SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 21, 2015, 10:20 AM
Find More Posts by irun4fundotca
Flying Wood For Fun
Canada, ON, Harrowsmith
Joined Jan 2012
9,213 Posts
cant stand phone keyboards either way too small and cumbersome , auto spell is absolutely evil
irun4fundotca is online now Find More Posts by irun4fundotca
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 21, 2015, 10:38 AM
Find More Posts by showmaster
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2006
2,452 Posts
I used to use my computer, but by the time it booted up and virus checked, I forgot what I was going to type.
Using my iPhone allows me to make more typing mistakes in record time now. I also have lost my sense of grammar correctness due to reading too many manuals that come with all my made in China toys.
I'm getting really good at filling in the meanings of what I'm reading😀.
showmaster is offline Find More Posts by showmaster
Old Jun 21, 2015, 11:39 AM
Find More Posts by nigelsheffield
United Kingdom, Horbury
Joined Oct 2007
6,146 Posts
10" Android tablet is not toooo bad, but changes what I say so often it drives me mad!
nigelsheffield is online now Find More Posts by nigelsheffield
Old Jun 27, 2015, 05:01 PM
Find More Posts by bodyman33
Joined Sep 2014
50 Posts
I'm sure the answer is in here somewhere... I recently got a taranis that isn't turning on.. Looks like the guy I got it from tried to change his battery connector and somehow reversed the polarity. I got the tx for free but I'd like to use it for more then pasts.. I was reading that there might be a protection fuse and diode on the taranis but I'm not sure where it is exactly... If anyone has the answer to this and could guide me I the right direction it would be awesome
bodyman33 is online now Find More Posts by bodyman33
Old Jun 27, 2015, 08:00 PM
Find More Posts by Barry2020
United States, CA, Camarillo
Joined Jul 2012
403 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodyman33 View Post
I'm sure the answer is in here somewhere... I recently got a taranis that isn't turning on.. Looks like the guy I got it from tried to change his battery connector and somehow reversed the polarity. I got the tx for free but I'd like to use it for more then pasts.. I was reading that there might be a protection fuse and diode on the taranis but I'm not sure where it is exactly... If anyone has the answer to this and could guide me I the right direction it would be awesome
What a lucky guy. You didn't say if it was an earlier model or the plus, but it looks like there's a reverse polarity protection diode on the backboard PCB, right by where the battery connector is located. If there's a fuse too, you can check continuity for current from there.

Don't be afraid to split the case and take a look inside. If your careful, you can also flip over the backboard without having to de-solder the antenna wire.

Barry
Barry2020 is offline Find More Posts by Barry2020
Old Jun 27, 2015, 08:40 PM
Find More Posts by bodyman33
Joined Sep 2014
50 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry2020 View Post
What a lucky guy. You didn't say if it was an earlier model or the plus, but it looks like there's a reverse polarity protection diode on the backboard PCB, right by where the battery connector is located. If there's a fuse too, you can check continuity for current from there.

Don't be afraid to split the case and take a look inside. If your careful, you can also flip over the backboard without having to de-solder the antenna wire.

Barry
It's an earlier version but I also own a plus version that I have opened many times mostly to replace broken switches and added a 6position switch but I never notice any fuse... I'm gonna open up the one I just got for r free tomorrow and have a look for continuity like you said... Thanks
bodyman33 is online now Find More Posts by bodyman33
Old Jun 29, 2015, 08:43 AM
Find More Posts by showmaster
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2006
2,452 Posts
FrSky Taranis hardware hacks

I believe Barry2020 had the answer.
The charging circuit has a diode bridge input so it can except any polarity. If he just changed the jack, wiring wouldn't matter. There is a fuse and a diode to ground on the battery circuit to protect against reversed polarity of the Rc battery. If the battery is reversed the diode conducts to ground blowing the input fuse. I suspect he tried a lipo upgrade or some other battery mod and that blew the fuse if your lucky.
Maybe look on the backboard, not rf board, for a F1 going to s cathode of a diode(stripe).
I'm kind of educated guessing from a discussion with another source. It may not look like a glass fuse. If I get s chance I may open my A or B and take a look. I don't own a plus.
showmaster is offline Find More Posts by showmaster
Last edited by showmaster; Jun 29, 2015 at 08:53 AM.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 08:56 AM
Find More Posts by flarssen
Son, Norway
Joined Sep 2004
3,697 Posts
On a non-plus, the fuse (F1) is located behind the black wire in this picture. If blown, just solder a new one in parallel with the old one.

Fred
flarssen is online now Find More Posts by flarssen
Old Jun 29, 2015, 03:30 PM
Find More Posts by frater
Joined Aug 2014
564 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flarssen View Post
On a non-plus, the fuse (F1) is located behind the black wire in this picture. If blown, just solder a new one in parallel with the old one.

Fred
What's that blue animal doing in your Taranis?
I guess I need to heat up that soldering iron yet again ;-)
frater is online now Find More Posts by frater
Old Jun 29, 2015, 04:11 PM
Find More Posts by Adilson
Discovering the joys of flying
Brazil, SP, Campinas
Joined Aug 2012
904 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frater View Post
What's that blue animal doing in your Taranis?
I guess I need to heat up that soldering iron yet again ;-)
Looks like a voltage regulator.
Adilson is offline Find More Posts by Adilson
Old Jun 29, 2015, 08:47 PM
KC
Find More Posts by KC
KC
Registered Loiterer.
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Sep 2006
4,461 Posts
Built-in Lithium charger(mod).

He posted this back in February.