New Products Flash Sale
Old May 17, 2015, 03:20 PM
Find More Posts by barg
manteca ca
Joined Oct 2009
12 Posts
Discussion
New to Rc Boats, Need Help!!! With The Joysway Surge Crusher.

First off I would like to say Hello to all at rc Groups and that I have been in to rc, mostly planes, for about 6 years now and was into cars a little when I was younger and am now getting into boats and have recently bought the joysway surge crusher and was wondering if someone would be kind enough to help me with taking the flex shaft out I noticed that from looking at my brothers boats it is realy different in the sense that the flex shaft motor coupler only has one set screw and it is to tighten against the motor shaft and I cannot find out for the life of me what is holding this shaft inside the motor couple.It will not come out but also I cannot see anything that can be holding it . I noticed underneath where the pivot tube is, it is held on by what looks to be heat shrink that is shrank against the flex shaft mount that is mounted to the back of the boat but the flex shaft it self should not be connected to the pivot tube I know because it turns inside of it. anyway if someone could help it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance. Brian.
barg is offline Find More Posts by barg
to remove ads between posts
Old May 17, 2015, 09:21 PM
Find More Posts by hangtheman
Kid at heart..
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Apr 2014
511 Posts
The drive shaft has to be pushed out toward the motor not pulled out.
There is a collet, but it has a hex to screw it to the motor shaft, but the metal drive shaft has a square end and it freefloats inside the collet.
hangtheman is offline Find More Posts by hangtheman