HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 29, 2012, 05:29 PM
UK, Ballymena, Ballymena
Joined Aug 2008
139 Posts
Editing with pinnacle

I was anable to download the raw files. Is it possible to edit the #16 files with pinnacle studio?
ourbluehorizon is offline Find More Posts by ourbluehorizon
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 29, 2012, 05:44 PM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,875 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash74 View Post
Fishycomics use your "808 #16" camera and get us some good video of the storm. From a pier if possible. You can test contrast and weather tightness. that away we can stay on topic. Thx
I can see all the shoreline hurricane video I need on the TV! Post any hurricane video on Fishy's "anything goes" thread somewhere on this site. Search for it!
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Oct 29, 2012, 05:52 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash74 View Post
Fishycomics use your "808 #16" camera and get us some good video of the storm. From a pier if possible. You can test contrast and weather tightness. that away we can stay on topic. Thx
Oh I was prepared,

Key cam flashlight mod descussion (1 min 48 sec)

I had purchased a Torch lite 9 days ago, and thought I should give it a go to? Well lucky me I chosen to be smart and give up on a project that may endanger my camera? I can place the KC808 in front of the tube and yep do it safely?

I leave that to the experts, who want to impress ya, not me I am already contented

Yep I keep to the topic, just not the right sandbox more a pig pen, Lol thanks for the kind Words Crash

Buy the way Tom will get his share when I kick Sandy out of here.
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Last edited by fishycomics; Oct 29, 2012 at 06:17 PM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 29, 2012, 06:38 PM
Mtz
Romania, PH, Ploiesti
Joined Mar 2012
552 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
Have you a triclkle charger? Have you ordered a new battery. Have you used a different cable and ac outlet vs a pc/mac
Lipo's are cautious to play with and leaving unattended enjoy
Charged with many cables and chargers. The same. Battery is 2 weeks old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
I had a similar problem and it was my SD card. I changed out the card to a class 4 and the camera would work.
Tried 3 cards. The same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isoprop View Post
Batteries are batteries are batteries!
I think you are right, but if the battery is not good you can't buy it from a shop because is so special. So you need to wait about 2 weeks. It is not only about money, but if you use a camera 2 weeks and 2 weeks you are waiting for some replacement, it is not OK.
At this moment the #16 have some quality issues and costs 25% more than the #18.
Mtz is offline Find More Posts by Mtz
Old Oct 29, 2012, 06:53 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtz View Post
Charged with many cables and chargers. The same. Battery is 2 weeks old.

Tried 3 cards. The same.

I think you are right, but if the battery is not good you can't buy it from a shop because is so special. So you need to wait about 2 weeks. It is not only about money, but if you use a camera 2 weeks and 2 weeks you are waiting for some replacement, it is not OK.
At this moment the #16 have some quality issues and costs 25% more than the #18.
MTZ:

Would a Hyperon 240mah fit the cam? It may be a little thicker

And it is thicker. I understand each person and location differs.

I try to be careful if that bat is bad, I toss it out vs saving it, only cost a few dollars vs a new house, enjoy be safe and contact Supplier get a new one and before you know it you be shooting photo at no time video that is
Old Oct 29, 2012, 07:19 PM
Fidler & twidler
Cranfield U.K.
Joined Mar 2004
4,054 Posts
Quote:
.....location differs.

I try to be careful if that bat is bad, I toss it out vs saving it, only cost a few dollars vs a new house, enjoy be safe and contact Supplier get a new one and before you know it you be shooting photo at no time video that is
Just what does this jumble of words mean??? do you expect a battery supplier to give you a new House to live in ??
ike
empeabee is offline Find More Posts by empeabee
Old Oct 29, 2012, 07:23 PM
Southwest England
Joined Nov 2010
331 Posts
Quote:
Did I miss something?

What was the point of that?

This is the HD16 thread. Was it filmed with an HD 16, I looked in the comments on YouTube and it didn't say?
bobflyman is offline Find More Posts by bobflyman
Old Oct 29, 2012, 07:36 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobflyman View Post
Did I miss something?

What was the point of that?

This is the HD16 thread. Was it filmed with an HD 16, I looked in the comments on YouTube and it didn't say?
Yes back in the middle of the thread was a post, of a car that a member had in the topic, so I thought why not dig up what I just shot ,so I posted up the car, but I also kept on topic

Low level light condition will show the stress o the cmos sensor working to hard. enjoy ?

I do not say that to ya, right?

This is shot with the Keycam 808 Ver 1 #16 lens D camera, and it is noted in the tags, the description sometimes I give brief or over detail info

no pun intended
Old Oct 29, 2012, 07:40 PM
The lunatic is on the grass
Joined Aug 2008
4,924 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by empeabee View Post
Just what does this jumble of words mean??? do you expect a battery supplier to give you a new House to live in ??
ike

Quote:

Get a new battery,better than a bad one causing a fire in the house,contact supplier (for new battery) ,you'll get it (battery) soon and be shooting video in no time.
ridgewalker is online now Find More Posts by ridgewalker
Old Oct 29, 2012, 07:42 PM
Mtz
Romania, PH, Ploiesti
Joined Mar 2012
552 Posts
Quote:
Would a Hyperon 240mah fit the cam?
Of course it will not fit because it is too big. It will crack the case when trying to put the back cover. And the case is so sensitive and I think everybody is cracking the holes for the screws after opening the camera. The external screws are not a problem, but internal can cause jumping screw inside the camera which can result in short circuit and burning some component inside and will result in a dead camera.
So when you put the screws back you must to tighten very carefully and not too much to not break the case.
Mtz is offline Find More Posts by Mtz
Old Oct 29, 2012, 07:44 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by empeabee View Post
ike
I said:

Please be careful with the battery. hearing stories about them. It is safer to discard the old one, and just buy a new one for the few dollars they cost.

thank you for pointing this out as I may not have been thought I was? clear, by ridgewalker, thank you bud Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtz View Post
Of course it will not fit because it is too big. It will crack the case when trying to put the back cover. And the case is so sensitive and I think everybody is cracking the holes for the screws after opening the camera. The external screws are not a problem, but internal can cause jumping screw inside the camera which can result in short circuit and burning some component inside and will result in a dead camera.
So when you put the screws back you must to tighten very carefully and not too much to not break the case.
Thanks MTZ..:

I understand that, and is not a problem. If one wanted to go naked that be not a problem thank you for your reply back, appreciated

my thoughts

Hyperon 240mah bat mod discussion (1 min 56 sec)
Last edited by fishycomics; Oct 29, 2012 at 08:21 PM.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 08:04 PM
Joined Oct 2012
7 Posts
motion detection with new firmware

Hi guys im new to this forum.

Ive bought couple of months ago a #16 cam, to my suprise it didnt have motion detection function. Every other previous model had it.

I was very happy that a new firmware was out that supported it.
after updating and setting it up again, i cant get motion detection to work.
It still records 5min clips with or without motion

Other cameras had a option to activate it by pressing record button twice, does this one have such thing also???

ps motion detection is set on on

thanks
pimjan is offline Find More Posts by pimjan
Old Oct 29, 2012, 08:21 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Mar 2012
185 Posts
I'm noticing some different opinions regarding the stability and functionality of firmware upgrade .49 Should I make the move? I'm using the last beta release now.
Davidpe is offline Find More Posts by Davidpe
Old Oct 29, 2012, 09:48 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,875 Posts
Comments in Blue:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimjan View Post
Hi guys im new to this forum.

Ive bought couple of months ago a #16 cam, to my suprise it didnt have motion detection function. Every other previous model had it.
Whatever camera you bought 2 months or more ago with motion detection was NOT the #16. Motion detection was ONLY made available about two weeks ago for the #16 when I posted for download the v0.49 FW that added that function.

I was very happy that a new firmware was out that supported it.
after updating and setting it up again, i cant get motion detection to work.
It still records 5min clips with or without motion
Are you using the GUI program to set the parameters? If you try to do it by manually editing the config file, you may run into functions that conflict with each other and not work properly.

Other cameras had a option to activate it by pressing record button twice, does this one have such thing also???
The #16 is not like other cameras that use a similar-looking case. You need to use the GUI program and study the instruction manual specifically written for the #16 camera (both available for download here - see the FAQs links in post #3).

ps motion detection is set on on

thanks
Old Oct 29, 2012, 09:56 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,875 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidpe View Post
I'm noticing some different opinions regarding the stability and functionality of firmware upgrade .49 Should I make the move? I'm using the last beta release now.
Some opinions stated in posts here are just that... opinions, and problems are often based on user error, not firmware issues. If problems with FW are reported and can be replicated, they will be corrected by the developer. Unless a FW is posted as a beta release (looking for user testing and feedback), any known problems will have been fixed before being posted for download, or a note will be added to the download icon mentioning any bugs that may have been found and confirmed after the release until a new version fixing the bug can be released.

I know of no v0.49 FW issues that have been confirmed, so go ahead and install the latest. You can always go back to a prior FW version at any time.