Find More Posts by alligator
alligator
Venice Fl.
Joined Jul 2004
199 Posts
Discussion
Wi fi Tx Module Replacement Question

Hi All,
I was wondering if it was absolutely necessary to perform a firmware update after replacement of the Wi-fi module on a P2V+..
I have successfully performed the necessary binding process between the new module and extender unit, and have a Wi-Fi connection between the two, however, I've also found that once the camera opens I'm unable to control the up/down function or receive all available telemetry info. with the exception of Wi-Fi signal strength, and extender battery % values.
I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling the Camera App. and rebooting the entire system to no avail. I hadn't remembered seeing any info. relating to performing any firmware updates etc., but simply had wanted to confirm before sending back the module.
POI, I have successfully operated the camera on a second model using my device a ( 2013 Nexus 7), as well as successfully been able to operate the camera on that particular model without any such issue. A bit perplexing, but I may have somehow missed the obvious here. : ) Thanks.
alligator is online now Find More Posts by alligator
to remove ads between posts