Old Jul 08, 2012, 02:26 PM
Orange County, Ca.
Joined Jan 2009
128 Posts
Rant
Hobbyking "FREEBEES"

Below tell it all...

Good Day...

I am a little upset with your company today and with good reason I think. While shopping for a new airplane on your site this morning, I received the "FREEBEE" pop up stating todays "FREEBEE" was the P-40 ARF kit! Great I really wanted it. So I got to shopping and found the plane I wanted put in in the cart along with a couple of batteries which added up to 108.00 or so. As instructed on the pop-up I added one P-40 to the basket, great I was going to receive a great "FREEBEE", wrong, when I went to check out I received a message the parcel was to big to ship? What, why is this plane offered if it can't be shipped in the USA from the USA warehouse? Yet if I was going to pay for this plane I put it in the cart by itself I could buy it and it would ship no problem. If you know a "FREEBEE" is unacceptable to certin customers shouldn't you offer an alternate that at least he could receive? I was really disappointed when I was unable to receive this.

After doing my part, you Guy's didn't do your part. I am going to post this on RCGroups in case anyone else runs into the same problem.

John Stambuk
(HBPD, RCGroups)
HBPD is offline Find More Posts by HBPD
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 08, 2012, 02:54 PM
Fueled by Arabica Beans
United States, NY, Syracuse
Joined Oct 2008
3,826 Posts
Sounds like an error in the shipping calculator... I'd bet if you actually called up to talk to a human they could complete your order.
ChillPhatCat is offline Find More Posts by ChillPhatCat
Old Jul 08, 2012, 03:58 PM
In thrust we trust
Aguanga, Ca
Joined Mar 2010
1,227 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChillPhatCat View Post
Sounds like an error in the shipping calculator... I'd bet if you actually called up to talk to a human they could complete your order.
I doubt it, since they don't have any P-40s stocked in the states.
phoam is offline Find More Posts by phoam
Old Jul 08, 2012, 04:01 PM
Ireland, County Meath, Meath
Joined Oct 2008
86 Posts
Yea another guy was complaining tat it couldnt be shipped to Belgium but could go to Holland.
I suspect if the goods you ordered to make up the $100 order couldnt be put safely into the P40 box the postal system couldnt handle the combined cartons.
The freebies are usually a way of clearing slow moving lines to make space in different warehouses
The freebies are random offers sometimes they are from the US warehouse and only US or canucks can get them, sometimes they pop up when I have no money in the bank, its the luck of the draw
Seamus O'Leprosy is offline Find More Posts by Seamus O'Leprosy
Old Jul 08, 2012, 04:13 PM
Orange County, Ca.
Joined Jan 2009
128 Posts
Oh well, maybe next time???(If there is one)

HBPD
HBPD is offline Find More Posts by HBPD
Old Jul 09, 2012, 12:53 AM
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
Latvia / UK visits
Joined Jan 2010
8,266 Posts
I have this all the time on normal orders ... the postal system in Latvia restricts carton size, many models I put into basket - when you get to shipping page are Courier service only or not possible.

I think until you get to shipping page - HK are unable to know what can and cannot be shipped to you ... you may choose to enter a different destination. I can enter a pals address in UK and that would enable me to receive the same over-size goods .... pity I know - but what to do ?

Nigel
solentlife is online now Find More Posts by solentlife
Old Jul 09, 2012, 06:33 AM
fmw
Joined Jul 2009
1,955 Posts
Ah yes. Give me the lowest possible price and the best possible customer service. That's where we seem to be. Very little understanding about business, I'm afraid.
fmw is offline Find More Posts by fmw