HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 15, 2013, 01:27 PM
we dont NEED roads!
United States, CA, Rocklin
Joined Aug 2012
3,415 Posts
Thats a good looking build. Do you know how heavy the frame was without electronics?

My wooden H frame came in just under 3lbs... it obviously was way too heavy. So I scrapped the idea and moved everything to a spider FPV frame. The build log is here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1804472

I am starting to run out of room, and im not very happy with the vibrations I am getting from cheap plastic arms. I am thinking of re-visiting the H-frame, but with lightweight materials.
AcroFPV is offline Find More Posts by AcroFPV
to remove ads between posts
Old May 15, 2013, 01:34 PM
Retired Flyer
United States, FL, Boynton Beach
Joined Nov 2011
118 Posts
The frame less electronics is very light, instead of running wood strips from end to end I sandwiched a piece of epp foam and it prevents flex in the middle. With a 3300 mah battery it hovers at less than half throttle.

I also have that same spider frame, didn't like the bouncing gimbal. Way to much vibration and bounce. But I did modify it and hard mounted it to my dji 450 cradled in a home made lexan holder with memory foam, and it works perfect.

Attached pic of Gimbal with Lexan cradle and memory foam
floridabiker is offline Find More Posts by floridabiker
Last edited by floridabiker; May 15, 2013 at 01:58 PM. Reason: Add more info
Old May 16, 2013, 02:13 AM
Switzerland
Joined Jul 2010
346 Posts
Great to see all of these DIY, thanks for sharing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridabiker View Post
Here is some pics of my latest H Quad
980KV Sunnysky's with 11x4.7 props lift this thing with ease, and Naza keeps it steady as a rock for Aerial Videos.
I use a piece of memory foam under camera mount for anti-vibration.
Camera housing is for the Sony Action Cam HDR-as10
Nice build welcome to your new QuadH.
Have fun.
eyesonsky is offline Find More Posts by eyesonsky