HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 21, 2014, 03:30 PM
Joined Oct 2014
8 Posts
Discussion
Lipo on top vs bottom 250 quad

Hello. I was wondering why most people mount their lipo on top instead of on the bottom. I just finished building a clone QAV250 and I swapped out 4 screws that hold the arms to the frame with nylon screws and standoffs that make legs where I can mount the lipo in between. The nylon screws will simply break off in the event of a crash.
This leaves me with extra room on top for other things, and gives the quad a low COG that should increase stability and more likely land bottom first in case it decides to fall out of the sky.
Thoughts?
ziad is offline Find More Posts by ziad
to remove ads between posts