HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 20, 2012, 01:22 PM
Norway, Nordland, Saltdal
Joined May 2012
13 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by COCO2010 View Post
Hello Guys !
I have a problem on my Tri,when I apply throttle it will start to spin to the right and if I will keep going the tri will go up but the whole tri flatform is spinning.Some body mention about GYRO COMPENSATION ,to reverse it and I don't know how to do it.Can somebody PLEASE show me how to reverse the gyro compensation? Any help will greatly be appreciated. Thanks
maybe this will help you?

Q: How to reverse the yaw gyro for a tricopter?
A: Go to the "Mixer Editor" and change the channel (number to the upper right) to 4 where the yaw servo is connected. Then change the "rudder" mix value to -100.
fjante is offline Find More Posts by fjante
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 20, 2012, 01:48 PM
Joined Apr 2012
534 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharmik View Post
Hey mate nice to meet you. I saw your TRI's videos. They are amazing.
Thanks!!
Why dont people like You and me meet at one of the IIT conferences on electronic flight stabilization ...anyways looking forward to meeting you at techfest this year better be there....this time probably they are going to try and stabilize hovercraft ...so the code and sensors are all the same...its just the application that has changed...anyways gr8 to hear from you brother...looking forward to more quad videos from you...
Akcopter is offline Find More Posts by Akcopter
Old Sep 20, 2012, 01:56 PM
Whats the wrst that can happn?
Chicago, IL USA
Joined May 2010
2,694 Posts
Can someone help me with mounting advice for the Hobby King KK2 with LCD onto the upper deck of the DJI F330. The mounting holes of the KK2 don't align with the DJI deck screws. But are so close that I can't just directly bolt the KK2 onto it without some intermediary something or other.

This is my first multi-rotor so forgive the newbie Q

Pics would be awesome...haven't found any online that I could figure out how it was mounted.

Thanks
AdamChicago is offline Find More Posts by AdamChicago
Old Sep 20, 2012, 01:59 PM
Joined Apr 2012
534 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davereap View Post
I dont know that the gyro can be reversed on a KK2, correct me if I am wrong.....its the KK1 board that can do that..
On a tri the gyro controls the servo, and that moves the tilt of the motor to rotate/spin the model..if you physically rotate the model the servo should tilt the motor in the opposite direction, so as to stop the twist/spin.. and the rudder also tilts the motor...check which way the servo moves and simply reverse servo direction if its needed..
When or if, its all moving in the correct direction, manually adjust the angle of motor tilt on the linkage until the model stops being spun up..
It doesn't take much of an angle to spin the model..
Dont Jump to such wrong conclusions....
the gyro direction can easily be reversed by going to mixer editor as stated above but ..
on a tri physically reversing the gyro will do the trick but if the gyro compensation
is wrong on a quad then what would one do...
cant expect KK to have skipped that thought...
we know we can't expect every newcomer to read the whole thread... its a long thread but
just reading the first page would have solved this problem...
Old Sep 20, 2012, 02:03 PM
Joined Apr 2012
534 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamChicago View Post
Can someone help me with mounting advice for the Hobby King KK2 with LCD onto the upper deck of the DJI F330. The mounting holes of the KK2 don't align with the DJI deck screws. But are so close that I can't just directly bolt the KK2 onto it without some intermediary something or other.

Pics would be awesome...haven't found any online that I could figure out how it was mounted.

Thanks
I dont wanna sound like last century...
but mounting the kk2 by just sticking it on a bed of double sided foam tape will not only ensure a strong and faithful bond to the frame but will also dampen some vibrations..so DJI frame or not this can be one of the viable options if you like
Old Sep 20, 2012, 02:31 PM
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined May 2010
150 Posts
This board even works great on a vtail frame!... setup was tricky at forst but just needed to flip some motor directions and inputs. Mixer settings also had to be changed also.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19469834/IMG...919_232054.jpg
danielnc06 is online now Find More Posts by danielnc06
Old Sep 20, 2012, 02:37 PM
Custom quad builder
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielnc06 View Post
This board even works great on a vtail frame!... setup was tricky at forst but just needed to flip some motor directions and inputs. Mixer settings also had to be changed also.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19469834/IMG...919_232054.jpg
Would you mind posting your settings because I have one of these on the way
tech69x is offline Find More Posts by tech69x
Old Sep 20, 2012, 02:54 PM
Joined Jul 2012
104 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech69x View Post
Would you mind posting your settings because I have one of these on the way
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...622447&page=90

Post #1346
Creepin22 is offline Find More Posts by Creepin22
Old Sep 20, 2012, 02:59 PM
Indonesia
Joined Apr 2012
48 Posts
finally, my second quad can fly pretty stable i think
after my first quad crash with KK2.0 V1.2
this is the video for the auto-level test
i hope i can test it outdoor today
KK2.0 Self Level / Auto Level Test (1 min 4 sec)
vbee is offline Find More Posts by vbee
Old Sep 20, 2012, 03:05 PM
Whats the wrst that can happn?
Chicago, IL USA
Joined May 2010
2,694 Posts
Being new to multi-rotors I was afraid that wouldn't hold it well enough...keeping in mind that's what keeps it flying. But if that's what most people do that'll work for me:

Thank you!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akcopter View Post
but mounting the kk2 by just sticking it on a bed of double sided foam tape will not only ensure a strong and faithful bond to the frame but will also dampen some vibrations..so DJI frame or not this can be one of the viable options if you like
AdamChicago is offline Find More Posts by AdamChicago
Old Sep 20, 2012, 03:33 PM
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined May 2010
150 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creepin22 View Post
Thanks, you beat me to it.. those settings are pretty basic to get you into the fine tuning process.. of course those are with 750 kv 3 cell system
danielnc06 is online now Find More Posts by danielnc06
Old Sep 20, 2012, 03:57 PM
Joined Jul 2012
104 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielnc06 View Post
Thanks, you beat me to it.. those settings are pretty basic to get you into the fine tuning process.. of course those are with 750 kv 3 cell system
Lol I was in the middle of sending them to my friend, then saw this post lol.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 04:04 PM
Joined Jul 2012
104 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamChicago View Post

Thanks
I have tried 1, 2, and 3 layers of tape. As well as plastic stand-offs. I personally like the stand-off's, but that was on a 450 frame. You could oval the mounting holes on the FC to allow them to reach the holes in the frame. If you decide to use tape, I'd suggest using 1 piece of foam, double sided tape. Seamed to work the best for me, as far as tape went.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 04:15 PM
Registered Aircraft Offender
Carmichael, CA
Joined Feb 2007
3,532 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akcopter View Post
+1

I installed KK2 boards on 2 quads using this gyro tape from Esprit Models:

http://www.espritmodel.com/esprit-gyro-tape.aspx

I cut 2 pieces to run the width of the board, which gives nearly 100% coverage. Both boards feel as if they are solid mounted to the frame, but the foam dampens higher frequency vibration. The only down side to this product: it is very difficult to remove and clean everything once it is stuck. This could have to do with my 100% coverage, but I have not experimented with lower coverage because both quads turned out to be extremely stable. I even have altitude damping working decent on quad #2.

Kev
Truglodite is offline Find More Posts by Truglodite
Old Sep 20, 2012, 10:36 PM
Custom quad builder
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creepin22 View Post
Thank you sir.
tech69x is offline Find More Posts by tech69x