HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 11:54 PM
Joined Sep 2014
23 Posts
Very cool!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Energy View Post
I know that there are a small group of guys running this boat here, so why not make a "go to thread" for pictures, video and talk.

back2earth is online now Find More Posts by back2earth
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 11:59 PM
He who has the most toys wins.
Australia, QLD, Mooloolaba
Joined Apr 2013
1,656 Posts
I had to make a new twin servo mount and hook it all up. I'm going down to hit the water now... Back soon
ondabeach is online now Find More Posts by ondabeach
Old Today, 12:31 AM
Vancouver, BC
Joined Aug 2009
2,057 Posts
I like it, but why does the stator housing/fixed nozzle part have to be so long? Dangle a set of cajones underneath that thing and you've got yourself an adult lady toy.
Firehawk989 is offline Find More Posts by Firehawk989
Old Today, 01:04 AM
Joined Apr 2013
1,656 Posts
Lol... I'll have to keep the missus away from it then

The nozzle needs to be a fair way out from the transom, otherwise the trim function wouldn't have much effect. Cast your mind back to the school room... it's all about fulcrums and levers

I made a trimmable nozzle for the tear into a coupla years back, but I made it with the nozzle in the standard position and even at full throttle, full nozzle deflection made no difference at all.

I'm uploading the vid now... and it works fantastically well The trim button for the 3rd channel is stuffed so in the vid all I can do is press the button to toggle between the settings I set up, which is roughly level and about 80% of maximum up trim. I'll get myself a new radio so I can make a better vid.

I made some manual adjustments on the radio to see what the effects are. Full down almost buries the nose and it bow steers like crazy, which is what you'd expect. Full up, and it lifts the nose so much the intake comes out of the water and it sucks air. Being able to trim it on the fly is awesome... I can't wait for the new radio so I don't have to fart around with menus to do it.

Vid soon
Last edited by ondabeach; Today at 01:23 AM.
Old Today, 02:30 AM
Joined Apr 2013
1,656 Posts
Enjoy

I pulled the tx apart and found the faulty switch is one I can buy just up the road So I did... fix tomorrow and some more vid

KMB TRIM NOZZLE (4 min 21 sec)