SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
Old Jan 27, 2012, 05:10 AM
Eugene
Australia, VIC, Delacombe
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
nice looking unit and expected it to be a bit more expensive than that. Yes it is fun delving unto the unknown I miss working I used to work for the CFA vehical manufaturing plant here in Ballarat as a automotive electrical enginer and disigner and used to design and build all the electrics for the fire trucks ect wich meant building allot of prototypes building the looms working out all of the electronics and raido's sirens lights ect but now that I have retired I feel somewhat stagnent. Messing around with the heli's ect has given me a fresh outlook and keeping me useing my brain not to mention a hell of allot of fun.
Whizgig is offline Find More Posts by Whizgig
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 27, 2012, 05:46 AM
Closed Account
Joined Nov 2011
1,246 Posts
I thought so too, I had found some earlier made tacho's but they involved applying some reflective tape onto the blades, which I wasn't keen on, and others that required you to look through a window and adjust the tacho count while looking at the blades and when the blades were stationary, it matched the rpm you set

That seemed way to complicated, especially doing it on your own, plus this was the cheapest out of all of them.

It seems to do the job adequately, so far. I'm not into 100% accuracy, but I'd like an indication of the difference of the motor output at max throttle during it's service life. If I check the rpm regularly, I can get an idea of the condition of the motor, and whether it is losing it's torque or strength and decide to order a new motor soon, as this hopefully will work with all my heli's.
stormforce is offline Find More Posts by stormforce
Last edited by stormforce; Jan 27, 2012 at 06:10 AM.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 06:10 AM
Joined Jan 2012
108 Posts
Hey. just found the 180 pro motors on think rc.com for $12.98 each
roadglidec is offline Find More Posts by roadglidec
Old Jan 27, 2012, 06:13 AM
United States, VA, Richmond
Joined Dec 2011
40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whizgig View Post
I also got some training gear for all of the heli's and an Imax ballance charger and a 6ch r/c control unit for the r/c simulator.
It was the best birthday I have ever had.
Happy late b-day! Well, that otta keep your heli-crack addition at bay for awhile
mikesoftail03 is offline Find More Posts by mikesoftail03
Old Jan 27, 2012, 06:36 AM
Eugene
Australia, VIC, Delacombe
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesoftail03 View Post
Happy late b-day! Well, that otta keep your heli-crack addition at bay for awhile
Thanks Mike, Yep I think it should.

I got the QS8006 and the SH8331 all trimed out today and flying perfect, the 4ch 8331 flys very well and the balance of the swash plate was vertualy perfect I ony had to do a very small adjustment and then it was fine.

Also just a note if anyone was going to get the QS8006 when you switch on the TX it has a safty function that isn't mentioned in the manual. You have to push the throttle stick to full and then back down to get the TX to conect to the heli and then you are fine. It took me a while to figure this out so I thought I had better mention it.
Whizgig is offline Find More Posts by Whizgig
Old Jan 27, 2012, 06:58 AM
Closed Account
Joined Nov 2011
1,246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadglidec View Post
Hey. just found the 180 pro motors on think rc.com for $12.98 each
...are you going to buy some?

I won't get mine for a week or two, so if you do, and install them let us know your recommendations of them.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 08:28 AM
Tom
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Dec 2011
255 Posts
I have a real problem now trying to go back and fly the 3ch copters. I've almost broken the left stick trying to use the rudder. Think flying those might bring back some bad habits, at least until I've fully mastered the 4ch. Wish they would make a 3ch where the rudder and throttle are on the same stick and the elevator on the right one (for mode 2). Then I could still play with the toy without relearning bad habits. I wonder if I could disassemble the tx and move sticks and wires around to accomplish that myself?
tom4416 is offline Find More Posts by tom4416
Old Jan 27, 2012, 08:46 AM
morris alabama
Joined Feb 2001
367 Posts
It can be done on some of the Doublehorse helis. Check the 9053 thread. It is an easy mod.
tigermoth is offline Find More Posts by tigermoth
Old Jan 27, 2012, 01:08 PM
Steve
United Kingdom, Staffordshire
Joined Jan 2012
156 Posts
Posting photo's

Hi all from the cold, wet & windswept UK . Can someone please tell me how to post a photo on to this thread.

Many thanks.
Chester1 is offline Find More Posts by Chester1
Old Jan 27, 2012, 01:37 PM
Steve
United Kingdom, Staffordshire
Joined Jan 2012
156 Posts
Ref last post, I think I may have sorted out how to upload. This is most of my fleet - comprising of;

D/H 9053 Volitation x 2
D/H 9104 x 2
D/H 9100
D/H 9116
Syma 2 ch
Syma S032g
Ansmann Air Taxi - large scale 4 ch co-ax
Ansmann Skywolf - large scale 5 ch co-ax
Ansmann Squadleader - 4 ch military style co-ax
Ansmann Mounty - 4 ch Lama style co-ax
Walkera Lama - 4 ch co-ax
E-Sky Lama V4 - 4 ch 4 ch co-ax
Eflite Blade CX2 - 4 ch co-ax
E-Sky Co-Commanche - 4 ch miltary co-ax
Syma S026 Chinook - 3 ch I/R

Also a couple not pictured - another D/H9104 brand new in box and a Syma S022 large scale chinook.

I have just sold a CX2, CX3, MSR, Blade 120SR, Twister Hawk and a Blade SR full CCPM as the wife was getting on my case a bit

Got my new 9116 yesterday and got it set up ready to go when we get some decent weather - had to set it up in the garage!!
Chester1 is offline Find More Posts by Chester1
Old Jan 27, 2012, 03:23 PM
morris alabama
Joined Feb 2001
367 Posts
Great looking machines.
tigermoth is offline Find More Posts by tigermoth
Old Jan 27, 2012, 04:13 PM
still a lot to learn!!!!
Australia, NSW, Laurieton
Joined Jan 2012
306 Posts
Hey Guys,
Had my 9053 for over two weeks now and think I am hooked with the RC helli's now. Ive done a huge amount of reading here and have learnt alot already.

Have gone ahead and ordered a FP 100 from hobby king, so I cn start to learn on a 4ch. Big plus I will be able to do it indoors as the weather of late has been pretty bad. Contemplating getting a 9116 also, so I can have a 4ch for outside.

The 9053 is proving to be quite tuff, in a big gust of wind yesterday I had a blade strike whilst about 25 mts up and nose dived into the road. Cracked the canopy which flew off. Bit of sticky tape and away it went. This is proving to be very addictive

My question with the 9116 is wether to go Mode 1 or Mode 2. I keep reading that Mode 1 is the way to go in Australia, however from what Ive read on this thread the guys here use Mode 2??? For those in Aus, most 9116 I see listed are Mode 1, where did you pick up your Mode 2's from

Cheers
Scott
Auflyer is offline Find More Posts by Auflyer
Old Jan 27, 2012, 05:03 PM
Closed Account
Joined Nov 2011
1,246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester1 View Post
Hi all from the cold, wet & windswept UK . Can someone please tell me how to post a photo on to this thread.

Many thanks.
You'll have to either setup a ftp server with your isp for webspace (you pay for it anyway, but most don't use it), or setup a photobucket account to upload your photo's from your computer onto their server, then get the webaddress (url) of the image, come back here, click on the "go advanced" button beneath where you post a quick reply, click on the image icon along the top in the tools, a pop-up will appear, copy and paste the url of the image you uploaded to your photobucket account and hit submit.

You don't have to use photobucket, there are many other free image servers, you just have to find one that suits you.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 05:12 PM
Crash and learn
United States, PA
Joined Dec 2011
1,605 Posts
Or just attach a photo.
Ribble is offline Find More Posts by Ribble
Old Jan 27, 2012, 05:14 PM
Closed Account
Joined Nov 2011
1,246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auflyer View Post
Hey Guys,
Had my 9053 for over two weeks now and think I am hooked with the RC helli's now. Ive done a huge amount of reading here and have learnt alot already.

Have gone ahead and ordered a FP 100 from hobby king, so I cn start to learn on a 4ch. Big plus I will be able to do it indoors as the weather of late has been pretty bad. Contemplating getting a 9116 also, so I can have a 4ch for outside.

The 9053 is proving to be quite tuff, in a big gust of wind yesterday I had a blade strike whilst about 25 mts up and nose dived into the road. Cracked the canopy which flew off. Bit of sticky tape and away it went. This is proving to be very addictive

My question with the 9116 is whether to go Mode 1 or Mode 2. I keep reading that Mode 1 is the way to go in Australia, however from what Ive read on this thread the guys here use Mode 2??? For those in Aus, most 9116 I see listed are Mode 1, where did you pick up your Mode 2's from

Cheers
Scott
Hey Scott,

It's great to have another local on board, I'm up near Inverell, which by the distance under your name is only 273kms from me, so if you need urgent emergency parts for your 9116 when you get it, you can always ask if I have them in stock, plus I work for Aust. Post, so I might be able to get them there quicker than normal (I'm real good with our truck drivers, they will unofficially take urgent stufff with them in the truck cab and transfer it between drivers at the mail distribution centre, heaps quicker than Aust. Post can sort, for the price of a 6 pack, turn around is usually 6 hours within a 500km radius).

Mode 2 seems to be the norm now, but the biggest problem I've found is you have to ask for a particular TX mode, otherwise you get "pot luck". I was lucky getting a 9116 tx in mode 2 as I didn't ask and it wasn't listed as such. But since the 9116 TX has mode 1 or 2 programmed into it, you will just need to physically transfer the return springs over to the preferred stick to physically make it a mode 1 or 2, which isn't overly difficult. I usually buy from either Hobby-warehouse or superhobbystore on ebay, both are based in western sydney, so the delivery period is usually 3 - 5 days to me.

Mode 1 was the accepted norm here in Oz, taking after Europe and the U.K, but I think the trend towards mode 2, is the sticks closely mimic the controls of a real heli. I find mode 2 more instinctive, having the throttle and rudder controls on the left stick and the cyclic and aileron sticks on the right.

But each to their own...
Last edited by stormforce; Jan 27, 2012 at 05:27 PM.
Closed Thread