HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 26, 2012, 11:13 AM
Sverige, Värmlands Län, Filipstad
Joined Jan 2009
1,206 Posts
Discussion
Hanno Prettner early models.

Hi,

I do not know if anyone here have seen or heard of the very early models of Hanno Prettner but I have now seen two of them.
Source:
http://translate.google.com/translat...3D1596&act=url

I enlarged some of the images and post them below so it will be easier to discuss them.

They say on the homepage above that the white-blue-black plane is "ACROFLY" but if one look carefully on the first and second enlarged images below it say "SICROLY" in gold letters on the fuselage so it seems to be the forerunner of Super Sicroly and Super Sicroly II.
Right or wrong?

Nr 4 image below is a plane "WICROLY" and I suppose it was forerunner of Sicroly.

Both planes are dated as "1970" in homepage above.

I do not know if it was any plans made or if it was written something about these two planes in German model magazines at that time, or perhaps in UK magazines or any other European model magazines at that time.

Anyway, nice planes and it would be a nice task for someone to try to replicate them today as retro planes. At least we have the colors and paint schemes now. Specifications such as wingspan, length, airfoil etc is unknown to me. I do not think they had retracts. Engines maybe Webra (Blackhead? - I do not know "Speed" had come yet in 1970), maybe HP 61 (Hirtenberger Patronen) or Super Tigre G60? I believe he flew with Wik-Modelle "dirigent 6, Lizenz Kraft" (licensed by Kraft) radio in the early years - You can see a glimpse of the radio in image 3 below to the left of the flight-box. Dirigent 6 was new in 1968. How a dirigent 6 radio looked like You can see in PDF file attached below (text in German but nice image of the radio).

/Bo
bossee is offline Find More Posts by bossee
Last edited by bossee; Dec 26, 2012 at 01:55 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 27, 2012, 05:38 AM
United States, CA, Norco
Joined Feb 2007
552 Posts
Bo,

I really enjoy the historic Classic Pattern planes that you come up with. Wouldn't it be cool if plans did exist for the Sicroly and Wicroly.

I emailed Wolfgang Matt a few months back asking him if he had specs on the Granat and if he could provide some background information on why it was so short lived. I also asked if plans existed for the Granat and if fact they do.

Problem was he wanted about $50 dollars for the Granat Plans and another $30 for them to be shipped. A little too steep for me. But some one might be interested. Here was his reply on where to send the money for the plan.

Quote:
Dear Bryan

Now we can send the plans for the GRANAT as follows:
EUR 45.- plans
EUR 20.- shipping costs
EUR 65.- total (or 80.- US$)

To safe banking-charges for this small amount please send this amount by cash in an envelope to the following address:

Günther Matt
Gapetschstrasse 89
9494 Schaan
Liechtenstein

As soon as we have received the amount we will send the plans. Please let us know your mail-address!

We wish you good luck with the GRANAT

And regards,

Wolfgang and Günther
He did not provide any history though. I was hoping he would provide something but I imagine since the Granat was so short lived that there wasn't much info he wanted to remember as he came out with the Joker very soon after.

I imagine that it would be due to the change in rules to the Turnaround Pattern style of flying and maybe the fact that he had just came out with the Granat and needed a new design for Turnaround right away. I'd be a little upset if I had just designed a plane (Granat) and had to immediately design another (Joker) due to rules changes.

The Sircoly and Wicroly sure do qualify for Classic Pattern Plane status. Thanks for histroy lesson and pictures.

Regards
Roguedog is offline Find More Posts by Roguedog
Last edited by Roguedog; Dec 27, 2012 at 06:08 AM.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 06:28 AM
Intermediate Multi
Columbus, OH
Joined Mar 2005
3,306 Posts
The Sicroly reminds me of a 1974 RCM plan that I used to admire. Donald Grassi's Avanti:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=7242507
Trisquire is offline Find More Posts by Trisquire
Old Dec 28, 2012, 01:07 PM
Hawaii
Joined Feb 2003
5,956 Posts
Thank you Bossee, I can always count on you to come up with some neat information on older models that bring back memories for me.
SeismicCWave is offline Find More Posts by SeismicCWave
Old Dec 30, 2012, 11:09 PM
Paul Pappas AMA 42520
CT,USA
Joined Aug 2008
1,110 Posts
Hey Bryan,
Have an e-mail address? I’d like to get a set of plans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguedog View Post
I emailed Wolfgang Matt a few months back asking him if he had specs on the Granat and if he could provide some background information on why it was so short lived. I also asked if plans existed for the Granat and if fact they do.

Problem was he wanted about $50 dollars for the Granat Plans and another $30 for them to be shipped. A little too steep for me. But some one might be interested. Here was his reply on where to send the money for the plan.
Pitstop000 is offline Find More Posts by Pitstop000
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: JR 28X / JR’s Flagship Radio!
Old Dec 31, 2012, 01:09 AM
United States, CA, Norco
Joined Feb 2007
552 Posts
Paul,

Here's the email I used;

w.matt@supra.net

Got it off his website.

If and when you get it post the specs and some pics of the plan. I'd like to see it.
Roguedog is offline Find More Posts by Roguedog
Last edited by Roguedog; Dec 31, 2012 at 01:18 AM.