HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 11, 2014, 02:59 AM
gizzo don't tweet
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Jan 2008
3,002 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezza View Post
I keep telling Tim he has job security. As more guys get these, more of their friends will want them. To bad we can't clone Tim. We need more Gizmos!
I think he has a cunning plan...By the time Tim gets to the end of he list, the early adopters will have wrecked theirs and be needing another, so he can start the cycle over, and have work for life! He's a smart man.
gizzo is online now Find More Posts by gizzo
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 11, 2014, 03:53 AM
ETS....Energy retention system
gold coast australia
Joined Aug 2008
5,330 Posts
Wow sounds like epic fun doc.... Wouldn't be a bad spot to have a gizmo fest one year . Has anyone got video of you flying any of the G team over there ??

Yes ezza , some days I really wish I had a few of me , but that would be chaos is the world big enough for more slope crazed idiots like me ???

Pope.. There will be quiet a few cutting through all of the foamies , but sorry no spare ones for sale. Due to the list I'm honouring
BUT I will be donating a gizlite to the prize pool . So you have about 1/100 chance of going home with that or like last year... stehl had a fight with dan , stehl won , and well let's just say I didn't go home with my pretty pink gizmo he is the kind of bloke you just say yes sir to . ( he drives an explosives truck)

Gizzo....... Never really planned it like that , maybe I should put my self at the end of the list ??? Might speed up the process
timbuck is offline Find More Posts by timbuck
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Gizmo 36 pics
Old Aug 11, 2014, 04:00 AM
Dave Pope Manawatu NZ
Palmerston North NZ
Joined Dec 2006
1,206 Posts
wow 1 in 100, thats better odds than lotto so you never know. will keep fingers crossed, same as kev's burner.
pope is offline Find More Posts by pope
Old Aug 11, 2014, 04:02 AM
Dave Pope Manawatu NZ
Palmerston North NZ
Joined Dec 2006
1,206 Posts
Tim maybe bring the molds and we will make one there. lol.
pope is offline Find More Posts by pope
Old Aug 11, 2014, 04:26 AM
gold coast australia
Joined Aug 2008
5,330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pope View Post
Tim maybe bring the molds and we will make one there. lol.
Ha ha. They would go missing for sure it will be nice to spend a few days with out seeing moulds.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 11, 2014, 08:07 AM
Heinkel me up baby
Australia, VIC, Leongatha
Joined Dec 2009
485 Posts
If they go missing dont bother asking me where they are....

Ant
anthonyd is online now Find More Posts by anthonyd
Old Aug 13, 2014, 12:29 AM
Addicted to carbon and speed
Australia, QLD, Tingalpa
Joined Jul 2013
126 Posts
Got to give my carbon Gizmo a thorough workout at Beechmont today. It took me several attempts to get it airborne, but found I had to let it fly itself away and get up to speed before leaning on the controls.

The wind wasn't quite enough for this 600g Giz, but when it hit 10kts it settled in with nice carving passes of the slope, and it was cutting through the turbulence really well. It felt a little heavy in the turns when the wind and speed dropped, kinda like the Windburner. The rolls left and right we're almost axial, just a tiny amount of down to keep it straight. Inverted flies level, no stick at all, and I noticed it wanting to tuck a little on pump turns when the speed was up. 3 good flights and 3 really good landings, just like Tim does it, little hyper stall, was easy - way easier than launching!

Thanks, Tim! I feel like it's sorted and I'm comfy with it for some DS in the near future
Soaring Junkie is offline Find More Posts by Soaring Junkie
Old Aug 13, 2014, 12:50 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Feb 2002
1,018 Posts
Excellent Brent ! Good to hear you had some nice flights (and good landings) - and no radio problems !!

Now, what colour is the underside of that thing (seeing as I just picked up my new double-carbon gizlite, with fluoro yellow topside )...
Geoff_S is online now Find More Posts by Geoff_S
Old Aug 13, 2014, 06:34 AM
gold coast australia
Joined Aug 2008
5,330 Posts
It's metalic blue I think ??

Great to here you got it flying well , does sound like your tail heavy a fraction. Put 5c on the nose next flight.
I'm not surprised it was only cruising around today as the wind was very south.... To south to get good conditions at beechmont , and for 600g 10 knots barely get the engine going . Wait till you get 20+ yeeeehaaaaa

I'm getting more consistent results doing double carbon gizlites , the thicker skin helps them come out of the molds. and makes for a very very strong light sloper.
RTF still come out at 350g. Doesn't add much weight at all. I might have to add a few $$$ to them for the extra carbon
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 13, 2014, 09:20 AM
Arrarrar!
Australia, NSW, Wagga Wagga
Joined Jan 2010
3,272 Posts
I reckon you should be doing them all with the foam core Tim, even the record chasers. I used to love how tough my old heavy vac bagged designs were, to have that toughness and fully moulded slippery is just great for a sloper- almost as good as the ampreg I guess, but without all its hassles.
Cheers
josh18 is offline Find More Posts by josh18