HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 29, 2012, 02:34 PM
Oh no!
Wales(UK)
Joined Jul 2004
127 Posts
Discussion
New HK450MT build issue

Hi all.I'm currently building an alloy HK450MT and replacing some of the more dubious parts with genuine Align ones.I'm now building up the tail end and replacing the rotor control arm and the bearing mount that runs on the tail rotor shaft,because there a fair amount of slop there and I recall somewhere that replacing these items with genuine ones reduces it somewhat.The original bearing mount is set in plastic and looks as though it has a brass sleeve running inside and is fixed to the pitch assembly .I can't get the bearing mount off this sleeve;it must come off or the bearing mount wouldn't be available as a spare part(would it?).The only thing I can think of is that it's held on by green bearing retainer.Does anyone know?Thanks in anticipation.
Scarlet is offline Find More Posts by Scarlet
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 30, 2012, 07:44 AM
"Heli-Pimp"
McHenry, IL
Joined Mar 2003
2,943 Posts
Heat it with the tip of a soldering iron for about ten seconds, the heat will loosen the thread locker, then unscrew the t type arm from the slide shaft...

JMO... Ken
kdill2160 is offline Find More Posts by kdill2160
Old Dec 30, 2012, 07:41 PM
Oh no!
Wales(UK)
Joined Jul 2004
127 Posts
Ah.I thought it might be held on with bearing retainer.I didn't know for sure whether to heat it up or not in case HK decided this part should be made as one piece.Thanks for your input.
Scarlet is offline Find More Posts by Scarlet