HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 22, 2014, 12:45 AM
Joined Feb 2014
35 Posts
Dave,

Have you tried any of your indoor MyFObug designs with luff/camber, and/or dihedral? I'm wondering how much and how well it will work at indoor heights.

I'm thinking of trying a version in the 24" to 36" range for an indoor RET trainer (have gym somewhat larger than a full size basketball court available most of the week).

My lightest gear is about 3 1/2 oz. using 2s not counting airframe, so target AUW will be about 7oz or less if possible. I probably need a larger plane for orientation, but do want to try to keep it slow yet nimble and fun as I gain experience.
GottaZoom is offline Find More Posts by GottaZoom
to remove ads between posts
Old May 04, 2014, 04:33 AM
Ashford. Kent. England
Joined Feb 2005
6,829 Posts
dihedral works fine to add stability, while still keeping manoeuvrability.. 20degrees at the centre works well..

not tried camber

best indoor sizes sub 20 , but with your gear 24 will be best.. for the small ones you need smaller gear.... 1811 motor, a light RX and servos....... for the 24 fly it outside if the hall is too small
davereap is offline Find More Posts by davereap
Old May 04, 2014, 11:11 PM
Joined Feb 2014
35 Posts
Thanks. I'm going to try a 24" nutball with a bumper. And next a larger Bug. Got 5g rx & servos but I do need a small motor & ESC before I can get much lighter. Well, those and cells.
GottaZoom is offline Find More Posts by GottaZoom