SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 02, 2015, 09:06 PM
Cottonwood Arizona
Joined Aug 2003
632 Posts
The Dynam retracts all have the pause before they are ready to cycle - nothing wrong there.
topher39 is offline Find More Posts by topher39
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 02, 2015, 09:23 PM
United States, NM, Clovis
Joined Oct 2011
3,988 Posts
+1 on the retract pause...they all seem to do it and it is normal for the dynam retracts.
DamonH is online now Find More Posts by DamonH
Old Mar 02, 2015, 10:14 PM
Gorilla Glue Expert
United States, PA, Doylestown
Joined Sep 2010
2,934 Posts
All good.....

But that slow start up is funky. Like you guys say, it's normal - but it sure is weird the first few times. Now that I'm aware this is how it is, I don't worry about it - especially since they have worked perfectly over the 3 landings they have on 'em now .

Got a perfect day coming up tomorrow, and the Meteor is good to go.
PikeStaff is online now Find More Posts by PikeStaff
Old Mar 02, 2015, 10:46 PM
Joined Dec 2008
1,680 Posts
Ok I just realized the nose gear retract does work but both mains never even cycled . One of them moved halfway out once . The leads were flattened as thin as paper so they somehow got crushed on the assembly line . Like I said I did email motionrc but they never did reply . I realize the Eflites are over priced but at least if they screw up I can return them to the LHS . Just my luck , I'm ALWAYS the guy who gets the effed up part (s) in fact when I first ordered the plane I waited for the usual 3 weeks and finally I checked the website tracking and it said package returned to shipper (wrong weight ) . Then the waiting process all over again . So when it finally did show up it was very frustrating to find the main gear not responding .
pencon is offline Find More Posts by pencon
Last edited by pencon; Mar 02, 2015 at 10:53 PM.
Old Yesterday, 09:39 PM
Gorilla Glue Expert
United States, PA, Doylestown
Joined Sep 2010
2,934 Posts
3 more ups, 3 more eeeeezy landings. ZERO retract issues - none. The grass here is no trouble at all.

One of the guys here, a 3D flyer with a pronounced contempt for foam planes, spent several minutes scoping out the Meteor. Couldn't believe it was a 5 bladed fan, and offered out that the plane "sounded really good". I agree - it sure doesn't sound like any other 5 blade I have, and it does sound good.

This is a neat plane. Not as quick as the little Stinger, but a bunch easier to see, and the size makes it a lot less twitchy.
PikeStaff is online now Find More Posts by PikeStaff
Old Yesterday, 10:17 PM
I'm not lost, they are
Co.
Joined Jan 2005
1,596 Posts
I went from a heavy 6s setup in my Meteor (Tacon 2550kv and stock fan, 80 amp esc, 6s 3300, pretty insane) to a lite setup for fun. 6s 2200, 2200kv edf and motor out of an LX F-4 and a 55 amp Trust esc. 47 amps and about 1000 watts. Flew it twice so far and its just so lite and floaty but still has some punch. Added a thrust nozzle but haven't had a chance to try it as of yet.

The Meteor has become my test bed for various setups. This is its fourth
pullup! is online now Find More Posts by pullup!