HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 21, 2012, 02:39 PM
North Germany
Joined Nov 2007
14 Posts
Discussion
Tekin RS Pro

Hello,
does anyone use a Tekin RS Pro ESC? I had some problems to get it running, but then it worked fine. The engine I use is a Pure evo 5.5 Nosram.
THEN: I ran the first battery on a parking lot - no probs - then changed the battery - and from the moment I switched on my bike, the esc says: "wrong motortyp" by blinking led 1,2 + 5,6...
Back at home, I started the hotwire and checked the adjustments - nothing wrong...
Question, is there a secret I do not know? Why is it so ....ing complicating to use this esc?
I hope someone knows any help - it would take ages to service it at McCall, Idaho, United States(15000Km?!)

thanks - Jan-Henrik
jan-henriks is offline Find More Posts by jan-henriks
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 23, 2012, 02:03 AM
Joined Sep 2011
34 Posts
Can see you havent got an answer so try on the Tekin forum instead

http://forum.teamtekin.com/phpbb3/vi...52687c17ec4bd3
Foodie is offline Find More Posts by Foodie
Old Feb 23, 2012, 11:46 AM
Tirol
Joined Jul 2009
1,115 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jan-henriks View Post
Pure evo 5.5 Nosram.
This applies to my RC-Bike experiance only:

VERY first change the sensorcable. If the ESC also works without sensors: unplug the sensorcable.

The Nosram Pure Evolution is the "blueinshgrey" anodized series I take it. Thats the same as the LRP X12 series. We here in Austria stopped using those Motors beginning of 2010 after cooking them on a daily basis. Apart from that I saw drivers like Gianni Zonzini loosing races because of that motor. I hardly want to mention the uncounted Motors I saw over the past year burnt, with ruined sensors, broken rotors and bearings falling apart. Or they just stop to work and usually take the ESC with them to heaven.

I am not sure but I think its the internal timing those motors have. It looks like the sensors are positioned differently than on other motors. A "hidden" timing. I also saw this on the new CS-Motors that are out for 2012 and they too have the sensors
positioned differently and those too make trouble. For bikes this is, because we do a lot of braking and "modern" motors seem designed differently than in the past years. Causing them to overheat.

My feeling is that Nosram motors only work properly with Nosram ESCs in cars....

But as I dont have the slightest idea about motors at all this is just a rough guess. Try a different "conventional" motor maybe your problem is solved (LRP X11 Series or Nosram equivalent). Or if you want to be sure its not the motor try a Graupner GM Pro (9T Delta) or similar winding. Those motors worked really well for me. Or buy a Lehner and drive it for the next 5 years..... thats what I have opted for because I had enough of fooling around with motors.
edi.winter is offline Find More Posts by edi.winter
Old Feb 23, 2012, 02:22 PM
Joined Sep 2011
34 Posts
The X12 is like that way even today At the DHI-Cup big indoor race in Denmark, almost everyone not running LRP/Nosram speedo with the required X12 in super stock had troubles. It was either the sensor board going bad or you would kill the rotor. The fastest guys did actually replace the rotor after each heat (around 5œ minutes racing).

The problem is something to do with the internal timing of that motor so you basicly cannot use timing on the ESC.

Speed Passion motors is also a safe purchase, its the most reliable motor i have owned
Foodie is offline Find More Posts by Foodie
Old Feb 23, 2012, 03:51 PM
North Germany
Joined Nov 2007
14 Posts
Oh man - thats not what I wanted to hear:-( Because I bought a Nosram Brushless Motor Pure Evolution 4.0T today...) It was the cheapest motor(38,00euro) with fast delivery. First IŽll try another engine with the esc, to make shure it is the engine or the esc.
In my KP bike I use to run Kontronik Kira motor - never had any problems.
Thank you boys - I learned a lot. IŽll let you know how long the 4T Evo last:-)
jan-henriks is offline Find More Posts by jan-henriks
Old Feb 23, 2012, 04:48 PM
Tirol
Joined Jul 2009
1,115 Posts
guess why it was cheap....
edi.winter is offline Find More Posts by edi.winter