HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 07, 2015, 09:56 AM
Addicted To Flying Foam
United States, NE, Bennington
Joined Jan 2010
4,950 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahram72 View Post
Wow, yeah, one or two able bodied men can get out but it capsized quickly. I can see some drownings if that were a family of four. I guess it's better than crashing! I deliver on an airport route so I was eyeing some real SR22's up close and they are beautiful. Do they still make the Dynam model of this? I can't find it anywhere. I know there is a larger fiberglass version, but that's expensive and I'll be afraid to fly it.
Yes, it's available...

http://www.nitroplanes.com/60a-dy893...Ig2RoCEwvw_wcB

Kman
kman24 is online now Find More Posts by kman24
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 08, 2015, 10:03 AM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,880 Posts
Thanks, Kman, but it says out of stock. That would have been perfect. It looks to me like it's out everywhere which means it's probably discontinued. Hopefully I'm wrong. My other choice is the Great Planes 70' version with fiberglass fuse. It's expensive but not out of reach. It's time I got a "real" plane. But the problem will be storing and transporting the thing. I have a car, not a truck. don't think you could get it in an SUV anyway with the wings on. Wife has an SUV, but I prefer to take my comfortable car on the long ride to the club field.
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Feb 08, 2015, 10:36 AM
Addicted To Flying Foam
Joined Jan 2010
4,950 Posts
Whoops, I didn't see that it was out of stock

I know it's not the SR, but another similar plane is the Flyzone Cessna 350...

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXCKXG&P=ML

Kman
Old Feb 15, 2015, 12:56 PM
United States, NJ, Dunellen
Joined Aug 2014
456 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahram72 View Post
Thanks, Kman, but it says out of stock. That would have been perfect. It looks to me like it's out everywhere which means it's probably discontinued. Hopefully I'm wrong. My other choice is the Great Planes 70' version with fiberglass fuse. It's expensive but not out of reach. It's time I got a "real" plane. But the problem will be storing and transporting the thing. I have a car, not a truck. don't think you could get it in an SUV anyway with the wings on. Wife has an SUV, but I prefer to take my comfortable car on the long ride to the club field.
I would hate for this plane to be discontinued. But you could build it for a good price. Graysonhobby , Nitroplanes usually have the fuselage and wings for about $20 each. Motion RC usually sells the motor for a nice price. Grayson , Nitroplanes/ Hobbypartz also sell the motor. I usually get the props from Grayson or MotionRC for a good price.

The one thing I cannot find ANYWHERE is the nose gear!!! I broke the push rod arm on my nose gear and I glued foam around the it to keep it solid and straight. It works fine the way it is because I don't have to taxi it around . I just put it down and and takeoff in a big parking lot. I just put it down poi ted in the direction I need it to go and it pretty much follows a straight enough path. I can also guide it with the Rudder once I have enough speed.

But I still really want to find nose gear for this plane. I can't find it anywhere . Im getting a little desperate I was thinking of trying to install my old G KEMY nose gear. Dont know if that eill connect to the pushrod but it's worth a try when my glue hack job starts to fail.

I've had about 15 flights with it since breaking the nise gear so my quick fix works but I would prefer if I could use a good nose gear.

I ordered the landing gear struts from Grayson hoping it would have the pushrod arm but it did not . Just the struts. I need to order the gear .
shonmac is online now Find More Posts by shonmac
Old Feb 27, 2015, 01:55 PM
Joined Aug 2014
456 Posts
I was having a very difficult time trying to see the SR in the sky this time of year. So I decided to paint the canopy windows again. I really wanted to keep it stock but it was just getting lost in the clouds .
Old Feb 27, 2015, 02:46 PM
Addicted To Flying Foam
Joined Jan 2010
4,950 Posts
Nice fleet there, shonmac!

Kman
Old Feb 27, 2015, 06:09 PM
Joined Aug 2014
456 Posts
Thanks Kman!

Only the Cub and SR made it back in one piece today. Lol the T 28 and the G KEMY weren't so lucky
Old Feb 27, 2015, 06:50 PM
Addicted To Flying Foam
Joined Jan 2010
4,950 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shonmac View Post
Thanks Kman!

Only the Cub and SR made it back in one piece today. Lol the T 28 and the G KEMY weren't so lucky
That's what's great about foam planes. Fly em, crash em, repair em till they are shot. Then get new ones I have been slowly moving into the balsa world of planes. Haven't crashed one of them, yet.

Kman
Old Feb 27, 2015, 07:21 PM
Joined Aug 2014
456 Posts
I have my eye on the Dynam Sukhoi. Once I get the feel for a plane like that I want something like a Balsa Edge 540. I sometimes fly with a guy that has a Balsa sport plane and I really like the look of them.

The T 28 just wouldn't fly true today. I think it's time to replace it.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 09:19 PM
Addicted To Flying Foam
Joined Jan 2010
4,950 Posts
I am thinking I may replace my SR with an FMS Sky Trainer. I have a kit that I bought several years ago that is still in a box that has no electronics. I think I may transfer the goods over and retire the SR, minus the motor which is pretty much shot.

Kman
Old Feb 27, 2015, 11:15 PM
Joined Aug 2014
456 Posts
I like the shock absorbing nose gear strut and the new motor for the Sky Trainer. Does not fly like a trainer though and has a pretty long glide path. My Flaps don't want to work so I have to deal with the insane glide path , for now.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 11:34 PM
Addicted To Flying Foam
Joined Jan 2010
4,950 Posts
The kit I bought didn't have the shock absorbing strut. But, I did buy one separately for it here recently Just a matter of finding time to put it together. Maybe later this spring.

Kman
Old Yesterday, 11:53 PM
Joined Aug 2014
456 Posts
Two hard crashes with the G KEMY and the shock absorbing srut is ruined. Flew it in too great of a wind . I will order a replacement and stay out of the wind with that one. I put my old Sky Trainer nose gear on the SR 22. Cross wind landing basically destroyed what was left of the SR22 gear