HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 16, 2012, 10:37 PM
Portland, Oregon
Joined Aug 2008
1,543 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aros View Post
That vario setup is sweet! I'm anxious to hear the results.

Aros...
Was it you or Brandon who figured what size prop would actually be closest to a real stock one...? Did you guys determine it was a 21" or was it a 19" I can't remember...? I'll bet either a 19", 20" or even a 21" would be so cool on this plane if any of those are closer to stock... Still you gotta have a motor than can turn it though...

Who really would have guessed we'd have foamies this big even 3 years ago...? One of my buddies I was flying with this weekend is ordering the big 79" BlitzRCWworks Super B17 this week and he thinks our P51's are so cool... He along with several others who don't even own our P51's are well aware of our landing gear problems and that surprised me... They all love our big 4 bladed paddle props slowly spinning at idle... The sound system would be awesome if done correctly especially if matched up to one of those super cool gear drives...

bnick
bnick2k8 is offline Find More Posts by bnick2k8
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 16, 2012, 11:00 PM
Should've, Would've, Could've
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,851 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flightwing1 View Post
Also in the watts, I cranked out 2150 with 92.0 amps at 24.5 volts static WOT. I could make it more with more pitch but after the short run up burst I found the motor very warm.. I will not be running it at full for long periods during flight. I have the Hacker motor A-60 6s ready to bolt on after the running the stock.
Chad
what size esc are you planning to run with the hacker A60?
v8truckin is offline Find More Posts by v8truckin
Old Apr 16, 2012, 11:06 PM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,407 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnick2k8 View Post
Aros...
Was it you or Brandon who figured what size prop would actually be closest to a real stock one...? Did you guys determine it was a 21" or was it a 19" I can't remember...? I'll bet either a 19", 20" or even a 21" would be so cool on this plane if any of those are closer to stock... Still you gotta have a motor than can turn it though...

Who really would have guessed we'd have foamies this big even 3 years ago...? One of my buddies I was flying with this weekend is ordering the big 79" BlitzRCWworks Super B17 this week and he thinks our P51's are so cool... He along with several others who don't even own our P51's are well aware of our landing gear problems and that surprised me... They all love our big 4 bladed paddle props slowly spinning at idle... The sound system would be awesome if done correctly especially if matched up to one of those super cool gear drives...

bnick
It wasn't me, I forget who came up with the scale figure but I believe it was 20" to make it the same as scale.
Aros is offline Find More Posts by Aros
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 16, 2012, 11:22 PM
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Dec 2008
291 Posts
20" Solo Prop

Quote:
It wasn't me, I forget who came up with the scale figure but I believe it was 20" to make it the same as scale.

I have an email in to Solo Props to get a price on a 20" scale 4 blade with hub. It will cost more than the plane but it is so cool.. A Hacker geared motor at 2.5 times the cost of the plane would spin it if we can get enough battery power on board. Check out one of my previous posts with the H9 P-51 with the geared Hacker C50 and 19" Vario...Too cool for school if price is not a consideration..
Letsmakeadeal is offline Find More Posts by Letsmakeadeal
Old Apr 16, 2012, 11:42 PM
Portland, Oregon
Joined Aug 2008
1,543 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Letsmakeadeal View Post
I have an email in to Solo Props to get a price on a 20" scale 4 blade with hub. It will cost more than the plane but it is so cool.. A Hacker geared motor at 2.5 times the cost of the plane would spin it if we can get enough battery power on board. Check out one of my previous posts with the H9 P-51 with the geared Hacker C50 and 19" Vario...Too cool for school if price is not a consideration..

If we all chip in $50 would you be willing to build it...?
bnick
bnick2k8 is offline Find More Posts by bnick2k8
Old Apr 17, 2012, 02:16 AM
Fly & Have Fun..Enjoy the Ride
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Mar 2009
5,659 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnick2k8 View Post
Aros...

bnick
Wasn't me either....
brandonmoon is offline Find More Posts by brandonmoon
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Relocated back to Arizona
Old Apr 17, 2012, 04:42 AM
Most people are stupid!
Australia, QLD, Gold Coast
Joined Oct 2011
4,066 Posts
It was me, but it was so many pages back I can't remember.

Just found it.. 20" diameter.
dambit is online now Find More Posts by dambit
Last edited by dambit; Apr 17, 2012 at 04:45 AM. Reason: added info
Old Apr 17, 2012, 10:03 AM
United States, TX, Argyle
Joined Feb 2012
112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8truckin View Post
what size esc are you planning to run with the hacker A60?
I already have moded with CC 120 HV and CC 20 BEC running stock motor now.
flightwing1 is offline Find More Posts by flightwing1
Old Apr 17, 2012, 11:22 AM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,851 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flightwing1 View Post
I already have moded with CC 120 HV and CC 20 BEC running stock motor now.
Ah okay prop mod on 120a HV , gotcha. Didn't know if u were still gonna use that for the vario.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 11:30 PM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,407 Posts
I spoke with FMS tonight...They have finished the engineering and design of their own in-house-built retracts. Now they need to make the mold and begin the manufacturing phase. It will still be a while until these FMS retracts are shipped with their planes but they are working night and day to rectify the problem with these third party retracts...

V3 will no doubt be the first planes shipped with their own retracts. Their 1700 Corsair - which was to launch in early May - has again been delayed because of these retracts. They don't want the same problem to happen with their new Corsair that has happened with the V2 P-51. As they said, it's time to focus on quality over quantity as they have produced 21 new planes in 2011.

This will be a great thing moving forward.
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 18, 2012, 12:40 AM
United States, CA, Yosemite Lakes
Joined Jan 2008
687 Posts
Will they be giving us folks who have already bought the plane and lost retracts due to their problems free V3 retracts? I really dont want to get the v1 or v2 ones just to have them fail again.
scribble007 is offline Find More Posts by scribble007
Old Apr 18, 2012, 12:48 AM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,407 Posts
That I'm not sure about. I know they are willing to work with any of their customers who have had problems, but the exact nature of what they will do I don't have that information. The best way to find that out is to contact your distributor or even FMS direct.
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 18, 2012, 01:59 AM
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Mar 2009
5,659 Posts
Quote:
I spoke with FMS tonight...They have finished the engineering and design of their own in-house-built retracts. Now they need to make the mold and begin the manufacturing phase. It will still be a while until these FMS retracts are shipped with their planes but they are working night and day to rectify the problem with these third party retracts...

V3 will no doubt be the first planes shipped with their own retracts. Their 1700 Corsair - which was to launch in early May - has again been delayed because of these retracts. They don't want the same problem to happen with their new Corsair that has happened with the V2 P-51. As they said, it's time to focus on quality over quantity as they have produced 21 new planes in 2011.

That sound great!...i WILL DEFINATELY BE EXPECTING A SET. Though I don't care to recieve it through BH as they indicated to me in the mail I got earlier, I prefer they send it to me direct as they did before and ASAP hot of the factory floor!

Your camera mounts will be in the mail friday. you can heat them up and shape them as you desire.
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 18, 2012, 02:12 AM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,851 Posts
Quote:

THats great news gor those that had problems & future buyers.

Do you know if they will be eflite like metal retracts? like the 60-120 mg retracts they got ahold of after you directed them to use em as a reference. I sure hope so!
Old Apr 18, 2012, 02:21 AM
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Mar 2009
5,659 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8truckin View Post
THats great news gor those that had problems & future buyers.

Do you know if they will be eflite like metal retracts? like the 60-120 mg retracts they got ahold of after you directed them to use em as a reference. I sure hope so!
I assume by what Aros said in his earlier post to us that if they're "pouring molds" ?... it sounds like the caseing will more than likely fiber injected and not metal. probably much like the PTZ's, but with a better lock down cam and rocker and hopefully better PCB controller with a wider Voltage range to better accomodate the current systems operating on the market and actually be able to handle up to 7.4 Volts with out going up in smoke at 6 or 6.6 volts
RCG Plus Member