HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 26, 2008, 10:05 AM
Joined Apr 2007
71 Posts
Question
Why Did It Just Stop ????????

I have a trex 450 with a JGF 450th motor. I attempted to go flying the other day and the motor just sat there !!! No humm, no buzz, no nothing. However all the servos were behaving normally. I figure that either the motor or the speed controller went south on me, but which one?

Can one of you knowledgeable pilots tell me how I can determine whether my problem is a bad motor or bad speed controller ?

(Don't know what I'd do without this forum !!!!!!!!)

Thanks in advance.

Bob Morris
swflybob is offline Find More Posts by swflybob
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 26, 2008, 10:08 AM
Inverted is where it's at
New Baltimore, MI
Joined Aug 2007
828 Posts
I had a similar issue, it was my motor that had gone bad. I tested it by swapping in another motor and the new motor beeped and the old one did not.
MiniCwik is offline Find More Posts by MiniCwik
Old Feb 26, 2008, 11:47 AM
crash. rebuild. repeat
Fairfield CA, USA
Joined Mar 2005
838 Posts
Are you sure the connections are good between the esc and the motor? With the motors i've blown, you can usually tell due to the smoke coming out of the components.
heli_newbie is offline Find More Posts by heli_newbie
Old Feb 26, 2008, 01:44 PM
Too dumb to upload an avatar.
On the LIRR somewhere
Joined Jan 2007
2,405 Posts
Did the ESC go beep beep or whatever it normally does when you power up? I had that problem and it was a bum solder joint between my battery and ESC. All my components worked because I had a BEC that went straight to the battery and that connection didn't fail. Check all the connections between the motor and ESC and between the ESC and battery.
chrise2 is offline Find More Posts by chrise2
Old Feb 27, 2008, 05:47 PM
Joined Apr 2007
71 Posts
Thanks for the info. Finally bit the bullet and bought a new speed controller. That solved the problem.

Bob Morris
swflybob is offline Find More Posts by swflybob