HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 11, 2012, 03:53 PM
Master Of My Universe
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,707 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskySpade View Post
Well, its time to charge these batteries so I can get this bird in the air! Very happy to be flying the V911 once again!
That is good news to hear

Please take it easy for the first few minutes to get the feel of the sticks with this new one

I am hoping for a glowing flight report

John.
scotsoft is offline Find More Posts by scotsoft
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 11, 2012, 05:16 PM
Joined Jun 2012
37 Posts
Same thing happened to me. Just got what I thought was the "new" v911 from TMart to find I got the older version. Suggestion, contact them on their online chat function. They offered me a 30% refund off the list price for the screw up. Ended up saving me $12.60. Only problem is I now have only two batteries I was hoping to see if the new version worked with the eflight batteries as I have quite a few of them. Guess I'll use the refund to buy a new BNF version when they come out or order up a batch of the old batteries.

Quote:
So today, I received my replacement V911 in the mail. I ordered this replacement from TMart last Thursday, and even with paying for better shipping, it took 8 days to get to my doorstep from the US warehouse.

I purchased the "New Arrival" V911 with expectations that I'd receive the new battery connection. Well I didn't, I received the old battery connection. So the batteries with my first V911 (and the spares I ordered) won't be compatible. Damn!

However, on the bright side, earlier this week I received my order of five 150mAh batteries in the old style. I was going to return them, but I'm happy I haven't put them in the mail yet! I can use them now! As they fit my new V911 with the old style battery connection.

So the next step, is to fix my first V911. I'll have to get some replacement blades that fit it but hopefully, I can get it back in the air soon, as I'm going to have an abundance of batteries of both types.

The other thing I noticed with my new V911 is that the box is smaller. Its a square instead of a rectangle, and of course, it comes with all the stuff that its supposed to, just in smaller packaging. Just a side note I thought i'd mention.

Well, its time to charge these batteries so I can get this bird in the air! Very happy to be flying the V911 once again!
BlacksheepVMF214 is offline Find More Posts by BlacksheepVMF214
Old Oct 11, 2012, 06:56 PM
United States, MI, Ann Arbor
Joined Sep 2012
85 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotsoft View Post
That is good news to hear

Please take it easy for the first few minutes to get the feel of the sticks with this new one

I am hoping for a glowing flight report

John.
This evening, once again, right before daylight ended, the wind died down. So of course I managed to get in some flight time with the new V911. When I got home from work, I trimmed it out in my kitchen, so when I took it outside it would fly right. As expected, it performed beautifully! My best flight with a V911 to date.

Another thing I did, was see if the replacement blades that came with the new heli, would fit my first V911 whose main blades are broken. (As mentioned in a previous post: the spare blades that came with my first V911 did not fit the helicopter, they were too small and created too much friction for the blades to move freely.) Turns out the new blades fit, so now my first V911 is airborne again!

Feels good to be flying that bad boy again...
HuskySpade is offline Find More Posts by HuskySpade
Old Oct 11, 2012, 07:09 PM
Joined Sep 2011
51 Posts
For anyone buying the Fisheye Swashplate with the carbon fiber shaft. I just installed mine. I lined up the holes perfectly. I could see light perfectly through the shaft before I put the screw in. The CF shaft though looks like the holes are way too small. If I was to do it again I would enlarge the holes a little bit. Anyway, after 1 flight I noticed that the bottom of the shaft at the spur gear has a slight crack. This has induced a small wobble in my spur gear. If I rotate the spur I can see it wobble a huge amount.

It still flys fine but I think I'm going to switch back to the metal shaft. The swashplate is awesome though. Very smooth.

Anyone know offhand the size of all 3 bearings? I'm ordering some bearings for my RC car and I figure I might as well get a upgrade... even if it doesn't increase performance o well.
Curtisbeef is offline Find More Posts by Curtisbeef
Old Oct 11, 2012, 08:28 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,261 Posts
Quote:
This evening, once again, right before daylight ended, the wind died down. So of course I managed to get in some flight time with the new V911. When I got home from work, I trimmed it out in my kitchen, so when I took it outside it would fly right. As expected, it performed beautifully! My best flight with a V911 to date.

Another thing I did, was see if the replacement blades that came with the new heli, would fit my first V911 whose main blades are broken. (As mentioned in a previous post: the spare blades that came with my first V911 did not fit the helicopter, they were too small and created too much friction for the blades to move freely.) Turns out the new blades fit, so now my first V911 is airborne again!

Feels good to be flying that bad boy again...
Is there a difference in the blade pivot diameters of the two helis? Or the 'female' mating parts of the two sets of blades? I'm wondering what else they've changed besides the battery connector.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Oct 11, 2012, 09:12 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,356 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacksheepVMF214 View Post
Same thing happened to me. Just got what I thought was the "new" v911 from TMart to find I got the older version. Suggestion, contact them on their online chat function. They offered me a 30% refund off the list price for the screw up. Ended up saving me $12.60. Only problem is I now have only two batteries I was hoping to see if the new version worked with the eflight batteries as I have quite a few of them. Guess I'll use the refund to buy a new BNF version when they come out or order up a batch of the old batteries.
Their warehouse employees must have had a little waaaaaayyy too much liquid entertainment on the last chinese holiday (enough to still not be OFF of it or something)
Anyway, I am sitting in the same boat, I wanted to finally shed a light on this dreaded battery issue, just to get an OLD new one also.
Must really be an immensely difficult thing to pick a package off the right pile

Anyway, I tried it again, even though I am not hoping to still get the batteries early enough to have ANYTHING to say about it/them.
(that sucker is gonna go on the classifieds together with some other stuff soon .)

LESSON:
so much about ordering from a US warehouse thinking it would be even just a bit better than getting the slow boat from china
(btw. my hubsan X4, which I ordered on SEP14 FINALLY shows up as accepted in the system by china post on OCT10!!!! Great indeed, isnt it?)
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: E2's canopy thread
Old Oct 11, 2012, 09:32 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,446 Posts
I tested and the y911 blades will fit on the v911 and vice versa. However, the y911's blades are 1.26g versus 1.36g of the v911. You can feel that the y911's blades are thinner. More like Blade's line up.

Speaking of blades...anybody following along?
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...4#post22974819

v911 Fixed Pitch Night Blades (1 min 0 sec)
Daryoon is offline Find More Posts by Daryoon
Last edited by Daryoon; Oct 11, 2012 at 09:49 PM.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 09:39 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,356 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
I tested and the y911 blades will fit on the v911 and vice versa. However, the y911's blades are 1.26g versus 1.36g of the v911. You can feel that the y911's blades are thinner. More like Blade's line up.

Speaking of blades...anybody following a long?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTi9BBVQ_eY
checked that the first time it was posted ... went straight to my youtube favs ... (I wish I had only 20% of your electrical genius skills ...)
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: E2's canopy thread
Old Oct 11, 2012, 09:53 PM
USA, SC, Charleston
Joined Oct 2002
426 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
I wanted to finally shed a light on this dreaded battery issue, just to get an OLD new one also.
Dang! Maybe you should have ordered the old style. I'm sure they would have sent the new one. ...or a voltage regulator for a motor scooter. (Don't ask me how I know.)

Hey, on a completely different subject, if the cardboard box doesn't provide enough protection for your helis, Harbor Freight Tools has a great heli hangar for less than $30.00.

Rick
Ricomon is online now Find More Posts by Ricomon
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:18 PM
Bvc
United States, TX, Houston
Joined May 2012
330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post

Speaking of blades...anybody following along?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTi9BBVQ_eY
Wow! If the tail could be lit up white it would be perfect!
Bvc is offline Find More Posts by Bvc
Old Oct 12, 2012, 05:07 AM
Joined Jun 2012
37 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
LESSON:
so much about ordering from a US warehouse thinking it would be even just a bit better than getting the slow boat from china
(btw. my hubsan X4, which I ordered on SEP14 FINALLY shows up as accepted in the system by china post on OCT10!!!! Great indeed, isnt it?)
Yep, I ordered from the US warehouse too so my sorter must have been drinking from the same bottle. (I did notice the SKU on the box matches the SKU from the "new" version on the website so they must be trying to get rid of the old stock)

The mixup didn't keep me from flying it though and boy is this thing fun!! I can't wait for a low wind day as flying it inside doesn't seem to do it any justice since my living room is way too small. Very glad I picked one of these up.
BlacksheepVMF214 is offline Find More Posts by BlacksheepVMF214
Old Oct 12, 2012, 05:19 AM
Joined Apr 2012
139 Posts
So this is my first V911 and the batteries are different than the extras I ordered on eBay. I just don't know if I have the new one or the older one. Mine has a little white plug connector on the end cap. Where can I buy extra batteries that have the little white connector? Thanx.
Warrior0465 is offline Find More Posts by Warrior0465
Old Oct 12, 2012, 05:39 AM
Joined Jan 2012
1,594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior0465 View Post
So this is my first V911 and the batteries are different than the extras I ordered on eBay. I just don't know if I have the new one or the older one. Mine has a little white plug connector on the end cap. Where can I buy extra batteries that have the little white connector? Thanx.
You have a "new" v911 with new batteries.
New Batteries can be found here : http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Ne...t-p-51931.html
mystman is online now Find More Posts by mystman
Old Oct 12, 2012, 07:00 AM
Blue Skies
United States, VA, Williamsburg
Joined May 2012
1,285 Posts
Moving servos w/ or w/out battery inserted

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmoorthamers View Post
Anyone got the answer to the question whether there's a risk in moving the swashplate without a battery? (The servo then acting as a generator and the energy not beind able to go anywhere)
My experience is moving servos with them powered is more dangerous than moving them unpowered. I destroyed a servo on a 9116 by adjusting a connecting rod while it was on. Haven't had that problem with the 120SR or the V911.
Don
hifinsword is offline Find More Posts by hifinsword
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 12, 2012, 09:30 AM
United States, MI, Ann Arbor
Joined Sep 2012
85 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior0465 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystman View Post
You have a "new" v911 with new batteries.
New Batteries can be found here : http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Ne...t-p-51931.html
You can also find them here:
http://www.tmart.com/New-V91119-LiPo...r_p161583.html

Just a heads up, whether you go with banggood or TMart, they're being shipped from China, so be prepared to wait a few weeks before you get them. As we have yet to find a distributor in the US that sells the new style batteries.

My first V911 was the "new" style with the same little white battery connectors you were talking about. I ordered spares of this style on Oct 4th, we'll see how long it takes for them to arrive.
HuskySpade is offline Find More Posts by HuskySpade
Last edited by HuskySpade; Oct 12, 2012 at 10:15 AM.