HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 02, 2014, 12:08 PM
Canada, ON, Orangeville
Joined Mar 2006
323 Posts
Cory
I have some more pictures of pylon at the 87 Nats. Will load them when I get from FL.
k.fluney is offline Find More Posts by k.fluney
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 02, 2014, 01:27 PM
Racing Enthusiast AMA 3557
United States, MO, Sedalia
Joined Sep 2011
645 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jheadley View Post
I have Lyle's tapes, quite entertaining and educational, promised not to copy. I expect you can still get from him, not expensive.
How do I get ahold of him?
JetMech2002 is offline Find More Posts by JetMech2002
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 02, 2014, 01:50 PM
United States, KS, Overland Park
Joined Jun 2007
392 Posts
try here..

http://www.calspeedpros.com/
fizzwater2 is online now Find More Posts by fizzwater2
Old Feb 03, 2014, 08:10 AM
Canada, ON, Paris
Joined Mar 2007
159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by k.fluney View Post
Cory
I have some more pictures of pylon at the 87 Nats. Will load them when I get from FL.
That would be great Ken!... I was hoping some the guys on here would recognize the USA names and maybe some are still active. (last post pg15)... and maybe the where abouts of some of our old UPRC buddies.... that yellow toni (dave ford) became my first F1 a few years later.... And lost in a mid air with Ernie Nikodem (FAI) in Niagra.
cpaine is offline Find More Posts by cpaine
Old Feb 03, 2014, 10:33 AM
United States, Mt, Billings
Joined Feb 2012
136 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzwater2 View Post
FYI, I sent an email to Lyle, to the email above, when I asked if he had the F1 construction videos for sale. He responded "I do not", either I asked the wrong question, asked him the wrong way, at any case? I was unable to purchase.

Ed 23G
Edalves68 is offline Find More Posts by Edalves68
Old Mar 13, 2014, 06:57 PM
Joined Jun 2006
7 Posts
I went to the Phoenix Q40 race this year and had the honor of going out to dinner with about 150 yrs of pylon racing experiences seated at our table. Seated around the table were Richard Verano, Dan Kane, Travis Flynn, Mike and Gino Delponte, Gary Schmidt, and 2 others I cant remember the names of.

Heard lots of stories going way back. It was a blessed evening for me.
Race101
STILETTO is offline Find More Posts by STILETTO
Old Mar 13, 2014, 07:44 PM
Tampa,Fl
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined Jan 2007
1,383 Posts
I can understand where you come from. In the past year, going to 7 Races. Hanging around the Best in the World when it comes to Racing and Superior Knowledge of Glow Engines. I have learned a hell of a lot. I crack up when the Local Flying field Guy tries to diagnose a Engine problem.
Dale 813 is online now Find More Posts by Dale 813
Old Apr 05, 2014, 08:42 PM
Joined Jan 2012
46 Posts
Stafford Minnow(all wood)

Some of you may have seen this plane on Dave English's F1 build log that he is doing on a Prather Toni. I just flew her maiden flight today,and it really flew straight and faster than I suspected. This plane has a very special meaning to me, i have owned it over 32 years! My Dad started it, and unfortunately passed away before he completed it. I can't thank Mike Helsel enough for taking on this project! Mike is a great guy! He did a beautiful job restoring, painting and installing the Jett.56LX with a Nelson style head along with an SS carb that Dub tuned, I had it in my pit at the Mulberry race and it was fun seeing the original racers share some memories back from the day. I loved it when Jim Katz saw it from about 30 ft away and said" Look at that, a Stafford Minnow I built a bunch of those". I know I am coming into racing a couple of generations behind, but i have to thank everyone for all the help and support! I feel privileged to be able to see the legends fly! Thanks to everyone for keeping this great sport alive!
speedfreak1 is online now Find More Posts by speedfreak1
Last edited by speedfreak1; Apr 06, 2014 at 01:09 AM.