+1 on the Twisted Hobby's Power Combo!!
JForbes is offline Find More Posts by JForbes
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 15, 2013, 12:58 PM
Whatever goes up must go BOOM
United States, OH, Kent
Joined Mar 2012
2,115 Posts
First off, if you dont feel like reading a long post, just skip this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloosee View Post
You're 12 years old and in a club, that's awesome, keep flying
Yep, joined 2 years ago, a week after that my dad bough me Realflight G5 (newest at the time) and I got hooked on 3D. Of course I had to get a trainer first, my first plane was the Apprentice from E-Flite, I still have it and will train my dad on it soon (not kidding). Of course I will keep flying (duh ) and I hope to get a career in RC, maybe like with HH or something. I also wish to go further with 3D.......though for my age and time in the hobby I think I am pretty far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100mph View Post
Welcome to rc groups joker24458, I started flying 3D when I was twelve,I'm 16 now. The crack yak lite flies pretty good outdoors in a 0-8 mph wind. The original can fly in higher winds because its a little heavier. you should get the original crack yak if your're flying outdoors. Here's a video of my crack yak in light wind:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6e6dJqEUSs
Cool, I know you started flying 3D at the age of 12, but when did you officially start flying? BTW that was some nice flying, specially in the wind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JForbes View Post
I'm sure you'll get some more snow over there... get to shovelin'... that will earn you enough for a Crack Yak in no time. lol... j/k man. Best of luck. I like the slick, but if you're already into 3D, and want the "hard core" ability, I'd say the Yak is the better option, from what I've heard.

The plane in your avatar, how do you like it? I was tempted to get one, but decided against it after reading some bad reviews.
I hope we will get more snow (well kind of, snow = money BUT also limited flying outdoors).......but yes I did get about 40 bucks from shoveling this winter. As for the plane in my avatar, the Eflite Edge 540QQ, yes, there were some QC problems at first but they are basically non-existent now. One bad thing I have heard though is that the prop breaks very easily and the bind plugs are hard to short (I guess that makes it two things). The prop can be swapped out for a GWS 7035, but an adapter is needed. Anyways, my dad is getting that for me at the 2013 Weak Signals Expo......might decide to go with the Crack Yak instead of the Eflite Edge???

Quote:
Originally Posted by flygilmore View Post
Get the matching power combo.....lite combo if you go CY lite and regular for the standard CY.
Yep, I am going to use the regular power combo. Might get the Crack Yak Lite and the Mini in the future to complete the fleet.

Ok, so you guys will most likely not be hearing from me until Monday, have to go to NYC in like an hour because my sister is obsessed with the Phantom of the Opera (Broadway) and her favorite actress is going to play Christine (this will not make any sense if you dont know what the Phantom of the Opera is). Well, I'll definitely have to get a Crack Yak soon, got to finish up the last bit of packing (yeah, procrastinator.......but not with plane stuff ). See ya.

Oh yeah and BTW I will be going to 2013 Weak Signals this year, I think I mentioned that already, but will Twisted Hobbies be there? Thanks.

-joker
joker24458 is online now Find More Posts by joker24458
Old Feb 15, 2013, 01:09 PM
Parkfly Padawan
United States, PA, Waynesburg
Joined Aug 2011
937 Posts
Hey, if you're headed to NYC, just stop by and Visit Brad and the Twisted Crew... they're not too far out of your way, I bet. lol....
JForbes is offline Find More Posts by JForbes
Old Feb 15, 2013, 02:34 PM
SoCal fair weather flyer
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jan 2012
2,594 Posts
Got my first flight in today with the new 80g "crack series" motor on my 3D Buster. Wow, loving this motor, I could tell right away this was a good one, sounded better and "felt" better than the TW "Budget" motor I was running from the power combo. All of a sudden I love the 3D Buster even more

I had to use an 11X5.5e prop, since that's all I had, as soon as I can get a SF I'll try that one and compare. I think the "e" prop makes if feel more balsa like, hauls ass!
Bloosee is offline Find More Posts by Bloosee
Old Feb 16, 2013, 05:43 AM
Don't worry be happy :)
Joined Sep 2001
642 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by swampflyer View Post
rudders!

anyone gets them done and cares to share, i'd love to see how ya did it, how it flew, etc.
Ready for maiden!
The rudder added a lot to the weight, though.
I was in a rush so I used stock hardware for the rudder and 3x6.5 grams servos.
I also used a 19 gram motor with 10 A ESC.

Stark is offline Find More Posts by Stark
Old Feb 16, 2013, 07:55 AM
United States, GA, Lawrenceville
Joined Jun 2003
7,565 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JForbes View Post
Hey, if you're headed to NYC, just stop by and Visit Brad and the Twisted Crew... they're not too far out of your way, I bet. lol....
Well I lived in NYC and worked in NJ and Brad was still a bit ways out. But hey Brad is a kewl guy...

From northern NJ brad was 40 minutes out if your coming into NJ via the lincoln tunnel.
livinma1 is offline Find More Posts by livinma1
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 16, 2013, 10:24 AM
Twisted Do Nut!
Fort Worth
Joined Dec 2010
2,340 Posts
Looks good Stark. How does it fly?
KamikazePilot is offline Find More Posts by KamikazePilot
Old Feb 16, 2013, 11:34 AM
Don't worry be happy :)
Joined Sep 2001
642 Posts
It was an interesting experience to fly the plane indoors!
The rudders are not very effective despite the big size and adequate travet.
It is also slightly too heavy at about 4,5 oz.
I will fly the plane outside and then decide how to proceed. I have the T-Motor AT2204 with a Techone 7A ESC that would save some weight.
Stark is offline Find More Posts by Stark
Old Feb 16, 2013, 12:16 PM
Slopeaholic
Joined May 2011
3,639 Posts
Well I had an evening in the park with the Pitts. And who should turn up but the area manager of Hobbyking UK. He bought one of his new toy cars.
He was most impressed with the Pitts, but who wouldn't be! Even in 10mph!
jimbo320 is offline Find More Posts by jimbo320
Old Feb 17, 2013, 01:38 AM
Registered Addict
United Kingdom, Stoke-on-Trent
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo320 View Post
Well I had an evening in the park with the Pitts. And who should turn up but the area manager of Hobbyking UK. He bought one of his new toy cars.
He was most impressed with the Pitts, but who wouldn't be! Even in 10mph!
What toy did he bring anything interesting ?
Kris... is offline Find More Posts by Kris...
Old Feb 17, 2013, 06:01 AM
Slopeaholic
Joined May 2011
3,639 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris... View Post
What toy did he bring anything interesting ?
Some big car, not sure didnt really look. He was more interested in the pitts. Wind was about 10mph, which was good knife edge practice. I hope i showed the pitts in a good light!

Red Sky At Night - Shepherds Delight (5 min 1 sec)
Old Feb 17, 2013, 08:56 AM
Registered Addict
United Kingdom, Stoke-on-Trent
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo320 View Post
Some big car, not sure didnt really look. He was more interested in the pitts. Wind was about 10mph, which was good knife edge practice. I hope i showed the pitts in a good light!

http://vimeo.com/59832255
Probably sizing it up for a HK copy
Kris... is offline Find More Posts by Kris...
Old Feb 18, 2013, 10:15 AM
Slopeaholic
Joined May 2011
3,639 Posts
Guys, The fox showed up again again in my garden, base coats is on now, just the red colour scheme to go now, getting towards finally finshing this long winter project now

Looking foxy by slopeflyer12, on Flickr
Old Feb 18, 2013, 01:19 PM
Endangered User
United States, FL, Casselberry
Joined Jul 2002
1,307 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris... View Post
Probably sizing it up for a HK copy
Yup. Stand by for the new CopyKing CrackPots Biplane!
MattLarson29 is offline Find More Posts by MattLarson29
Old Feb 18, 2013, 01:33 PM
Pro Bro #1963
Joined Mar 2004
752 Posts
Got that right!!!
flygilmore is offline Find More Posts by flygilmore