New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 26, 2015, 07:28 PM
Find More Posts by FeildFlyer
United States, PA, Palmerton
Joined Apr 2013
48 Posts
Cool
Great day of flying

Well I must say today was one of the best days of flying My buddy Rabshell and I had this year yet. We started out doing aero tows with his carbon cub with an aftermarket motor on it, bigger than stock. He pulled my 2 meter sophisticated lady up like it was a feather! Some good flights had with that one but the taker of the day was him pulling up my 3 meter bird of time to a slammer thermal. I released and banked back into it and took off up like a rocket. I was on the verge of specking it out till I banked out of it. I was almost ready to hit the spoilers and diving out of it,that's how strong it was. A farmer and his grandson stopped by so I thought what a great time to give the interested boy some stick time. He loved it! He listened very well and was gentle on the controls. Told his pappy he was going to save up and buy one! It was great, then the clouds overcame the sun shine and we got the heli s out and burned up some packs in those. The 450X and the 300X was tearing up the sky! Good times had by all, the boy had a blast and his pappy was very interested in the technology behind it all.
FeildFlyer is online now Find More Posts by FeildFlyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 26, 2015, 07:41 PM
Find More Posts by mikejr83
Scale Aircraft = Scale Crators
United States, FL, Gainesville
Joined Jul 2013
253 Posts
Great to hear your day was so nice! Rained here in the morning and then high winds the rest of the day.

I want to point out one thing and I am really glad you had this opportunity, being a great embasador to the hobby. I can't tell you the amount of times growing up or even when I was getting into the hobby as an adult that I had run ins with snooty and stuck up modelers. Thank you for taking time out from your flying to help further our pastime, especially in the heart and mind of someone who is young. Just think, that kid may end up getting into engineering or aerospace because of the stick time you gave him!
mikejr83 is offline Find More Posts by mikejr83
Old Apr 26, 2015, 07:54 PM
Find More Posts by FeildFlyer
United States, PA, Palmerton
Joined Apr 2013
48 Posts
It's always a pleasure, we fly in a local farmers feild and he always stops out to watch us with his grandkids aswell. We also get random vehicles of people and kids that stop and park to watch, we are always safe and keep them behind us and express the importance of safety
FeildFlyer is online now Find More Posts by FeildFlyer
Old Apr 26, 2015, 08:02 PM
Find More Posts by mikejr83
Scale Aircraft = Scale Crators
United States, FL, Gainesville
Joined Jul 2013
253 Posts
Our club field is also at a local farmer's field but we don't get too many visitors. I have had a dad his daughters stop by. They were more interested in their iPhone, but their dad was very interested. Had a great time talking with him.
mikejr83 is offline Find More Posts by mikejr83