HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 11, 2012, 07:16 AM
Joined Jun 2006
16 Posts
Discussion
my vacuum system setup,need suggestions

i am now trying to build my first DIY vacuum system, it's my first time and I meet with many problems,so I need some suggestions and help here
here is the setup for my system, is there something wrong within it ?

my problem is ,

1) my when my pump is off, the air will return into the system , so I add a mac valve and a check valve in front of the pump, so which one should be nearest to the pump ? the mac valve or the check valve ?

2)there is an arrow printed on my mac valve , which direction should be installed ? should the arrow point to the pump or the bags ?

Thanks in advance !
HLEP .....
ROSS OS is offline Find More Posts by ROSS OS
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 11, 2012, 08:59 AM
Joined Oct 2010
109 Posts
Explain what is a MAC valve?
sunnybreeze is offline Find More Posts by sunnybreeze
Old Nov 11, 2012, 01:01 PM
Live and let Fly !
Mill Hill - London
Joined Aug 2009
107 Posts
Hi,

about everything you need to know is here

http://www.joewoodworker.com/veneering/EVS/concept.htm

the MAC valve lets the vac pumps start unloaded and will extend its life. My system gets used infrequently - i didnt bother with a MAC valve

Regards and happy bagging

LB
Lawrence B is offline Find More Posts by Lawrence B
Old Nov 20, 2012, 10:48 PM
Portland Intl, Oregon, United States
Joined Jul 2003
1,155 Posts
I didnt use a MAC valve either. Actually never heard of them.
When I built my system, I just put a small hole in the hose between the check valve and the pump. (used a pin to poke the hole)
It lets the vacuum bleed off at the pump but not on the on the bag side of the check valve. I tested it and it doesn't seem to lessen the amount of vacuum much either.
Simple fixes are sometimes the best.
TIM
A6INTRUDER is offline Find More Posts by A6INTRUDER
Old Nov 22, 2012, 11:09 AM
Joined Feb 2008
79 Posts
MAC is simply the name of the manufacturer.This type of valve is used on many industrial and packaging machines for controlling compresed air or vacuum.
Bartplus4 is offline Find More Posts by Bartplus4
Old Nov 22, 2012, 11:23 AM
United States, CA, Brentwood
Joined Jun 2012
451 Posts
Really depends on the solenoid(Mac) valve. Is it a sealing type or exhaust type? If its an exhaust type, the arrow would need to point to the pump, and when it closes, it will bleed the pump side back to atmosphere pressure. Easy way to tell is to put air on each port individually. If the solenoid is closed, one port will have air escaping out the top of the valve. This is the exhaust type.
Underthetire is offline Find More Posts by Underthetire