Old Jan 09, 2016, 02:35 PM
Find More Posts by Josh8loop
Joined Jan 2016
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by miru View Post
Which version of the Arduino IDE did NOT work?
V 1.6.7 didn't seem to work with my Nano. Reverting back allowed the program to upload correctly.
Josh8loop is offline Find More Posts by Josh8loop
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 09, 2016, 02:39 PM
Joined Jan 2016
9 Posts
Well, I received the FLYsky i6 transmitter and receiver I ordered. Time to break out the soldering iron and get the hardware going. Just to make sure, since my receiver only has channel 1-6, and B/VCC I figured I would make sure that I am connecting to the correct channels. Looks like it should be:

CH1-Aileron
CH2-Elevator
CH3-Throttle
CH4-Rudder
CH5-Aux1
CH6-Gear

Does that seem correct?
Old Jan 09, 2016, 02:43 PM
Find More Posts by dante1
XR-4Drone.com
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined May 2011
417 Posts
That looks right but you can also change the channel assignment in the sketch. That way you don't have wires crossing over each other.
dante1 is offline Find More Posts by dante1
Old Jan 09, 2016, 04:14 PM
Joined Jan 2016
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dante1 View Post
That looks right but you can also change the channel assignment in the sketch. That way you don't have wires crossing over each other.
Great thanks. Most of the solder smoke just cleared, so now on to installing Hyperterminal. I'm following the tutorial here:

http://ufo-doctor.ch/descriptions/Pa...ru_DX6i_V5.pdf

Not sure I like the link they post for getting the Hyperterminal. Surely there is a better location to get it.
Old Jan 09, 2016, 04:34 PM
XR-4Drone.com
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined May 2011
417 Posts
What model transmitter do you have?
Old Jan 09, 2016, 05:25 PM
Joined Jan 2016
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dante1 View Post
What model transmitter do you have?
Its the FlySky FS-i6 transmitter. 6 channels
Old Jan 10, 2016, 12:17 AM
Joined Jan 2016
9 Posts
For some reason the Hyperterminal isn't working. It seems to connect, but after pressing Cntrl B and it connects, no data shows up. I've checked and rechecked the settings etc and everything seems good there.

I connected the jumoer between ground and pin 10 on the arduino and nothing changes. I though I had seen something about pin 11 needing grounded? Maybe I should just try that next.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 11:09 AM
Find More Posts by miru
Vista, CA
Joined Feb 2008
1,466 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh8loop View Post
For some reason the Hyperterminal isn't working. It seems to connect, but after pressing Cntrl B and it connects, no data shows up. I've checked and rechecked the settings etc and everything seems good there.

I connected the jumoer between ground and pin 10 on the arduino and nothing changes. I though I had seen something about pin 11 needing grounded? Maybe I should just try that next.
If you use the latest sketch, it is pin D11 to GND for SETUP.
miru is offline Find More Posts by miru
Old Jan 11, 2016, 07:53 PM
Joined Jan 2016
9 Posts
Quote:
If you use the latest sketch, it is pin D11 to GND for SETUP.
Gotcha, at least now I know I wasn't crazy Perhaps that's why HyperTerminal wasn't behaving correctly and the arduino LED blink rate stayed the same. Maybe later this evening I can give it a go. Thank you for the help!

Josh
Old Jan 25, 2016, 06:37 PM
Find More Posts by elrodian
Joined Jan 2016
1 Posts
bebop

Would a mod like this work with the Parrot Bebop? I have the dx6i transmitter and would rather figure out a way to use it instead of shelling out the $500 for a skycontroller. It would have to be the wifi mod as the bebop doesnt have an onboard usb port.
elrodian is offline Find More Posts by elrodian
Old Jan 25, 2016, 08:51 PM
Find More Posts by miru
Vista, CA
Joined Feb 2008
1,466 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elrodian View Post
Would a mod like this work with the Parrot Bebop? I have the dx6i transmitter and would rather figure out a way to use it instead of shelling out the $500 for a skycontroller. It would have to be the wifi mod as the bebop doesnt have an onboard usb port.
I don't know, Dante1's call to get a Bebop into my hands did not generate any interrest in this group, so I stayed away from it. BTW, the MiruMod does not use a USB port, it uses the RS232 console port.
miru is offline Find More Posts by miru
Old Jan 25, 2016, 08:58 PM
XR-4Drone.com
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined May 2011
417 Posts
Quote:
I don't know, Dante1's call to get a Bebop into my hands did not generate any interrest in this group, so I stayed away from it. BTW, the MiruMod does not use a USB port, it uses the RS232 console port.
Yup, if everyone that benefited from this mod could donate just $10.00 to the Bebop fund, that would be great. But like Miru said, there wasn't any interest in this group.
Old Jan 29, 2016, 10:59 AM
XR-4Drone.com
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined May 2011
417 Posts
Fundraiser for bebop

Hey everyone,

I found a Bebop on eBay for $300.00us. If only 30 people donate $10.00 we can get Miru a Bebop to test and see if he can mod this badboy.
As a bonus, I will give everyone that donates a free clear bottom plate that I sell on ebay for $10.00. So it's a win win situation.
Please click on the link to make a donation.
Please donate!
Old Feb 15, 2016, 03:38 AM
Find More Posts by totalconfusion
Joined Feb 2016
6 Posts
I was hoping someone could help me with something if it isn't too much trouble?

I've been looking at a few posts regarding the AR drone 2.0 and Mirumod.

I'm trying to connect an Arduino pro mini to my DSM2 RX and AR drones 2.0 (9 pin) serial port.

Could someone please look at a diagram I've made and give me a thumbs up or down? I just need someone else to have a quick look before I start soldering it up.

It would be much appreciated if anyone can spare some time, thank you from Australia!

I really hope this diagram makes sense to you guys

Just for clarification the HV input to the logic level converter goes to the positive rail on the DSM2 RX then to the arduino VCC (5v)

likewise, the HV side GND on the logic level converter goes to the ground rail on the DSM2 RX then to GND on the arduino

Thanks a million!

PS: I'm using a Taranis TX, so I figure I'll have to mess around with mirus sketch file a bit to get the right channels tied to the input.

-totalconfusion
totalconfusion is offline Find More Posts by totalconfusion
Old Feb 15, 2016, 08:41 AM
XR-4Drone.com
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined May 2011
417 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by totalconfusion View Post
I was hoping someone could help me with something if it isn't too much trouble?

I've been looking at a few posts regarding the AR drone 2.0 and Mirumod.

I'm trying to connect an Arduino pro mini to my DSM2 RX and AR drones 2.0 (9 pin) serial port.

Could someone please look at a diagram I've made and give me a thumbs up or down? I just need someone else to have a quick look before I start soldering it up.

It would be much appreciated if anyone can spare some time, thank you from Australia!

I really hope this diagram makes sense to you guys

Just for clarification the HV input to the logic level converter goes to the positive rail on the DSM2 RX then to the arduino VCC (5v)

likewise, the HV side GND on the logic level converter goes to the ground rail on the DSM2 RX then to GND on the arduino

Thanks a million!

PS: I'm using a Taranis TX, so I figure I'll have to mess around with mirus sketch file a bit to get the right channels tied to the input.

-totalconfusion
Why not use this diagram as reference?
http://mirumod.net/hw/arduino_pro_mi..._LLC2_mini.jpg