HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 15, 2012, 10:05 AM
Cumming Ga
Joined Apr 2002
2,921 Posts
New Product
New NAZA H released today

Atlantahobby.com the nations leader in providing innovative, Electric Flight products to consumers around the world and being one of the largest single and multi rotor suppliers in the USA announced today that it had completed beta testing and would be one of the first in the USA to deliver the new and revolutionary Naza H Auto Pilot system.

Cliff Whitney, President of Atlantahobby.com said “The autopilot segment of the hobby is exploding and technology is enabling more and more to enjoy our hobby. Via our tight relationship with DJI am excited to be able to announce that the helicopter world changed today with the public release of the revolutionary NAZA H Auto Pilot system. This new flight control system goes beyond simple gyros and makes helicopter flying easy and stress free for the masses. Imagine being able to fly a helicopter on your first trip out to the field or if while practicing a new maneuver you get disorientated to be able to flip a switch and have the helicopter right itself and return to the takeoff point all on it’s own. The new Naza H makes helicopter flying easy.“

The Naza-H autopilot system is a new platform designed for beginner and expert single rotor helicopter model enthusiast. It inherits the world famous Multi rotor Naza series’s All-in-One design with specially tuned functions for the single rotor Heli Pilot. Standard high performance functions such as tail gyro, flybarless, and multiple flight control modes. The new Naza H also supports D-BUS and with the optional GPS module, flight stability and failsafe functions are no longer a problem.

From novice to aggressive 3D, the Naza H perfectly meets the needs of different flying styles. It is not just another FBL controller; it is “THE” best choice for the discerning model helicopter pilot.

A few features
All-in-One Design
Built-in Tail Gyro/Flybarless Supported
Support for Multiple Electric Helicopter Platforms
Advanced Attitude and Control Algorithm
Optional GPS Module
Multiple Flight Control Modes/Intelligent Switching
D-BUS Supported
Independent LED Module
Future firmware upgrade to give Semi-auto Take-off & Landing
Additional features in the future

Prices start at $269 and you can see this and the rest of the Naza H line at Atlantahobby.com
atlav8r is offline Find More Posts by atlav8r
Site Sponsor
Last edited by atlav8r; Nov 17, 2012 at 04:15 PM. Reason: spelling
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 15, 2012, 05:07 PM
Cumming Ga
Joined Apr 2002
2,921 Posts
More photos and a video can e found here
http://www.atlantahobby.com/store/pc...87&idcategory=
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 15, 2012, 10:59 PM
Closed Account
Joined Dec 2007
6,549 Posts
When will you have these units along with the GPS modules in stock Cliff?
Xrayted is offline Find More Posts by Xrayted
Old Nov 16, 2012, 10:00 AM
Cumming Ga
Joined Apr 2002
2,921 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xrayted View Post
When will you have these units along with the GPS modules in stock Cliff?
Hi, Thanks for the note.
These are shipping to us on the 23rd. Like all of our weekly DJI shipments they will be sent express so we hope to be filling backorders on or about the 27-28th.

We have been flying one for a few months now and I can tell you this thing is really fantastic and there is more and more via firmware on the way ;-)

It is so funny to watch folks faces at the field when you are flying and just sit the transmitter on the ground and walk away back to the club house for a drink of water and have it just sit there ;-)

Cliff
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 16, 2012, 10:28 AM
Closed Account
Joined Dec 2007
6,549 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlav8r View Post
Hi, Thanks for the note.
These are shipping to us on the 23rd. Like all of our weekly DJI shipments they will be sent express so we hope to be filling backorders on or about the 27-28th.

We have been flying one for a few months now and I can tell you this thing is really fantastic and there is more and more via firmware on the way ;-)

It is so funny to watch folks faces at the field when you are flying and just sit the transmitter on the ground and walk away back to the club house for a drink of water and have it just sit there ;-)

Cliff
Thanks Cliff and that is exciting news! I've been a Skookum flyer for some time now, and have been waiting for over three years for them to release their GPS module. They have a great product but the self leveling bailout feature leaves a lot to be desired and rarely does it ever self level without some random drift in one direction or the other. I want to try a GPS setup for a future scale build and I'm no 3D flyer and won't need all of the claimed features the SK GPS unit will have if and when they ever release it.

I will drop by the shop as some point so I can talk live with you about your experiences with the new Naza setup.

Thanks again!

Tony
Last edited by Xrayted; Nov 16, 2012 at 10:34 AM.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 10:33 AM
Cumming Ga
Joined Apr 2002
2,921 Posts
OK Thanks!
John Fox has been our test pilot with the Beta unit and will be posting here as well to answer questions
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 16, 2012, 10:40 AM
Closed Account
Joined Dec 2007
6,549 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlav8r View Post
OK Thanks!
John Fox has been our test pilot with the Beta unit and will be posting here as well to answer questions
Perfect! I guess my main question at this point would be, can the units GPS feature be used as a bailout in case of loss of orientation?

I rarely need this feature, but when I do, I need to know the heli is level and staying reasonably in place until I can get my bearings and take back over.

If I'm in forward flight and get it twisted up for whatever reason, what will happen if I flip into GPS atti mode? Will the heli right itself from whatever position its in and then lock into its coordinates based on where I flipped the switch?

That's really it for me at this time, as no one else has been able to answer this particular question for me at this point. I'm not interested in hard decks or flying at any fixed attitude or speed at this point, although that may be useful in a scale build down the road.

Looking forward to Johns input and help on this one
Old Nov 16, 2012, 11:22 AM
United States, AZ, Yuma
Joined Oct 2003
476 Posts
OK, so what's the difference between this Naza-H and the Wookong-H. I imagine it has to do with GPS capabilities. Can anyone shed light on this?
rpvpilot is offline Find More Posts by rpvpilot
Old Nov 16, 2012, 12:27 PM
Cumming Ga
Joined Apr 2002
2,921 Posts
The Naza H has GPS capabilities but the are optional. The GPS comes stock with the WKM Ace series.
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 18, 2012, 12:35 PM
Pass me some zip-ties!
United States, FL, Gainesville
Joined Nov 2006
2,606 Posts
Does the Naza-H use the same GPS module as the Naza-M?
HansAuf is offline Find More Posts by HansAuf
Old Nov 21, 2012, 06:02 PM
Joined Feb 2012
6 Posts
Does the naza-h have remote gain like the naza-m? I have the WK-H and it does not have remote gain and that's a major drawback for setting up and changing wind conditions.

Thanks
Brad
rokclimr is offline Find More Posts by rokclimr
Old Nov 22, 2012, 10:22 AM
I hate waiting for parts
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Apr 2001
6,960 Posts
This sounds exciting. I've seen what the Naza + GPS can do for my multirotor and it would be cool to add to one of my helis. I'll be watching this carefully. Thanks for posting.
Mike_Then is online now Find More Posts by Mike_Then
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Thank you, veterans
Old Nov 24, 2012, 10:02 AM
Cumming Ga
Joined Apr 2002
2,921 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansAuf View Post
Does the Naza-H use the same GPS module as the Naza-M?
They look the same but are indeed different.
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 24, 2012, 05:34 PM
Ireland
Joined Apr 2005
353 Posts
Quote:
Perfect! I guess my main question at this point would be, can the units GPS feature be used as a bailout in case of loss of orientation?

I rarely need this feature, but when I do, I need to know the heli is level and staying reasonably in place until I can get my bearings and take back over.

If I'm in forward flight and get it twisted up for whatever reason, what will happen if I flip into GPS atti mode? Will the heli right itself from whatever position its in and then lock into its coordinates based on where I flipped the switch?
Anyone able to answer this? I'm interested to know as well.
Fergus is offline Find More Posts by Fergus
Old Nov 24, 2012, 05:47 PM
United States, GA, Buford
Joined Nov 2006
16 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xrayted View Post

That's really it for me at this time, as no one else has been able to answer this particular question for me at this point. I'm not interested in hard decks or flying at any fixed attitude or speed at this point, although that may be useful in a scale build down the road.

Looking forward to Johns input and help on this one
Hello Xrayted;23283674,
This is John Fox. Sorry for the delay it has been hectic the past couple of weeks.
The Naza-H will "park" the heli in the sky when the gps and altitude hold are activated. You do need to return your collective stick to center for altitude hold but you can fly around in GPS mode and I doubt you will lose control. It will limit the the tilt of the aircraft to what ever you program so it will not go past that and if you let go of the cyclic it will return to level and hold position.

john
FOX222 is offline Find More Posts by FOX222
Last edited by FOX222; Nov 24, 2012 at 05:54 PM.