HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 14, 2012, 05:58 AM
Australia, QLD, Booyal
Joined Aug 2011
985 Posts
Discussion
Park zone t28 vs FMS t28

Hi guys. I want to get a warbird and thought that the t28 would be a good start. Is there much difference between them in flight chacteristics? And what about quality with the fms one? Any help will be appreciated

Scrubmonkey
scrubmonkey is offline Find More Posts by scrubmonkey
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 14, 2012, 06:04 AM
United States, GA, Perry
Joined Jul 2011
470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrubmonkey View Post
Hi guys. I want to get a warbird and thought that the t28 would be a good start. Is there much difference between them in flight chacteristics? And what about quality with the fms one? Any help will be appreciated

Scrubmonkey
Parkzone all the way. What is you skill level?
Pyrofan is offline Find More Posts by Pyrofan
Old Mar 14, 2012, 05:14 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,520 Posts
Can't comment on the FMS models but will say the PKZ have amazing models. You would not be gambling with the PKZ version, it was very popular.
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip
Old Mar 14, 2012, 06:08 PM
Australia, QLD, Booyal
Joined Aug 2011
985 Posts
I can fly the Skyartec Cessna all out. There Is a warbird weekend at the club in a couple of months and want one to fly their. It would be my third (hustler mkiii, Cessna, and what Evers next to my addiction)
Old Mar 15, 2012, 04:29 AM
Norway, Akershus, Frogner
Joined Jun 2010
920 Posts
Wich FMS T28, the 80cm one or the 140cm one?
A flying buddy at the field has the 140cm one and PZ one. And he sais the FMS flies really well, it visibly tracks better then the PZ T28 Lands a little faster the the PZ. It also has retracts and flaps and is just way more detailed.
The PZ T28 is smaller (112cm) and allot more simple but flies very well. Have this one myself and it flies very nice.

The 80cm FMS T28 i am not familiar with. The PZ is then bigger and a little heavier so should handle wind a little better. But how the total package is i am not sure. The PZ T28 is 100% ready to fly once you put in the battery. No CG problems or whatever.

If you want to be on the safe side. Then just go for the T28 from ParkZone. It's a proven plane, and as you can see on the forums here very much liked. But the new FMS planes are certainly good too.

Hope this was of some use.
Coenraad is offline Find More Posts by Coenraad
Old Mar 15, 2012, 06:29 PM
Australia, QLD, Booyal
Joined Aug 2011
985 Posts
I am on a pretty tight budget (around the $150 mark). I am also playing on using it at the local school field as well.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 10:03 PM
that's gonna leave a scar
United States, NC, Mooresville
Joined Aug 2007
3,454 Posts
i have the FMS/Airfield 800mm T-28

very nice plane. flies perfect !!! only problem is maybe getting replacement parts for it !!! i got it from nitroplanes....seems they are going away from this brand.
KCinNC is offline Find More Posts by KCinNC
Old Mar 20, 2012, 04:39 AM
Norway, Akershus, Frogner
Joined Jun 2010
920 Posts
Bananahobby also sells FMS/Airfield. Maybe they have more parts?
Coenraad is offline Find More Posts by Coenraad
Old Mar 20, 2012, 06:53 AM
United States, NJ, Lodi
Joined Jan 2012
968 Posts
you can add sky angel t-28 to list also if you want. it is smaller (around 30") but fast. belly lander. for around $150 you could get 2 of them ($80 each + free shipping over $100 right now at BH). they have other planes in the line if you want to get 1 t-28 and another plane instead for the 2nd. i can't comment on this one as i have it on order and haven't received it yet but i have the F4F from the line and love it.
http://www.bananahobby.com/2140.html

for the free shipping see pic below.

forum thread on it here
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1371681&page=8

Sky Angels Mini War Bird ~ T-28 Trojan (6 min 57 sec)
Syner01 is offline Find More Posts by Syner01