HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 14, 2012, 10:54 AM
Joined Apr 2006
957 Posts
Discussion
what happened to the 1/25 concorde?

several weeks ago, a new product was introduced for sale this July. It was a 1/25 scale, edf concorde, about 8 feet in length.

Does anyone have any further information on it? The old thread has been closed, without explanation (an explanation for closing a thread should always be given by the moderator who closed it, btw).

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...hlight=concord

edit: i just noticed that it is on Ming's Windriders site. Ming, does that mean you're going to be carrying it and the project is still going ahead?
aferguson is offline Find More Posts by aferguson
Last edited by aferguson; Jun 14, 2012 at 11:09 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 17, 2012, 10:45 AM
Scale Modeler
Canada, ON, Mississauga
Joined Feb 2006
2,009 Posts
Its funny you asked for it, coz i juss came here looking for updates thinking the same, July is next month...This would be good practice plane for me towards my bigger version...
Concordefan is offline Find More Posts by Concordefan
Old Jun 17, 2012, 12:15 PM
Joined Apr 2006
957 Posts
it seems that Windrider is coming out with one. 2.75m long, i was told by Ming. How soon it is to be released i don't know but there is a teaser pic of it up on Windrider's home page
Old Jun 18, 2012, 12:04 AM
Scale Modeler
Canada, ON, Mississauga
Joined Feb 2006
2,009 Posts
I know about it, he shared his proto's video with me first b4 posting on here. I suppose now we can chose in between two of these guy's models...
Old Jun 18, 2012, 12:56 AM
Official Boat Bum
United States, NV, Reno
Joined Mar 2000
7,799 Posts
Yeah... it was a little strange to see the thread get locked down and then nothing else on it at all. I suppose it might have been a little early to release dates and get debate going? Perhaps there have been complications in the process of kitting this. Hopefully we will see more.
Eddie P is offline Find More Posts by Eddie P
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 18, 2012, 11:56 AM
Joined Apr 2006
957 Posts
has Ming posted on here about his Concorde? I must have missed that thread....what forum is it in?
Old Jun 19, 2012, 02:48 PM
Joined Jan 2009
30 Posts
Hi, everybody,

that´s the answer I got when I asked the author why the thread was closed:

Qoute
Hi Michael,
The thread has been closed temporarily but do not worry about the project.
It has been delayed but will come out soon. We are working hard on it.
At my knowledge there is no any other discussion thread in a Europe's forum yet.

Thanks,

Gerald

Quote:
Originally Posted by michi3
Hello,

I´m just wondering why the concorde thread is closed. I hope that has nothing to do with the development of the Concorde.

BTW is there any discussion forum in europe to find information about your project?

Thanks

Michael
michi3 is offline Find More Posts by michi3
Old Jun 20, 2012, 03:21 AM
Scale Modeler
Canada, ON, Mississauga
Joined Feb 2006
2,009 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aferguson View Post
has Ming posted on here about his Concorde? I must have missed that thread....what forum is it in?
It's here in larger version of Edf Concorde's thread on pg# 5, post# 64..

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1656459&page=5
Old Jun 20, 2012, 12:44 PM
Joined Apr 2006
957 Posts
wowow.......that looks fantastic. I'm definitely in for one, if it goes into production.

was Ming the tall guy in the blue shirt?
Old Jun 20, 2012, 01:40 PM
Official Boat Bum
United States, NV, Reno
Joined Mar 2000
7,799 Posts
So I am a little unsure - Is Ming's Concorde that was in early testing at the Hong Kong field (in the video) the same one as the original thread that was locked down? Mings seems to be bigger with four, 70mm EDF's? I was under the impression that the other proposed Concorde kit was a twin 70mm fan aircraft.
Eddie P is offline Find More Posts by Eddie P
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 21, 2012, 01:14 AM
Scale Modeler
Canada, ON, Mississauga
Joined Feb 2006
2,009 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie P View Post
So I am a little unsure - Is Ming's Concorde that was in early testing at the Hong Kong field (in the video) the same one as the original thread that was locked down? Mings seems to be bigger with four, 70mm EDF's? I was under the impression that the other proposed Concorde kit was a twin 70mm fan aircraft.
Yes, Ming's is 4x edfs and other one is twin edfs....Ming is working on his but i'm not sure about one in Europe as he hasn't replied to my recent pm as yet. Ming's is 8 feet long and other one is 100" in length..
Old Jun 21, 2012, 11:40 AM
Joined Apr 2006
957 Posts
actually, Ming's is 2.85m which is a bit over 9 feet long (and works out to about 1/22 scale) and the european one is 1/25 scale and just over 8 feet long.

It seems to me these projects were coincidental.......at first when i saw Ming's i thought he had taken over the development work of the european one, but it's obvious now he had been working on his own.

still can't wait to get this puppy.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 08:10 AM
France, IdF, Puteaux
Joined Apr 2012
14 Posts
Hi Guys,

Thank you for your concern! I just wanna let you know that Ming Lou and
I had concidental projects for the Concorde. We've been in discussion for a while
trying to find a compromise but unfortunately our products have too many technical differences. I have an approach of high top end product with the specific and original wing airprofile for example and many, many other details.
Concorde requires and deserves the best
That is the reason why I had closed the discussion on the forum.
However even though after this delay and no compromise found, I am starting finally the production and will let the customers choose between both products

Stay tuned guys !!

Cheers,

Gerald
mrchalupas is offline Find More Posts by mrchalupas
Old Jun 29, 2012, 11:07 AM
Scale Modeler
Canada, ON, Mississauga
Joined Feb 2006
2,009 Posts
Great to hear from you Gerald.

It's always good to have difference as then it's best for buyers to chose which one of the 2 models they want to get, for me,I might get one from both of you and see the differences and will then evaluate how my big one will perform with full scale wing replication. Did you get my PM, if you did, can you please reply and also would be good to add availability dates of your model....Thanks
Old Aug 19, 2012, 06:23 AM
Joined Jan 2009
30 Posts
Hi Gerald,

any news concerning your Concorde?

Greetings

Michael
michi3 is offline Find More Posts by michi3