dbishw92 is offline Find More Posts by dbishw92
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 27, 2015, 09:58 AM
Panama
Joined Jul 2005
3,688 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnavarro View Post
I'm having a nightmare getting this plane sorted. Not really any faults to PA just one issue after the other. Yesterday an aileron servo went out and barely brought it in. No damage but the airplane rolled and dove on me and when I finally brought it in one aileron was point 3/4 down and the other was straight and dead. I can't give an honest assessment until I got it worked out. One thing I love is elevator authority, was able to do super tight inner/outer loops. I'm hoping I can get decent roll authority out of this thing and I will be happy.
What servo are you using??? it has a really fantastic roll rate with the hitec 5245 servos
aerofundan is offline Find More Posts by aerofundan
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 27, 2015, 03:15 PM
Bradenton, FL
Joined Dec 2009
150 Posts
Dan, I expect to receive my new Addy XL on Saturday. I will now have all 3 sized Addy's. The small Addy has certain flying characteristics that I like - as does the Addy X. My question to you is what is your favorite maneuver with the XL? And what maneuver do you feel that the XL performs best? Thanks. PS I really enjoy your flying. Don
land guru 1 is offline Find More Posts by land guru 1
Old Feb 27, 2015, 06:26 PM
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Oct 2010
408 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerofundan View Post
What servo are you using??? it has a really fantastic roll rate with the hitec 5245 servos
Brand new HS 5245MGs all the way around. I'm not sure what's going on with it, I do have the SFGs on so I'm sure this could make it slower, there's plenty of throw. I will send the servo into hitec and see if they will replace/fix it.
mnavarro is online now Find More Posts by mnavarro
Old Yesterday, 02:20 PM
PA Team Pilot
United States, FL, West Palm Beach
Joined Apr 2011
771 Posts
Favorite maneuver on the xl for me is hovering and torque rolling. It's just so hands off, love it
kohersh is online now Find More Posts by kohersh
RCG Plus Member
Old Today, 04:28 AM
I'm torquing to you!
Wattle Grove NSW Australia
Joined Nov 2006
7,488 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kohersh View Post
Favorite maneuver on the xl for me is hovering and torque rolling. It's just so hands off, love it
Yeah I have to agree. The Addy XL is so stable and easy in a hover.
Mr Kamikaze is online now Find More Posts by Mr Kamikaze
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Back into it :)