HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 22, 2003, 12:07 AM
Minneapolis, MN and Durango, CO
Joined Apr 2002
211 Posts
Beware Of Revolution Hobbies

This post is a warning to all RC Group members regarding Revolution Hobbies.

A fellow club member and I placed an order for a kit offered on this sellers web site. After waiting about three weeks we both contacted the owner of Revolution Hobbies, Alan Baker to find out why our kit had not been delivered. It seems that orders for the kits were never placed with the kit maker.

Efforts to secure a refund have not been responded to. Phone calls have not been returned. Mr. Baker lists items from Bowman Hobbies on his site yet has never ordered anything from this supplier to support his claim of being able to deliver these items. Another kit maker which Baker lists on his site will not ship him goods.

A formal complaint has been filed with the FBI's internet fraud unit and an investigation is in process. Litigation for fraud is likely. If you have had similar experiences with this individual I would like to hear from you.

I do realize that some members of this group have had positive experiences in dealing with this individual, however, for others that has not been the case. I would think you are the lucky ones.
EBerris is offline Find More Posts by EBerris
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 22, 2003, 12:54 AM
near Byron Bay, Australia
Joined Sep 2002
733 Posts
I bought a Golden Oriole from Revolution Hobbies via EBay. Im happy with my purchase, it arrived as advertised in 5-7 days and flies nicely.
HOWEVER when I did suspect a problem with the motor I emailed them asking about a replacement. I was told Id first need to ship the $20AUD motor back to Hong Kong for them to verify it was faulty and then Id pay for postage to get a new one to me. I told them where Id stick the motor if it fails, in the ocean.

Lancair
Lancair is offline Find More Posts by Lancair
Old Aug 22, 2003, 01:24 AM
Insert custom witicism
San Diego
Joined Jun 2001
3,526 Posts
Another thread but same topic

Man, I wish you luck. There's no excuse for this kind of behavior. Here's another thread in the same vein.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...hreadid=133013

Jeff
Jeff Charlot is offline Find More Posts by Jeff Charlot