New Products Flash Sale
Old May 18, 2015, 08:25 PM
Find More Posts by VenomousElite
Joined Apr 2014
11 Posts
Discussion
Faulty Control Board? Please help

Hi, I am new to multirotors but I have been in the RC hobby for many years. I ordered my first set of electronics recently and have been putting it all together. After all the connections were made and all has been soldered, I went to plug the control board into my computer to make sure everything looks right. The software recognizes the control board, and reads its orientation. However, it doesn't read the controls from the radio going to the receiver. The radio is bound to the receiver and i have also tried another radio and receiver to make sure it wasn't a bad receiver. The receiver light is solid showing that it is bound and connected. But when the radios sticks are moved, nothing happens. I was successful in sending a signal to the motors from the software but that is pretty much it. I am using an Armattan Mullet Acro Naze32 rev5 flight controller along with a Spektrum AR400 for my receiver and a Spektrum DX5E for my radio. Can this be a bad control board? Could i have wired it the wrong way? Thank you and all help is very much appreciated.
VenomousElite is offline Find More Posts by VenomousElite
to remove ads between posts
Old May 18, 2015, 08:54 PM
Find More Posts by freechip
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
26,071 Posts
You could have the orientation of the servo leads Rx to FC reversed but don't think it would give you solid orange LED indicating connection to Tx....

On some FC you need to set the type of Rx used, do you have something like this on yours? If you do try using traditional...
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip
Old May 18, 2015, 09:30 PM
Find More Posts by VenomousElite
Joined Apr 2014
11 Posts
Is there a risk of frying anything if I turn the servo leads around? The receiver wasn't solid the entire time. I had moments when the receiver light would flash and flicker, which didn't seem normal.
VenomousElite is offline Find More Posts by VenomousElite
Old May 19, 2015, 05:59 AM
Find More Posts by freechip
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
26,071 Posts
With today's Servo Lead the Positive lead is in the middle of the connector so reverse it still leaves the + lead in the middle, it's won't "fry" it just doesn't work...

You should have SOLID ORANGE LED on Main & Remote Receivers....
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip