SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 07, 2013, 03:57 PM
Southampton, UK
Joined Jul 2004
1,194 Posts
Discussion
Phoenix wont update

Hi all,

I friend of mine has managed to get his Phoenix to version 4.0j from version 3.
when he loads the sim and goes to check for updates, it comes up with 'no internet connection' but he does have one.

Hes struggling to update manually, I need to pop round but difficult at the moment, to see if I can sort it.

any ideas? I told him to run as adminstrator, but that didnt make any difference.
Rodders is offline Find More Posts by Rodders
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 07, 2013, 04:36 PM
Joined Oct 2007
710 Posts
Can he download the update from the site OK?

PhoenixRC site says:

Manual Updates
If you have version 3.0 or above, please use your System > Check for Updates menu from within Phoenix to select and install new models, flying sites and other content.
If you are having problems with the automatic updates system, or your computer is not directly connected to the internet, then you can use the links below to manually download additional content and install it.
To install an update manually, download the required item using the Download button and Save the item into your Documents > PhoenixRC > Downloaded Updates folder. Once you have downloaded all required updates, install them by clicking on your Start Menu > Programs > PhoenixRC > Install updates manually shortcut.
Puzom is offline Find More Posts by Puzom
Old Mar 07, 2013, 04:42 PM
Southampton, UK
Joined Jul 2004
1,194 Posts
Well he managed to get from 3.0 to 4.0j from the site. He said he couldnt do the others. I suspect its more him doing it wrong manually. I was hoping there was an easy auto update fix till i can get round there to sort it.
Old Mar 08, 2013, 06:04 AM
Joined Oct 2007
710 Posts
Never seen this problem. If indeed he can't update to 4.0n manually, I guess it's him doing it wrong.

Also when he got the message "no internet connection", maybe his connection was down? Or the update server could not be reached? Did he try it at different times during the day?
Old Mar 08, 2013, 10:33 AM
Southampton, UK
Joined Jul 2004
1,194 Posts
Internet worked for everything else. Should be able to get round there tomorrow. Certainly dont want to update all planes manually!
Old Mar 08, 2013, 11:54 PM
Head full of foam
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Jan 2013
324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodders View Post
Hi all,

I friend of mine has managed to get his Phoenix to version 4.0j from version 3.
when he loads the sim and goes to check for updates, it comes up with 'no internet connection' but he does have one.

Hes struggling to update manually, I need to pop round but difficult at the moment, to see if I can sort it.

any ideas? I told him to run as adminstrator, but that didnt make any difference.
My guess is that either the router isn't allowing access or the OS's firewall is telling the program to go pound sand. If I were you I'd focus on that when you finally get a chance to get over there. My guess is the firewall in the OS. Disable the firewall, if that doesn't do it, go into the router and put the machines IP in the DMZ of the router. Undo all of this when you are done of course.

There's also the outside chance that the update servers addy has been changed. Do you know anybody else that has successfully updated from v3?

Good luck!
RuralFPV is offline Find More Posts by RuralFPV
Old Mar 09, 2013, 01:06 AM
KC
Registered Loiterer.
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Sep 2006
4,035 Posts
I recently updated from v.3. It was a piece of cake.

When sim was started, it found updates and asked if I wanted to download. Clicked ok and the program downloaded and installed automatically. There were several versions of the v4 and the program asked to update each and did so when I clicked yes. I remember having trouble updating from 2.5 to 3, but no issues from 3 to 4.
KC is offline Find More Posts by KC
Old Mar 09, 2013, 01:49 AM
Southampton, UK
Joined Jul 2004
1,194 Posts
Cheers guys. Will check the firewall!
Old Mar 09, 2013, 09:37 AM
Joined Oct 2007
710 Posts
Firewall might be an issue, just odd all of a sudden the firewall started to block PhoenixRC?? As you said most updates went OK, so who knows what happened. Never heard of firewalls blocking PhoenixRC after certain updates before.

Do share what the solution was, so it might help others.
Old Mar 09, 2013, 09:49 AM
KC
Registered Loiterer.
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Sep 2006
4,035 Posts
Might want to try suspending/turning off the anti virus software during the updating process.
KC is offline Find More Posts by KC
Old Mar 09, 2013, 11:07 AM
Southampton, UK
Joined Jul 2004
1,194 Posts
OS firewall is off. Doesn't work still.
Set IP address in DMZ and still doesn't work.
Just keeps coming up no internet connection. Manually updating at the moment.

Very odd.
Old Mar 16, 2013, 02:46 PM
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Oct 2008
99 Posts
Hi guys I am having problems going from V3.0 to V4.0. I have tried the installing the update by the manual method. It seems to work and then Phoenixs opens and asks if I want to install up dates. I just go through the same process over and over and I am still on V3.0.

Is there a way of just downloading models into the program folder some how?
slimdog is online now Find More Posts by slimdog
Old Mar 16, 2013, 05:28 PM
Southampton, UK
Joined Jul 2004
1,194 Posts
D/load them off the website. Put them in the directory where the website says at the top of the page.
Run manual installer.
Old Mar 16, 2013, 09:09 PM
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Oct 2008
99 Posts
are you talking about just models? I have done every thing that the web site has said.

Do you know where the directory for models is?

All I am interested is getting a quadcopter into my simulator not to concerned about what version I am on.
slimdog is online now Find More Posts by slimdog
Old Mar 17, 2013, 08:41 AM
Southampton, UK
Joined Jul 2004
1,194 Posts
Yea, dloaf just the model. Theres a phoenixrc folder in my documents where you put them. Details on the website at top of download page.
Then goto start, phoenix and run the manual installer.
It looks for files in the directory in the my documents/phoenix folder and installs them.

When i get on my pc, i can give more details of file paths. Cant do that on mobile phone.