HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 18, 2015, 06:56 PM
I've got a Heli hankering
United States, TX, Arlington
Joined Mar 2014
505 Posts
Question
Main bearing blocks

I am wondering about the bearing blocks on an Align 500 DFC Pro, are they supposed to be situated with labels facing up top and bottom or label up on top, and bottom block with label facing toward main gear?
Mine are both facing with the label up....
train06 is online now Find More Posts by train06
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 19, 2015, 01:07 AM
Joined Mar 2014
505 Posts
I found the answer...for anyone that might have the same question.....the orientation of the bearing blocks are as follows on the Align 500 Pro DFC.....

Top bearing block! Printed side where it says "Align" goes facing down from the top of the heli...

Bottom Block: Printed side faces up looking down from the top of the heli you should see the print "Align" on the block.....
Old Feb 19, 2015, 01:29 PM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
12,619 Posts
There is a way to tell the correct way on most bearing blocks. The block itself is machined with a large recess to accept the bearing on one side, and a slightly smaller hole only big enough for the shaft to pass through on the other side. The smaller holes must face each other.
If you did it the other way there would be nothing to keep the bearings in place and the thrust from the rotor would push the bearings out of the blocks.
JetPlaneFlyer is online now Find More Posts by JetPlaneFlyer
Old Feb 19, 2015, 03:07 PM
Joined Mar 2014
505 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetPlaneFlyer View Post
There is a way to tell the correct way on most bearing blocks. The block itself is machined with a large recess to accept the bearing on one side, and a slightly smaller hole only big enough for the shaft to pass through on the other side. The smaller holes must face each other.
If you did it the other way there would be nothing to keep the bearings in place and the thrust from the rotor would push the bearings out of the blocks.
Yep found that out the hard way....I'd gotten the frame with blacks already installed, and did the cardinal sin.....assumed....;-)