Old Jun 28, 2015, 10:50 PM
Find More Posts by vincent713
Keep em' high and let it fly
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Aug 2013
2,791 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rchrist View Post
Vincent, I orded the bnf for $142 a few days ago. I already have the components for a full brushless setup. Check this ebay site for a brush to brushless converter and brushless tail esc. I will use my plush 30a esc and a 4200kv for the main and a 1804-2400kv multi rotor brushless motor for the tail. If I was to reorder everything including converter and tail esc, it comes to just over $100. Got some emax metal gear servos like you used in your 070 that I will try. Check out the photos for better understanding.

Ric...
Thanks for the diagram! The full BL seems less complicated. I think I am just going to order the BNF for now as I have ESC and BL motors I can use. So I still need to get the converter right? I wonder if the Xtreme will work?

Check this deal out, is this a steal? The seller is in the US too!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Walkera-Mast...item3a964dab5d
vincent713 is offline Find More Posts by vincent713
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 28, 2015, 11:42 PM
Find More Posts by rchrist
Joined Nov 2013
660 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent713 View Post
Thanks for the diagram! The full BL seems less complicated. I think I am just going to order the BNF for now as I have ESC and BL motors I can use. So I still need to get the converter right? I wonder if the Xtreme will work?

Check this deal out, is this a steal? The seller is in the US too!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Walkera-Mast...item3a964dab5d
The extreme converter will work, but the brush esc will have to remain. You only get about 88% throttle and thats programmed into the brush esc. The rchobbygear converter eliminates the brush esc and requires a resistor bridge across the battery check and it gets you 100% throttle. Same setup I have in my 400d02 and my brushless v913 with 400d02 rx.

I tried to order the MCP from ebay weeks ago, but had problems with TomTomStores and shipping. Alot of the sellers with that price range are all part of TTStores, so I went to BG. You won't have the shipping issues I had because you live in the States.

Ric...
rchrist is offline Find More Posts by rchrist
Old Jun 29, 2015, 12:21 AM
Joined Aug 2013
2,791 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rchrist View Post
The extreme converter will work, but the brush esc will have to remain. You only get about 88% throttle and thats programmed into the brush esc. The rchobbygear converter eliminates the brush esc and requires a resistor bridge across the battery check and it gets you 100% throttle. Same setup I have in my 400d02 and my brushless v913 with 400d02 rx.

I tried to order the MCP from ebay weeks ago, but had problems with TomTomStores and shipping. Alot of the sellers with that price range are all part of TTStores, so I went to BG. You won't have the shipping issues I had because you live in the States.

Ric...
Ok now I'm really confuse because all this time I thought you live in the US? That's another story......so the rchobbygear converter has the resistor bridge correct? Yeah I'm going to purchase the MCP from ebay site I post, I also have another pair of the emax metal gear servos. They've been working flawless on my 070. Thanks for the help Ric.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 02:07 AM
Find More Posts by Pachapapa
Never let it down
France, RA, Lyon
Joined Oct 2013
419 Posts
Keep in mind that Walkera has discontinued their whole line of helis ... It will be more and more difficult to find spares ...
Pachapapa is online now Find More Posts by Pachapapa
Old Jun 29, 2015, 09:30 AM
Find More Posts by dankar04
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
11,962 Posts
Walkera helis are easily available. I think they just stoped developement of helis. When Blade disc. a heli its gone right away except for parts. Anyway I'm sure the Master will be around for awhile/ plus others. There was never anything like Master made by anybody as bnf/ RTF heli. I bought both of mine from X-heli as they use to sell them $130.00 shipped. {127.95]
Master fbl unit if you use non stock servos make sure rotation is right. WK 7-6-9's fine/ Futaba S3114's also. Non stock servos tabs mag be off. Servos slide into pre cut slots. Heli is quite simple and easy to wotk on.
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Jun 29, 2015, 10:33 AM
Joined Aug 2013
2,791 Posts
Thank you all for the inputs, it looks like BG has all of the spare parts needed. So none of you guys have installed the brushless kit? I think this heli truly deserves at least a brushless main motor. The MCP will probably be the last Walkera I buy, beyond that it's going to be anything with Spektrum.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 09:58 PM
Find More Posts by Florida Heli
Expert Heli Crasher
Joined Jan 2014
2,521 Posts
Quote:
... beyond that it's going to be anything with Spektrum.
Does not need to be way high priced Spektrum. All you need is a LemonRX satellite or LemonRX. They are DSMX and work great with Devo 10.

Walkera parts for the Master CP show no signs of becoming unavailable at this time. Nobody knows what Walkera is doing.

-Florida Heli-
Florida Heli is offline Find More Posts by Florida Heli
Old Jun 29, 2015, 11:25 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
11,962 Posts
Quote:
Thank you all for the inputs, it looks like BG has all of the spare parts needed. So none of you guys have installed the brushless kit? I think this heli truly deserves at least a brushless main motor. The MCP will probably be the last Walkera I buy, beyond that it's going to be anything with Spektrum.
My #1 is all stock/ #2 has 3200 kv BL kit flys great/ plus m/g servos. I never changed #1 as it flew perfect out of box. added heat sink and flew it over 350 flights. #2 has about the same but added M/G servos after crash. Lader bl kit from Bang good. . They are both off flight line as flying two V200D03's bl shaft drive birds. Possible Scale project birds down the road for Masters. The V200D03s will smoke Master but they don'tyt crash well.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 11:57 AM
Joined Aug 2013
2,791 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankar04 View Post
My #1 is all stock/ #2 has 3200 kv BL kit flys great/ plus m/g servos. I never changed #1 as it flew perfect out of box. added heat sink and flew it over 350 flights. #2 has about the same but added M/G servos after crash. Lader bl kit from Bang good. . They are both off flight line as flying two V200D03's bl shaft drive birds. Possible Scale project birds down the road for Masters. The V200D03s will smoke Master but they don'tyt crash well.
Is the V200D03 the same size as the MCP? I have plans to put a fuselage on the MCP but the tail motor is located in an awkward place making it impossible unless you mod it into a direct drive motor?
Want to sell me your BL MCP?
Old Jun 30, 2015, 04:50 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
11,962 Posts
Very differnet heli. V200D03 is bl shaft drive tail. much lighter. It will blow smoke rings around a Master even with twin bl motors. they use same blades.
Mc/p blades are much cheaper. V200 uses cabon blades as Mc/p composit.
V200 frame is smaller and is 200 size. Master is 250 size.