HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Sep 19, 2012, 12:22 PM
You down with EPP?
johnnyrocco123's Avatar
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,658 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkagan View Post
I added the link to the original post above yours.
Thanks
johnnyrocco123 is offline Find More Posts by johnnyrocco123
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 20, 2012, 08:10 PM
Registered User
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
6,875 Posts
Hi guys. New to the thread. Read lots of great things about the 300x, especially the Beast X controller. I'm visiting in-laws in Oregon and found a hobby shop selling the 300x for $320! This seems like a great price with no shipping and no sales tax. What do you guys think? Can I afford to pass it up? Can you convince my wife? Unfortunately she went clothes shopping today and only spent $186. Bah!
erkq is offline Find More Posts by erkq
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2012, 08:22 PM
You down with EPP?
johnnyrocco123's Avatar
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,658 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
Hi guys. New to the thread. Read lots of great things about the 300x, especially the Beast X controller. I'm visiting in-laws in Oregon and found a hobby shop selling the 300x for $320! This seems like a great price with no shipping and no sales tax. What do you guys think? Can I afford to pass it up? Can you convince my wife? Unfortunately she went clothes shopping today and only spent $186. Bah!
$350 is the cheapest I have seen it for. Most places sell it for $379

You can also find the 450x for $400
johnnyrocco123 is offline Find More Posts by johnnyrocco123
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2012, 09:01 PM
RC keeps me sane
microDan's Avatar
United States, NJ, Carlstadt
Joined Sep 2005
1,284 Posts
erkq,
Great price, jump on it if you intend to get a 300X. This is just an awesome stable very capable heli.
microDan is offline Find More Posts by microDan
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2012, 09:34 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
turboparker's Avatar
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,444 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
Hi guys. New to the thread. Read lots of great things about the 300x, especially the Beast X controller. I'm visiting in-laws in Oregon and found a hobby shop selling the 300x for $320! This seems like a great price with no shipping and no sales tax. What do you guys think? Can I afford to pass it up? Can you convince my wife? Unfortunately she went clothes shopping today and only spent $186. Bah!
Erkq,

Nice to see you in here! I say go for it. I love my 300X. Nice & stable, yet powerful & very responsive.

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 21, 2012, 10:03 AM
Registered User
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
6,875 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrocco123 View Post
$350 is the cheapest I have seen it for. Most places sell it for $379

You can also find the 450x for $400
Quote:
Originally Posted by microDan View Post
erkq,
Great price, jump on it if you intend to get a 300X. This is just an awesome stable very capable heli.
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
Erkq,

Nice to see you in here! I say go for it. I love my 300X. Nice & stable, yet powerful & very responsive.

Joel
Thanks, guys. I think I'll be a proud 300X owner tomorrow. And thanks for the welcome, Joel. I've been pretty silent on the 130X thread because I'm one of the lucky ones. It just flies and flies without even start-up vibration. I've done no mods. I found all I could contribute was, "well, mine flew perfectly out of the box and keeps doing it." After a while that just sounds like gloating and doesn't contribute anything.
erkq is offline Find More Posts by erkq
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2012, 04:07 PM
You haz hurricane?
Coot83's Avatar
United States, VA, Portsmouth
Joined Jun 2012
1,235 Posts
Good Flight!

Just had my third time out with my blade 300x and finally had enough batteries to do some figure eights and basic scale flying. I know many complain that this heli is loud, but man it was a joy to fly today. I havnt had a chance to read the whole thread, but anyone got any good hop ups for this yet? I got the carbon fiber tail fins on mine and am debating getting the Carbon Fiber blades.

Coot
Coot83 is online now Find More Posts by Coot83
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2012, 04:23 PM
Rocket Programmer
jasmine2501's Avatar
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,335 Posts
LOL... that's just the way a Blade sounds! If they didn't sound like that, we would probably find a way to make it sound that way. It's the Harley of helicopters... <duck and run>
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2012, 09:58 PM
Registered User
BuzzBomber's Avatar
Newton, NJ
Joined May 2003
1,884 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine2501 View Post
LOL... that's just the way a Blade sounds! If they didn't sound like that, we would probably find a way to make it sound that way. It's the Harley of helicopters... <duck and run>
Ah, that explains the puddle of oil I found on the shelf under my 300X...
BuzzBomber is offline Find More Posts by BuzzBomber
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2012, 06:35 PM
Flying addicted and lovin it!
Fish99's Avatar
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Jun 2010
2,606 Posts
You're not kidding about stable folks ...

This heli sure is stable. I can't believe how predictable it flys. I have zero expo set up on my DX8 but am just floored with how well it flies. Got the nerve up on the 3rd or 4rth flight to do a flip. I am up to about 6 or 7 flights now and the last one I was doing backwards flips with a slight hesitation in inverted hover and can't tell you how impressive it is. The mCPX would have blown the tail out a dozen times by now. (Thus the reason I was so hesitant to try a flip, as about 1 in 4 or 5 on my mCPX ends with a blown tail and me hitting the kill switch and watching it fall to the grass.)

Got me thinking it's time to get another flight in. Waiting for new lipos to arrive so I have more than just the one flight battery ... it's killing me.

Marlin
Fish99 is offline Find More Posts by Fish99
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2012, 07:16 PM
Registered User
Joined Aug 2010
864 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish99 View Post
This heli sure is stable. I can't believe how predictable it flys. I have zero expo set up on my DX8 but am just floored with how well it flies. Got the nerve up on the 3rd or 4rth flight to do a flip. I am up to about 6 or 7 flights now and the last one I was doing backwards flips with a slight hesitation in inverted hover and can't tell you how impressive it is. The mCPX would have blown the tail out a dozen times by now. (Thus the reason I was so hesitant to try a flip, as about 1 in 4 or 5 on my mCPX ends with a blown tail and me hitting the kill switch and watching it fall to the grass.)

Got me thinking it's time to get another flight in. Waiting for new lipos to arrive so I have more than just the one flight battery ... it's killing me.

Marlin
I agree, the 300X is a real 3D helicopter and the MCPx is more of a toy. My MCPx continually frustrated me and ended up going to the Skeet Trap range and was destroyed by a volley of lead

I really wouldn't recommend an MCPx to a new heli pilot. My only issue with the 300X is the main shaft design flaw. Other than that, I love it, and fly it more than my Tarot 450 Pro FBL V2.
thekubiaks is offline Find More Posts by thekubiaks
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2012, 07:23 PM
2 seconds from crashing
indoorheli's Avatar
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,346 Posts
Weird I would recommend the mcpx to anyone wanting to learn to fly...probably now will move to suggesting the nano though. Although tail blow sucked for high powered flipping IMHO it was a good thing to learn to use the sticks in a more controlled manner and stock it forced you to do so. After i got use to more controlled flipping i could flip in a small area no problem and my flips and control got way better on the larger helis too.

The 300x is a great stable heli and right there with my 450 beastx but too bad the 300x has growing pains right now.
My 300x is on its way back to HH for the second time I really dont want it back until they fix the frame flex.
indoorheli is offline Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2012, 07:29 PM
You down with EPP?
johnnyrocco123's Avatar
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,658 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekubiaks View Post
I agree, the 300X is a real 3D helicopter and the MCPx is more of a toy. My MCPx continually frustrated me and ended up going to the Skeet Trap range and was destroyed by a volley of lead

I really wouldn't recommend an MCPx to a new heli pilot. My only issue with the 300X is the main shaft design flaw. Other than that, I love it, and fly it more than my Tarot 450 Pro FBL V2.
Back in the beginning of June, I had never flown a heli before. I bought a MCPX and I think it was the best purchase I ever made. It still going strong after 115 flights, and now I am flying a 300x and 450x with ease.

I would highly recommend it to a new pilot.
johnnyrocco123 is offline Find More Posts by johnnyrocco123
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2012, 09:03 PM
Rocket Programmer
jasmine2501's Avatar
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,335 Posts
It is a nice little heli but you do need to check the pitch range apparently. Finally got to some sustained inverted stuff this weekend and I realized I almost had to bottom out the stick. It had nowhere near enough negative pitch. I adjusted the top links and now it's much better.
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2012, 10:07 PM
2 seconds from crashing
indoorheli's Avatar
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,346 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine2501 View Post
It is a nice little heli but you do need to check the pitch range apparently. Finally got to some sustained inverted stuff this weekend and I realized I almost had to bottom out the stick. It had nowhere near enough negative pitch. I adjusted the top links and now it's much better.
Are you sure your beastx isn't programmed light on negative pitch? Mine came with about negative 7 stock programmed in which gave no negative pop.
After I have my head setup I use the upper links to attain 0 pitch at center. After your adjustment how is you mid range?
indoorheli is offline Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by indoorheli; Sep 23, 2012 at 10:15 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale Trex 700E FBL BeastX BNF 1600$ Shipped trevjonez Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 1 Aug 15, 2011 08:04 PM
For Sale Outrage 550 FBL W/BeastX BNF KenM Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 2 Jul 09, 2011 07:20 AM
Found BeastX FBL controller Hellsiege Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 0 Jan 28, 2011 02:24 PM
Sold BeastX, Spektrum Satellite, BeastX Satellite Adapter, 450 Sport FBL Head NovaCX12 Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 1 Jan 22, 2011 08:07 AM
Sold Microbeast BeastX FBL unit NEW never used Z06 Tony Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 0 Dec 07, 2010 05:23 PM