SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 30, 2012, 07:57 PM
IHW Heli Division
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
7,134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by V999D02 View Post
I bought it from a company over here in England, Buzzflyer.co.uk.

It cost me 905 with a 4A 6S Lipo with a Dx6i RX and Sat, all prebuilt.

It doesn't need any mod's, but the stock skids are not upto par. You can use Trex 500efl skids, Carbon fibre Gaui skids, or compass skids though.

I just sport fly at the moment, and have crashed a couple of times.

I know of nobody who has broken the frames, as they are a super strong design.

The spares are also dirt cheap, and come in packs of 2. The initial outlay for the ship is pretty expensive but this is a Bird for life, no joke.

You wont hear a bad word said about it by any owner. It's a keeper.
I love your little title there under your name. "WK Junk" lol.

Does the Stock ESC have governor mode?
IntegrityHndywrk is offline Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 30, 2012, 08:00 PM
Suspended Account
Mali, Tombouctou, Timbuktu
Joined Aug 2012
391 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityHndywrk View Post
Did you know they come with Microbeast V3 now? But it concerns me because of the V2 labeling on all of them. Also they rebrand the scorpion stuff now apparently. So the new ones don't have the scorpion stickers and things on them. I think they always rebrand the Hyperion servos too. I'm not sure. But i'm freaking jealous. I'll have to buy a full kit i think because availability is pretty bad on everything else. I still have not found a place that sells every part for the gaui and has more than %50 of them in stock at one time. Just the same. I've been researching them and they are looking to be one of the very best out there. I'm actually surprised that you would even say it's better build quality than a logo. My next thing to look into is maybe a Compass or something like that. I'm pretty sure i'm going X5, and maybe even the X2. I have no real desire to go that huge. I'm not sure bigger is always better too. I need more space to fly a 700 i think. At least where i'm not 1000 feet from a real scale airport. The FAA has a restriction of 150-200ft for RC models here. So i'm not able to fly very high and the places i fly may not be that safe. Sure, i'll be AMA registered with an X5 or X7. So i can probably start using the local RC field. But i still will have the 200 ft ceiling. The 200 has been my favorite size now for a while. But that could just be because of my bad luck with the 450.

ZOMG, LOOK EVERYONE!!! Spektrum TX has the neck strap in the right spot!!
Hi integrity,

People over on HF have been in touch with Gaui and their distributors about current parts availability; As the new Gaui nx4 (Nitro job) has been released, parts production for the X5 has slowed down.

All Gaui distributors are due to receive new X5 shipments soon though.

I even called my distributor here in the UK (Fast lad performance), and He is due a large shipment in 3 Weeks.

Apparently, Gaui is only a small business that operates from a tiny building, or so I've heard. I can only presume they can't keep up with demand.

I contacted Gaui before buying my X5, and they assured me that this will be in production for a long, long time. Quite the opposite to Walkera's dirty churning out and obsoleting models business etiquette thank God.

PS- My X5 was the older version with 500mm blades with uBeastX V2.
I'm still running V2 as it flies flawless and smooth as anything, I've also fitted the latest V3 Gaui 520mm blades.
People say I can and should update my BeastX to V3, but I'm of the opinion "if it aint broke don't fix it".
V999D02 is offline Find More Posts by V999D02
Last edited by V999D02; Sep 30, 2012 at 08:15 PM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Sep 30, 2012, 08:20 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Aug 2012
391 Posts
Quote:
I love your little title there under your name. "WK Junk" lol.

Does the Stock ESC have governor mode?
Yeah, I just had a brief look at my ESC documentation and it apparently does have a governor mode.

I don't use it though.

Btw.. The stock 100A ESC is great.

I've done somewhere between 80-100 flights. I have had 2 crashes due to dumb thumbs and no electrical failures. I lost orientation and struggle with nose in. :-D

The canopy, frame and electrics have been great and stood up to the 2 heavy crashes just fine. As have the stock servos.

Just get one and thank me later. Lol.
Last edited by V999D02; Nov 22, 2012 at 07:02 AM.
Old Sep 30, 2012, 08:49 PM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
7,134 Posts
Quote:
Yeah, I just had a brief look at my ESC documentation and it apparently does have a governor mode.

I don't use it though.

Btw.. The stock 100A ESC is great.

I've done somewhere between 80-100 flights. I have had 2 crashes due to dumb thumbs and no electrical failures. I lost orientation and struggle with nose in. :-D

The canopy, frame and electrics have been great and stood up to the 2 heavy crashes just fine. As have the stock servos.

Just get one and thank me later. Lol.
I suppose why some would say an upgraded ESC could be used, is probably for data logging. Don't worry, i'm already thanking you. I had my mind set on a Goblin before your earlier posts here. I'm glad i looked at other options first. I'm sure i will be happy with it. I have nothing but my V120s to fly. Been in the sim the most ever lately. Going to have to post one of those videos soon. Been waiting to record a really good one though

It's funny, The ESC documentation looks just like the hobbywing docs. Or at least it programs and works the same way. I suppose it's kind of universal for ESC programming though?
Old Sep 30, 2012, 10:34 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Aug 2012
391 Posts
Quote:
I suppose why some would say an upgraded ESC could be used, is probably for data logging. Don't worry, i'm already thanking you. I had my mind set on a Goblin before your earlier posts here. I'm glad i looked at other options first. I'm sure i will be happy with it. I have nothing but my V120s to fly. Been in the sim the most ever lately. Going to have to post one of those videos soon. Been waiting to record a really good one though

It's funny, The ESC documentation looks just like the hobbywing docs. Or at least it programs and works the same way. I suppose it's kind of universal for ESC programming though?
I'm led to believe that the stock ESC is made by HW, although I could be wrong.
It does look like the HW Platinum, or pentium or whatever it's called.
The Gaui servos are definitely Hyperions, and the Gaui motors are the Scorpion 4020-910Kv.

They all work very well and I plan on sticking with them for the foreseeable future.

This thing is a power-house, it really is.
Old Sep 30, 2012, 11:33 PM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
7,134 Posts
Quote:
I'm led to believe that the stock ESC is made by HW, although I could be wrong.
It does look like the HW Platinum, or pentium or whatever it's called.
The Gaui servos are definitely Hyperions, and the Gaui motors are the Scorpion 4020-910Kv.

They all work very well and I plan on sticking with them for the foreseeable future.

This thing is a power-house, it really is.
I'm working on it. I have zero money right now to go and get one. Walkera has tapped me pretty good. For right now.... After fixing the defective tail drive gear on my new V450d01 i built from parts, the belt was sheered so i have to replace it too. Once that arrives i will be listing both my v450s for sale. See what happens. Selling my 4f200 and probably my V120d05 too. Which, ironically i want more money for than my 4f200.... Stupid upgrade parts. That D05 actually cost me over $500 to get into shape to fly like it does.

As long as the X5 can hold up to what i'm doing on my D02S at the least. Though i'm sure it will perform as well as my simulated T-rex 550:
Virtual Practce for my eventual X5 (2 min 56 sec)
Old Oct 01, 2012, 05:21 AM
United States, GA
Joined Dec 2011
130 Posts
I want to thank you guys (especially I-hwrk). When looking for a 450 I came here since I had the MiniCP, V120D02s and V200D03 with Devo6.

Reading over this thread kept me from buying the V450 (thank goodness). I ended up getting the Mini Protos from Heli Pro Shop with their 10% discount ($355). Put Emax servos on cyclic and tail ($50). Bought a used RX2702V-D ($75). So for about $500 I got a great flying heli for light 3D (which is all I will really be able to do). Parts are very reasonable as well with several US vendors with good availability. I have since picked up a used Mini Protos with Align servos and am deciding what gyro to put in it. Against my better judgement I am flying it now with the RX2618V-D from my V200 and flies pretty good but has a little cyclic shake when coming out of rolls etc.

Here is what I wrote a while back about Walkeras response to servo failure on the Mini CP:

A potential conversation from Lucy's reply (keep in mind when I emailed WOW about a problem with my MCP they told me warranty is 24 hours!!!):

Quote:
Me: "I would like to get 3 new servo's to replace my "purchase time very early" MCP."
LHS, Online vendor, etc referred to as "Them": "What?"
Me: Repeat request.
Them: " We don't know what you are talking about."
Me: "Lucy said we could get them replaced."
Them: "Charlie Browns girlfriend?"
Me: "Lucy from Walkera."
Them: "You really think there are people in China named Lucy?"
Me: ???
Them: "How old is your MCP?"
Me: "3 weeks."
Them: Laughter.
Me: ???
Them: "They are out of stock right now, but we'll check into it and get back to you right away. Keep in mind you are in a different time zone so it may take 6-8 weeks to get a response."

6-8 weeks later:
Me: "I talked to you about replacing my "purchase very early" MCP servos a while back."
Them: "What?"
Me: Sigh...

Moto
And this on the replacement gears for same servos:

Quote:
Here is my take on decoding the Walkera message:

Since we supplied some vendors with replacement gears we have already seen an alarming drop in servo sales which is a huge cash cow for us. So we won't be doing that again.
But maybe we can pacify you with some crazy talk about wires and silicone as the mechanical part is perfect...for us.

Moto
Sorry to ramble on, I have a couple cups of coffee in the morning .

Moto

And this made me laugh:
Quote:
And they will say "really grand dad, did it make you sad?" And I will say "sometimes, but I knew this one guy...."
MX48 is offline Find More Posts by MX48
Old Oct 01, 2012, 10:02 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Aug 2012
391 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MX48 View Post
I want to thank you guys (especially I-hwrk). When looking for a 450 I came here since I had the MiniCP, V120D02s and V200D03 with Devo6.

Reading over this thread kept me from buying the V450 (thank goodness). I ended up getting the Mini Protos from Heli Pro Shop with their 10% discount ($355). Put Emax servos on cyclic and tail ($50). Bought a used RX2702V-D ($75). So for about $500 I got a great flying heli for light 3D (which is all I will really be able to do). Parts are very reasonable as well with several US vendors with good availability. I have since picked up a used Mini Protos with Align servos and am deciding what gyro to put in it. Against my better judgement I am flying it now with the RX2618V-D from my V200 and flies pretty good but has a little cyclic shake when coming out of rolls etc.

Here is what I wrote a while back about Walkeras response to servo failure on the Mini CP:

A potential conversation from Lucy's reply (keep in mind when I emailed WOW about a problem with my MCP they told me warranty is 24 hours!!!):

Moto

And this made me laugh:
I like this thread, as it seems to harbour people who don't mind sharing, hearing, or airing rightful and well deserved constructive criticism of Walkera.

Don't get me wrong, owning and starting off with Walkera has taught me loads. They are most definitely a tinkerers piece I think.

I have had to scrutinise and rebuild most of them for various reasons.

Over on the micro-heli forum, people don't seem to like hearing any criticism and often get on their high Horse. Why, I don't know?

If Walkera didn't release new models every 24 hours, didn't leave it to Joe public to do their beta testing, stop parts production within a few Months of release, and didn't use Cheese like metals and plastics, they would be OK.

I can't see them changing an habit of a lifetime so I chose to give my hard earned to a company who deserve it.

Sorry about the long winded rant, but the company really annoys me and is one reason many beginners nearly give up (myself and 2 Friends included) or completely throw the towel in.
Old Oct 01, 2012, 10:18 AM
NYC
Joined Aug 2010
2,225 Posts
Quote:
Okay people. I finally got around to starting the V450 build from parts. It's almost done, so i started uploading pictures and working on the actual build log. Hopefully this helps someone with visual representations, at the very least. I'm sure someone out there will benefit from it, hopefully.

Custom V450 - Parts Build & Mods
Just want to thank u. Your posting help in me in deciding to keep my V450d01 and rebuilt my v450d01 tail correctly. It hover and fly nice yesterday.
Torch8 is offline Find More Posts by Torch8
Old Oct 01, 2012, 01:06 PM
They call me plan B
United States, GA, Covington
Joined Mar 2011
2,282 Posts
I think we will turn this into a everything else but walkera forum ,lol ....my nano is on the way, we will see how the eflight company is.
I still love my trex 600 , and there is plenty of parts when it does crash. So dont forget about align! You could get a align kit with no electrics, put u a beast x like others do.
Heli Biggie is offline Find More Posts by Heli Biggie
Old Oct 01, 2012, 02:44 PM
Genius CP, V450D01, CB180Z
Canada, BC, Nelson
Joined Apr 2012
208 Posts
Great Job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch8 View Post
Just want to thank u. Your posting help in me in deciding to keep my V450d01 and rebuilt my v450d01 tail correctly. It hover and fly nice yesterday.
I love to jab and poke (just for fun) but I really have to thank you for documenting all of this so well. I learned to fix most of mine the hard way, but for guys that are new to this, what you have posted should eliminate almost all of the questions.

I have had more than my share of Walkera problems, but I guess I wasn't expecting too much. I think of them as learning machines only and as soon as I quit crashing (often) I will be stepping up to a real machine. I think going out for a fancy dinner puts things in perspective. Any nice 5 star ends up being over $200 for 2 people + a tip! I think my Walkera helis offer better value than that. I wish the wife saw it the same way!

And, if I could fly 3D as well as you guys do, I'd have one of those Goblin 700s sitting on the flight deck right now! I was going to post my inverted CP video (which I was very proud of) until I saw you guys flying!! Like I'd tell the wife.... its only $2K and think how happy I'll be!!! Then if I caught any flack, I'd quickly tell her how badly we deserve a short holiday in Maui. She'd get her holiday, I'd have a tan and a big green beast!

I think Walkera owes you more than a hat! Thumbs up to you IntegrityHndywrk!
bradheli1 is offline Find More Posts by bradheli1
Last edited by bradheli1; Oct 01, 2012 at 02:52 PM.
Old Oct 01, 2012, 07:07 PM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
7,134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MX48 View Post

Moto

And this made me laugh:
Yeah, that made me laugh too! pretty good one. I'm glad you got a protos. Those are supposed to be nice. Looks like you saved some much deserved, and hard earned money too. I'm glad you are enjoying it too. I would feel bad if you went and ended up buying an even more problematic heli (not likely to be possible)

Believe me, i have no intention of hurting Walkera's business. I just want them to take notice of honest issues that are not expensive for THEM to fix but end up costing US more than the helicopter was worth in the first place. Honestly if the cost of fixing serious issues, that are of a HIGH SAFETY concern, is that expensive or that much of a pain. Maybe they shouldn't keep re-releasing the same helicopters with a "new" stamped on the canopy, right? All i know is that if there were any safety and regulatory commishion on RC helicopters. The V450 would be forced off the shelfs due to safety concerns. At least if i had anything to do with it.

Once they at least address the servo shorting issue, i would think that alone would constitute a 40% bump in the reliability and quality of the helicopter. Making it at least 75% safer to fly. If they would properly lead the ESC's throttle cable out of the device's shrink wrap without draping it over components that get hot enough to melt the silicone wire, or just run the wire out the side of the PCB like everyone else does on their ESC, so it does not have to go from the middle of the PCB and lay on top of everything to get to the edge. That also would also decrease safety concerns by an additional 25%. The fact is the way they designed their ESC. If you tie wrap it too tight, it's likely to short out. Most of my issues with the stock ESC did stem from using the Turbo Ace 804 motor though, i'm fairly certain. Since others reported burning ESCs with that motor also.

As far as vendor replacement of ANYTHING. The best i have accomplished was getting Wow to give me a refund on some D02 tail gears. They were not D02S gears.. They took them back even though i opened one. I thought that was pretty good of them. I couldn't expect too much more, having some retail background. I know that dealing with returns and things though a company like Walkera can be a nightmare too. So i try not to come down on the Vendors too harshly. I would have been angry if they wouldn't do a simple exchange for me though. Over all they have worked with me to an extent and i feel like they do try their best. Same with Helidirect. But sometimes, it all boils down to what the manufacturer will allow your distributor to do. Walkera ties everyones hands from the distributor down. If a distributor/vendor is giving you exceptional service on Walkera, i can almost promise, it's at cost to them. So thank them profusely.

Quote:
I like this thread, as it seems to harbour people who don't mind sharing, hearing, or airing rightful and well deserved constructive criticism of Walkera.

Don't get me wrong, owning and starting off with Walkera has taught me loads. They are most definitely a tinkerers piece I think.

I have had to scrutinise and rebuild most of them for various reasons.

Over on the micro-heli forum, people don't seem to like hearing any criticism and often get on their high Horse. Why, I don't know?

If Walkera didn't release new models every 24 hours, didn't leave it to Joe public to do their beta testing, stop parts production within a few Months of release, and didn't use Cheese like metals and plastics, they would be OK.

I can't see them changing an habit of a lifetime so I chose to give my hard earned to a company who deserve it.

Sorry about the long winded rant, but the company really annoys me and is one reason many beginners nearly give up (myself and 2 Friends included) or completely throw the towel in.
Hey, yeah man. I used to be one of those people When i got my V450 and compared it to my friends align 450. It looked like they were nearly twins, minus the CF frames. Cover that and the mechanicals were all the same. Basically a Align clone with it's own frame. I went to a hobby shop and that guy talked sooo much trash about walkera. He even made the comment "yeah before you know it you have a whole heli in your box, just in spare parts, waiting for the next time" I was livid! But you know what, that was before i knew better. So i understand why the guys in the micro heli threads get that way. They are after all, mostly just starting out i suppose. So i can relate to their passionate feelings about these criticisms after making such an investment. Now here i am with two v450s because i had accumulated so many spare parts, i decided i might as well just build another one. To be honest, i am a tinkerer at heart. I actually almost enjoy working on them more than flying. But i never expected this much work to be needed. All the other Walkera heli's i took upon myself. I was able to fix them and get them flying to acceptable standards. All but the v450. It's honestly broken me. I can no longer be bothered to tinker. I just want it to fly now. I can tinker when i buy a new heli or crash the current one. I don't want to spend all my time fixing Walkera's flubs anymore. Maybe when i get the bug to tinker again, i'll buy another Walkera and produce another build log with modifications and everything.
Old Oct 01, 2012, 07:34 PM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
7,134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch8 View Post
Glad i could help. It's a good thing when you are unsure of something to have a reference to go by. Don't forget. If you have any questions you can always ask here too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Biggie View Post
I think we will turn this into a everything else but walkera forum ,lol ....my nano is on the way, we will see how the eflight company is.
I still love my trex 600 , and there is plenty of parts when it does crash. So dont forget about align! You could get a align kit with no electrics, put u a beast x like others do.
I think your going to love the nano for indoor flying. I wouldn't expect too much from it in the wind. It's light as hell! Probably the lightest heli in it's size class. Plus like i said. It's got a tail drive motor. So if you get into fast reverse flight or a strong wind up your tail. The tail may not hold well. But thats just because the tail is not CP. All direct drive tails are like this. I'm sure you will enjoy it.

I have not counted Align out. I still like them and trust their machine. I just am not fond of their, or any 450 i can find right now for that matter. The X4 looks pretty good but for the cost. I'll just go X5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradheli1 View Post
I love to jab and poke (just for fun) but I really have to thank you for documenting all of this so well. I learned to fix most of mine the hard way, but for guys that are new to this, what you have posted should eliminate almost all of the questions.

I have had more than my share of Walkera problems, but I guess I wasn't expecting too much. I think of them as learning machines only and as soon as I quit crashing (often) I will be stepping up to a real machine. I think going out for a fancy dinner puts things in perspective. Any nice 5 star ends up being over $200 for 2 people + a tip! I think my Walkera helis offer better value than that. I wish the wife saw it the same way!

And, if I could fly 3D as well as you guys do, I'd have one of those Goblin 700s sitting on the flight deck right now! I was going to post my inverted CP video (which I was very proud of) until I saw you guys flying!! Like I'd tell the wife.... its only $2K and think how happy I'll be!!! Then if I caught any flack, I'd quickly tell her how badly we deserve a short holiday in Maui. She'd get her holiday, I'd have a tan and a big green beast!

I think Walkera owes you more than a hat! Thumbs up to you IntegrityHndywrk!
Thank you all for the nice words of thanks. For me it's more about liberating others from stress and grief of not knowing. I for one feel much better about actually flying a helicopter after i have crashed it a few times! LOL. Thats right. I'm not so timid and scared to crash after I've nose dived it into the ground already. Because some of the stress is the uncertainty of "what if i can't fix it" Or whatever. when i first got the V450, i honestly was going to strip it down and rebuild it right away. Just so i could bypass this effect. But i didn't. Don't think it would have helped any either. I can tell you this much. I didn't do it to help Walkera It's all for you guys! Even though i feel like a Martyr sometimes. It does feel good to get some appreciation for it.

You know what. Maybe i am too harsh on Walkera. I probably wouldn't have been so angry over the V450 if it wasn't the 3rd highly problematic helicopter i had bought from Walkera in a 6 month period. I expected it to maybe not perform 3d like other 450s or perhaps have occasional failure. But what i ended up with was probably an experience that would have chased anyone else away from RC hobbies for life.

Oh, and POST THAT VIDEO. Don't worry about how others fly. When people post here, i watch every video. We all started somewhere, no matter how good anyone is at something. They probably didn't always do it that well. I record most of my flights for my own benefit. So i can review them for prosperity. I have learned a lot from watching what i do in the air. It's a little different when your watching and not using the sticks. You can decipher the orientation and remember how the sticks felt. Then when you crash you can review why and what you did wrong. It's a valuable learning tool.

The only reason i don't want a Goblin anymore, just FYI. They have a tail boom clearance issue. If you don't set it up properly. The blades are likely to hit the boom and cause the whole helicopter to explode. I had posted a video in this thread pages and pages ago. So, no matter how much you pay. No matter how quality the heli. There can still be issues. But IMO, walkera lets theirs pile up before they do anything about them. Where as i would expect SAB to release a fix within a few months. I believe they didn't need to release a fix. But rather just inform people of the issue and proper setup. But Goblin being a new heli brand. They are involved in trying to release more than one size helicopter all in one year. They actually released the goblin 700 at the end of last year i think. But they released the 630 and the 5?? will be released shortly. So i think they are just moving a little fast. I'm waiting at least a year before sinking my teeth into that. Let them work the kinks out first. The Gaui X5 has been out for over a year already. WOW. It's hard to believe. I remember seeing the "it's coming" adds.
Old Oct 01, 2012, 08:31 PM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
7,134 Posts
Just looking around. It seems my V450d01 canopy woes will be over when i do finally get an X5. Not only do all of the stock canopies look great. There are bunches of 3rd party ones too. Man, am i glad i never shelled out $50 for that Fusuno canopy for the v450. I would have just shattered it by now, i'm sure.

http://helidirect.com/gaui-x5-c-1_42..._2017_1669.hdx

Man, i'm so broke. But i know that the laws of this universe, particularly the law of attraction. Will have an X5 in my possession before i know it. But it's killing me not being able to fly right now, basically at all. I have my 2 v120s, but... Well, they are getting me by for now, i suppose. All the rest are up for sale or will be soon. I guess i'll just have to see what happens when i stick them on ebay. seems cruel. But, Otherwise, i might have to have biggie drive down to fly my v450 so i can do some "testing" with my Smith & Wesson.

I can see it now. I will grow impatient and start flying the newly built v450 with new RX, motor and esc. You know, "Maybe this one will be better".

@Helibiggie Hey man, check this out. I looked up that DX4e Tx thing. It is a DSMX 4ch. controller. So it looks like the bigger ones will fly the heli too. It's INCREDIBLE that you get a stand alone TX with the helicopter for so cheap. Especially when you compare it to the cost of a BNF heli. They sell the Tx for hardly anything. IMO, just another reason for me to hate on Walkera. But really?!?!? I don't have to buy a $150-$400 TX just to fly a tiny toy helicopter?! Freaking genius who ever came up with that idea. They will out sell Walkera's mini CP or anything with the Nano any day, all day because of that alone. Who wants to put that extra wear and tear on a expensive TX to fly a toy indoors? Not me! I've already had to realign my 2801-pro's gimbals and basically resolder and bend the pots around inside on the gimbals to recalibrate the TX so that all the dots in the monitor go to dead center when i center my sticks. On top of that, i've also had to replace the TH switch and it's already wearing out again. Now my aileron DR/expo switch has gone bad and needs to be replaced. So i can't even switch into "landing stabilization mode" or whatever you want to call it, with the expo up at like 80%. Just for a real soft flight and slow corrections. So i can't see having to do all this kind of repair work when you pay so much more for a Spektrum. Having a second "tosser" Tx would suit my needs well.
Last edited by IntegrityHndywrk; Oct 01, 2012 at 09:15 PM.
Old Oct 02, 2012, 12:17 AM
Genius CP, V450D01, CB180Z
Canada, BC, Nelson
Joined Apr 2012
208 Posts
Where to buy an X5??

Even though I have lots to learn, I thought I might just go ahead and get my Gaui X5FBL, but I still haven't found anyone that seems to have stock, or a good selection of parts that I can count on to support this bird. I'm extra worried as I live in Canada and even longer shipping to my place.

So isn't it risky to step into an X5 with this limited support in North America? At least I can buy my walkera parts from many suppliers and at really good prices.

Also, I'm dreading the thought of having to get familiar with another TX. Finally, I know my 2801 like the back of my hand. If it ever gets too worn out, they are cheap to replace. Is it too silly to use the 2801 with my new X5? I have really enjoyed flying all my walkeras from the same remote. Shouldn't I be stepping up better quality stuff like Futaba or something or would anyone consider using their 2801Pro?

It seems so boring to buy an Align but its probably really sensible from what I read. Parts availability, QC and prices are fantastic, all sizes available... but they just don't get me all excited like an X5 (or a 500 goblin when they get those out and perfected!)

Any advice before I get trigger finger and order a bird?
bradheli1 is offline Find More Posts by bradheli1