retiredVTT is offline Find More Posts by retiredVTT
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 24, 2015, 01:39 PM
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
7,344 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz-b View Post
Mmm so you have to remember to connect that after the flight pack and before disconnecting it or the 500 ma will be gone if you ever need it.
Let's say you connect up the Guardian first and throw the little switch. How long after that would you connect up your flight pack? 15 seconds? 30 seconds? A minute? With no servos working, the RX takes very little juice. Same goes for if you disconnect it last. How long before you disconnect the Guardian? Really, you're worried about nothing. If you need a dead stick landing and the Guardian activates, how much juice do you think it takes to drop the retracts, flaps and glide it back to the ground with all the necessary control surfaces? You're going to draw power from it for what, 30 seconds?
The only thing the Guardian uses juice when it's on "stand by" is running the tiny LED indicator light. Charged up to 8.4V and never having it actually come on, I can fly over 1/2 dozen flights before the volts go below 4.0 and even after that, I could use it on a plane with an external BEC for 2 flights if I wanted to.
I fly some planes with an external BEC and a separate 850mah, 2S battery, where that battery powers the RX and everything off it the whole flight. That battery will last more than 4 flights on a typical EDF before needing a recharge.
xviper is offline Find More Posts by xviper
Old Feb 24, 2015, 01:42 PM
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
7,344 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredVTT View Post
Yes....last item ON, first item OFF..!

..simple protection,

Bill
Precisely! Like any "insurance", some of us just try our darnedest to find an excuse not to have it and shoot it full of holes. Like the idea, get it. Don't like the idea, don't get it.
xviper is offline Find More Posts by xviper