HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 27, 2011, 11:47 PM
Earth's Mightiest Hero, KC9TBO
United States, IL, Lemont
Joined Apr 2010
296 Posts
Discussion
Downstate Illinois FPV Action

I'm in town (Pekin) looking to fly Saturday morning on the East side. Have Easy Star and 900MHz diversity/tracker ready to go. Not sure if there's any interest out here, but it's easier than downtown Chicago! Anyone FPV out here?
Zahnarzt is offline Find More Posts by Zahnarzt
to remove ads between posts
Old May 29, 2011, 04:13 AM
Near Saint Louis MO. (IL Side)
Joined Aug 2009
534 Posts
not quite down state enough for me parter lol
jsullivan05 is offline Find More Posts by jsullivan05
Old May 29, 2011, 08:14 AM
Joined Apr 2010
296 Posts
Made it up yesterday afternoon. No real spectacular video or anything--just around the subdivision.
Old May 30, 2011, 11:10 PM
Out of the way, Peck!
United States, AR, Arkadelphia
Joined Mar 2010
154 Posts
I'm actually IN Pekin...lol.
Oddmar is offline Find More Posts by Oddmar
Old May 31, 2011, 08:09 AM
Joined Apr 2010
296 Posts
That's where I was!
Downstate FPV Action, Unedited (11 min 28 sec)
Old May 31, 2011, 09:52 AM
Out of the way, Peck!
United States, AR, Arkadelphia
Joined Mar 2010
154 Posts
I can only assume you were over the new subdivision built by Eddie Rice north of Broadway, east of Parkway, south of McNaugton Park...i haven't driven through that yet so i don't recognise the streets.

The horizon/ sky was so fuzzy i couldn't make out any details, such as Powerton electrical plant or Aventine ethanol plant (should be to the SW). Even closer to where i think you were flying from would be the UAW highrise SSW.

I bought the Aiptek MPVR+CB camcorder for my groundstation recorder, as it prevents my 7" LCD from going to bluescreen. I am outdoors in the woods alot, and although everyone said i would lose orientation because everything looks different from the air, i don't...probably because i can visualize things in 3D in my head before i draw them.

What are the specs on your plane? Type, motor, esc, RC frequency, Vid freq, etc?

Do you live in Shy-town and were just in Pekin visiting?

KC9PZN
Oddmar is offline Find More Posts by Oddmar
Old May 31, 2011, 10:09 AM
Joined Apr 2010
296 Posts
I live in Chicago and was visiting family for the long weekend. I think you have the right area. I was in the subdivision slightly east/north of Parkview Golf Course on the north side of Broadway. I grew up right around there around the Moose Lodge.

Current plane is an EasyStar with big rudder mod, brushless Turnigy motor and 30A ESC; DX7 @ 2.4GHz on the ground with an AR7000 in the plane. 500mW 910MHz Tx in the plane connected to a DX201 camera; Eagle Tree Systems OSD Pro + eLogger V3. Ground has a 900MHz patch and dipole omni on an Eagle Eyes antenna tracker. I use HeadPlay goggles with redundant LiPo power and probably the same Aiptek camcorder/DVR you use. Not sure of the model number.

The tracker isn't moving the servos right. Haven't figured it out why yet. I did knock the thing off a table some time ago and haven't used it since. Haven't used the tracker function at all, really. Don't have much time to mess with it. I do have a few more servos to test out in case the other(s) is/are damaged.

Nice to get up in the air! It's so windy up north!
Old Yesterday, 11:19 PM
United States, IL, Mendota
Joined Mar 2015
6 Posts
hey man. I live in Mendota I would love to find a few guys to fpv with. I fly alone 815 503 3364
ZacharyAldenhoff is offline Find More Posts by ZacharyAldenhoff