18, 2015, 11:08 PM
Find More Posts by scigs30
Joined May 2005
837 Posts
Build Log
Guillows Laser Cut P-47

Here is my Guillows Laser Cut P-47 prototype, went together well with high quality balsa. Using white glue the she went together in 2 days then sat until today when I started covering. Built per the plans and will be freeflight with rubber. Only modifications is the nose block and increased dihedral. No paint used all tissue from Guillows except Green and Black from Peck.
scigs30 is offline Find More Posts by scigs30
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 23, 2015, 04:23 AM
Find More Posts by bshultz327
Branjo
Joined Sep 2013
340 Posts
Nice, glad to finally see this one from Guillows. Looks awesome,
Branden
bshultz327 is offline Find More Posts by bshultz327
Old Jun 24, 2015, 01:22 PM
Find More Posts by scigs30
Joined May 2005
837 Posts
I was able to finish my P-47 today and she is ready for rubber flight. I made a small modification to the nose to allow for a removable nose block, nothing fancy just keep it simple. I glued the cowl to the balsa blocks so if she does not fly with rubber I can rip off the cowl and add electrictonics. All the landing gear parts are removable for flight but could be left in. The prop is too small so I will be adding another. The weight without landing gear is 90 grams and will need nose clay. I did increase the dihedral so the wing fairings had to be shaved but otherwise they fit well. The canopy was moved forward for a better fit, could not get it sit right placed as shown on the plans. Once again I used domestic tissue for everything including the red cowl, only painted the black tail wheel and black inside cowl. The HV decal on the right side will be removed and the correct orientation will be placed once I order a new decal or make one. Covering was simple, first where you see the white tissue was placed first with glue stick reinforced with 50/50 white glue. Then the grey was added followed by the black, green and red. The trim was applied with glue stick and shrunk with alcohol. Once again a great laser cut kit from Guillows, I would say the best balsa kit for your buck. One can build a simple plane or add the details for RC or display. I think Guillows is doing a wonderful job of adding laser cut quality wood to their kits, the old die crunched oak was terrible. I am amazed that we were able to build and fly the old Guillows kits.
scigs30 is offline Find More Posts by scigs30
Old Jun 24, 2015, 09:39 PM
Find More Posts by D-Rock
Phoenix, AZ
Joined Oct 2004
1,943 Posts
Another winner Scigs30, always enjoy how well you build and finish your models!

D-Rock
D-Rock is offline Find More Posts by D-Rock
Old Jun 26, 2015, 07:07 PM
Find More Posts by kevin matthews
carbondale il
Joined Jan 2007
2,712 Posts
Nice job
kevin matthews is offline Find More Posts by kevin matthews
Old Jun 28, 2015, 09:24 PM
Find More Posts by Dave K
Sebastopol, Ca
Joined Jun 2004
701 Posts
Looks amazing. Looking forward to a flight report.
Dave K is offline Find More Posts by Dave K