HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 09, 2006, 05:22 AM
Joined Jun 2004
79 Posts
Discussion
Which one Hobbico Superstar EP With Ailerons or Parkzone Super-D?

Hello again everybody I am tring to decide on one of two electric models to start off with Hobbico Superstar EP With Ailerons or Parkzone Super-D? I have been reading about them on here and have noticed that you guys suggest minor hop-ups to the planes to add to the battery life and performance, but I am kinda canfused not knowing where to buy these mods or how to install. The hop ups that I want for both are a new motor and prop and sterable rear tailwheel.
Kyonic is offline Find More Posts by Kyonic
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 09, 2006, 10:14 AM
United States, NY, Queens
Joined Oct 2005
2,865 Posts
Cann't comment on the SuperStar, but the mods for the PZ Super D are the same mods as for the PZ Cub. Go to RCUniverse, then go to the ParkFlyers forum and look at the PZ Cub thread (about 38 pages at this time). All of the mods are detailed there, including Venom motor upgrade, GWS 8060 or 9070 props, and the tailwheel. Glacier Girl is the person with the best info on the mods for the Cub.
Leo L is offline Find More Posts by Leo L
Old Jan 10, 2006, 01:47 PM
Warbird crazy!
United States, CA, San Mateo
Joined Sep 2004
3,767 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyonic
Hello again everybody I am tring to decide on one of two electric models to start off with Hobbico Superstar EP With Ailerons or Parkzone Super-D? I have been reading about them on here and have noticed that you guys suggest minor hop-ups to the planes to add to the battery life and performance, but I am kinda canfused not knowing where to buy these mods or how to install. The hop ups that I want for both are a new motor and prop and sterable rear tailwheel.
Hi Kyonic

I would very much recommend the SuperStar EP with ail. Even with the orig. system this is a very good training plane that can grow very far with your skills. A steer able tail wheel and 7 cell 3300 NiMh pack will make the orig. DD ROG with no problem and you will get near 12 min flight time with mixed throttle. Over one year and 200+ flights my son and I still enjoy this plane. We learned on the 3 ch. version and no buddy box at an AMA club with instructors. Later, I added the ail. wing set up and other mods but we flew and learned on the stock DD set up with great success. Best of luck no matter which you choose.

John and Christo
new2rc is offline Find More Posts by new2rc