Old Jul 08, 2012, 08:05 AM
U Bend em - we mend em
Australia, NSW, Henty
Joined Jun 2011
87 Posts
Help!
Any body used Vista Chargers?

Hi

Just wondered if anybody had any opinions of, or has used any of the Vista chargers. I've seen them only on Extreme RC in Australia

On first looks they seem to have slightly different outputs and capacities than some other brands.
I'm in the market for a charger with min 200watts and would prefer one with 2 seperate outputs (my batteries are varied 2-6s and different capacities) and thus parallel charging from one charger is not the answer for me.

VISTA 610ACDC is a Dual Input and also Dual output charger:
6S 100W / 7A per side = A$143

VISTA AP625 DC CHARGER fair sized charger. = A$99
Input DC11~24V , 25A , Max.350W , Discharge ~20A

I've read till blue in the face and have gone off IMax. I am aware of and like
106B but I need two chargers (thus my looking into DUAL outputs)

Would appreciate your opinions and feedback
Cheers
Geoff
Proper Job is offline Find More Posts by Proper Job
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 08, 2012, 08:56 AM
3RN13
United States, IL, West Chicago
Joined Feb 2008
438 Posts
Hello Geoff

A buddy of mine likes the Hyperion Chargers, some are dual port and very powerful and easy to use.

Ernie
ernie b is offline Find More Posts by ernie b
Old Jul 08, 2012, 12:07 PM
RC Helicopter Pilot
United States, CA, Westminster
Joined Mar 2010
1,696 Posts
If I needed a 2 in 1 charger, I would look at Thunder Power.
And never a Hyperion. Read too many bad stories about them.
TheWoodCrafter is offline Find More Posts by TheWoodCrafter
Old Jul 08, 2012, 12:56 PM
3RN13
United States, IL, West Chicago
Joined Feb 2008
438 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWoodCrafter View Post
If I needed a 2 in 1 charger, I would look at Thunder Power.
And never a Hyperion. Read too many bad stories about them.
I disagree, but we are both entitled to our opinions.

Ernie
ernie b is offline Find More Posts by ernie b
Old Jul 08, 2012, 12:58 PM
RC Helicopter Pilot
United States, CA, Westminster
Joined Mar 2010
1,696 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ernie b View Post
I disagree, but we are both entitled to our opinions.

Ernie
Yup.
That is why we have such a diverse product choice.
TheWoodCrafter is offline Find More Posts by TheWoodCrafter
Old Jul 09, 2012, 02:28 PM
Suspended Account
United States, FL, Pompano Beach
Joined Oct 2011
1,425 Posts
I was searching for a thread on Hyperion chargers which brought me here, so here's my two cents on the subject. I recently bought a Hyperion EOS1420iNET3 and I liked it so much I bought a second one. (when hooked to my PC it will talk to me about the charging process and put warnings into words vs R2D2 beeps) I'm replacing my well used and antiquated AstroFlight 109 and e-Station 701 which still work fine but can't keep up with modern LiPos. So far I am happy with the performance and ease of use. ( easy to me= no book reading). I also run the Hyperion E-Meter2 and Hyperion Servo Commander software on my PC and that is were there is a problem. If I run two of the programs together some sort of conflict arises at times and causes my computer to lock up (1yr old mid range performance) It didn't happen enough to comment on it until I started running Servo Command. That locks up my computer pretty much guaranteed if running their other software and sometimes all by itself. I emailed the company and did receive a 1 word answer. I did not understand it so so I emailed back requesting more info. The response was a complete sentence but no issues were resolved.
I take the chargers to the field and run them wo a PC and have no problem. The Emeter2 tool is great and extremely versatile for a hand held tool. In general am a satisfied customer with the products standing alone. Although I'd like smoother running software that seems to be how the software industry operates, releasing incomplete faulty software with the promise to fix it later. No more than an observation as I don't know enough about it to say weather it's a Ponzie scheme or that's the physical reality to it. But it is certainly my reality.
When asked about chargers my initial thought is not so focused on a particular charger but relaying to the questioner the need for a quality name brand unit. It's the cornerstone for a successful electric flight experience. Cheap battery's, airplanes and motors all good for learning what you like and easily replaceable, but burning the house down saving a few bucks on a charger it's just not worth it. Of course a good charger also hedges the bets when the planes,motors and battery's aren't inexpensive knock offs.
One recommendation is don't spend money on an internal AC power supply. A used car battery and a 20$ 12V 10A charger allows allot more money to be spent where it's needed, high quality electronic components and good software to run it. Another important consideration is how far/big do you think your going to go. No need to spend money on a high power unit with lots of cell capacity when 14S airplanes (whatever s) aren't on the bucket list. It's best to look at the short term future as technology is changing so rapidly. ( I've heard rumor of aluminum battery's with 10times the energy density of Li Po) This last thought may sound silly but seems to be true, buy a brand that you like. Folks seem to get more satisfaction with a brand they like (even if it turns out not to be so great) than buying a brand that they have reservations about (even if it is great). It seems people are more tolerant of problems (which occur, that's the reality of machines) if they "like the brand" vs. I knew I shouldn't of bought that brand when/if problems occur.
zeroback is offline Find More Posts by zeroback
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jul 10, 2012, 07:23 AM
U Bend em - we mend em
Australia, NSW, Henty
Joined Jun 2011
87 Posts
To: Woodcrafter,ErnieB and Zeroback
Thanks for your advice will add it to the melting pot.

But I still hope that someone has some info on those VISTA Chargers

Geoff
Proper Job is offline Find More Posts by Proper Job
Old Jul 10, 2012, 05:02 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2011
1,425 Posts
Looks like it's an opportunity to tell us if a Vista is any good
Old Jul 18, 2012, 07:57 AM
Joined Jan 2004
2,479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proper Job View Post
To: Woodcrafter,ErnieB and Zeroback
Thanks for your advice will add it to the melting pot.

But I still hope that someone has some info on those VISTA Chargers

Geoff
We have been importing the Vista Power chargers since Nov of last year and have had good success with them. One of the better Chinese chargers on the market.

http://www.rcaccessory.com/vistapowerchargers.aspx

All Vista Power chargers purchased from RC Accessory have a 1 year warranty from us. We are in our 12th year in business and also import the Bantam e-Station line of chargers in North America. We are also the only Authorized Service Center for Bantam outside the factory in the world.

One of my favorite Vista Power chargers is the AP625. $104.95 See the spec's.

Specifications:

- Input voltage: 11-24.0V
- Charge power: 350 Watts Max
- Discharge power:25 Watts Max
- Discharge current range: 0.1~20.0A
- Charge current range: 0.1-25.0A
- Current drain for balancing LiPo: 300mAh/cell
- NiCd/NiMH battery cell count: 1 - 18cells
- LiPo/LiLo/LiFe battery cell count: 1 - 6cells
- Pb battery voltage: 2V~20V
- Digital Power: 3~24V
- Energy Transfer Discharge Power: 200 Watts Max
- Weight: 610g
- Dimensions: 175 x 150 x 67 mm
- One Year Warranty
RC Accessory is offline Find More Posts by RC Accessory
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 31, 2012, 11:24 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2011
1,425 Posts
Dose it talk to you?
Old Jul 31, 2012, 11:28 AM
United States, MN
Joined Feb 2011
4,374 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroback View Post
Dose it talk to you?
what the heck?
grimbeaver is offline Find More Posts by grimbeaver
Old Aug 02, 2012, 11:41 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2011
1,425 Posts
Yes, a talking charger is understandable vs R2-D2 beeps. It has all sorts of neat sound bites to choose from. It dose have to be connected to a PC as there are no audio speakers on the unit. I put a pack on charge turn up the volume and I go on about my business but in range of the audio. It monitors charge status and comments on were the charge is at and also warns of incorrect cell count, out of balance etc,etc. I thought it nothing more than a goofy gimmick at first but it turns out after using it to be legit.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 06:29 PM
tntpoof
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Offensive content (Profanity). It is temporarily hidden while tntpoof edits it.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 09:19 AM View Post
tntpoof
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Trolling (Widespread). Show it to me anyway.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 08:12 AM
Good Ole American Bad Az 4real
Joined Aug 2012
480 Posts
I didn't violate any of your RULES I told the truth about a poorly made charger .. Its bad when you can not tell the truth about a product that doe not do what it is advertised as being able to do.. The Vista Power AP625 is a Piece of Junk..
tntpoof is offline Find More Posts by tntpoof