HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 18, 2011, 10:56 AM
Joined Sep 2010
1 Posts
Own this plane, lots of fun at small park!
ralphiethepug is offline Find More Posts by ralphiethepug
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 18, 2011, 01:56 PM
WV
Joined Jun 2010
128 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Workman View Post
$10K ?? Let's keep the background chatter from the peanut gallary on the subject on video??
Do what?!
Tinytacohead is offline Find More Posts by Tinytacohead
Old Nov 18, 2011, 05:35 PM
Central Illinois
Joined Aug 2003
76 Posts
I bought one of these to fly in the gym this winter. I got to test it out tuesday night in the gym and it really flys well. Flys pretty similar to the Playmate I flew in the gym last year. Really don't seem to be lacking for power any and it would buzz around pretty good at WOT, but putting around at 1/4 throttle is where it really looks good IMO. Even with the excess dihedral....it sure put a big stupid grin on my face.
ckangaroo70 is offline Find More Posts by ckangaroo70
Old Feb 23, 2012, 05:51 PM
United States, MS, Picayune
Joined Dec 2011
162 Posts
Just received my plane today, but I ordered the TXR ready plane with the anylink adapter. I planned all along to use my Tactic TTX606 transmitter, (relegating the anylink as un-needed)but it although it will bind, I wanted to have the right stick control both the elevator and the rudder. Seems as if I can only have the right stick control the elevator and the left for the throttle/rudder.

Is what I'd like to do even possible??
mds47588 is offline Find More Posts by mds47588
Old Feb 23, 2012, 06:02 PM
If it's R/C, it's all good.
USA, WI, Wausau
Joined Jul 2005
1,044 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mds47588 View Post
Just received my plane today, but I ordered the TXR ready plane with the anylink adapter. I planned all along to use my Tactic TTX606 transmitter, (relegating the anylink as un-needed)but it although it will bind, I wanted to have the right stick control both the elevator and the rudder. Seems as if I can only have the right stick control the elevator and the left for the throttle/rudder.

Is what I'd like to do even possible??
Unless you have a computer radio and can mix it in on the other stick or reassign it, it seemsto be a flaw in the Anylink or the TXR system that forces you to use the left stick for rudder all the time.

My Parkzone stuff automatically corrects for that. Never had to worry about it. On the three channel micros, the rudder is on the right and on the four channels it's on the left right away.
hpiguy is offline Find More Posts by hpiguy
Old Feb 23, 2012, 07:41 PM
Joined Dec 2011
162 Posts
Exactly my thoughts, and that's why I'm just gonna deal with it I guess. I'm a true newbie to R/C and didn't have much luck on round I. I purchased a RTF plane that was a wee bit over my skill level, and then bought another identical replacement to fly when my skills improve. In the meantime, I got a Champ and have lotsa fun with that. My third plane is this Cub, so I'm gonna learn the rudder/throttle on the left and then my next plane I'm going (as of now) for the Sensei.

Thanks for reply!
Old Feb 24, 2012, 07:22 PM
Joined Dec 2011
162 Posts
Maidened it this evening. The winds were a bit higher than I woulda liked, but it all came back in one piece. Still not used to having the rudder on the left stick. Gonna see if someone may swap me Anylink for a Tactic TTX402...which is the transmitter that comes in the RTF bundle.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 07:57 PM
United States, NJ, Chatham
Joined Mar 2003
132 Posts
mds47588,

I modified a Tactic TTX404 transmitter to put the rudder on the right stick by removing the back of the case and cutting the
red white and black wires that are connected to the sticks and
reconnecting them to the opposite stick.This put the rudder on the right stick and aileron on the left.The trim controls stayed as before-rudder on left etc. Also the trims are now reversed so you have to move the trim lever left to get right trim on your plane.
baldy is offline Find More Posts by baldy
Old Feb 24, 2012, 09:15 PM
Joined Dec 2011
162 Posts
I have a TTX606, but not the 404 version. That's what I was using this evening. After getting used to flying the Champ with the traditional stick mapping tonight's flight was successful, but not pretty.
Old Feb 25, 2012, 09:44 AM
United States, NJ, Chatham
Joined Mar 2003
132 Posts
mds47588,

What I did to my 404 tx would also work on the 606.Sorry I did not make that clear but I thought it would be obvious.
baldy is offline Find More Posts by baldy
Old Mar 08, 2012, 07:25 AM
Joined Dec 2011
162 Posts
Finally got ot fly mine this morning with the transmitter that it woulda came with if I had bought the RTF package. (Thanx Ebay) Flew nice and stable and easily does loops as well.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 06:32 PM
Parchment, MI, U.S.A.
Joined Oct 2004
367 Posts
Just recieved the Tx ready version with free AnyLink. Instructions on how to bind totally SUCK. NOTHING stated in Cub manual, but from the AnyLink manual it appears I may have to disassemble the Cub to access the Rx? By removing the wing?
CorsairJock is offline Find More Posts by CorsairJock
Old Apr 15, 2012, 09:15 PM
United States, WV, Calhoun
Joined Nov 2004
509 Posts
I am not happy that the props are back ordered. And so far I have found no substitutes The props are outrageously priced. They probably cost 10 cents to make. Two for $4.49 is a just a rip off.

I talked to the Flyzone staff at the Toledo show and told them how I felt. They did not even know the props were back orders. Not a good answer. Then they blamed inventory control which was even a worse answer.

Too bad for them and too bad for the hobbyists.
skyhawk1 is offline Find More Posts by skyhawk1
Last edited by skyhawk1; Apr 16, 2012 at 06:50 AM.
Old Apr 16, 2012, 06:29 AM
Parchment, MI, U.S.A.
Joined Oct 2004
367 Posts
I managed to bind mine to a Tactic transmitter that I already had, but that i'sn't why I bought the 'bind n fly' version with free AnyLink: I want to use my Futaba 7C. The AnyLink instructions totally suck, and are all but worthless. The COULD have spent a few pennies more on paper, so they had room to print better/ more detailed instructions.

I'll stick with Horizon products from now on, never had a problem binding any of their models. The Tower/ Hobbico/ Great Planes conglomerate was slow to get on the electric band-wagon, and now they are slow to catch up.

BTW: maybe this is meant to be more of a beginner plane? Too bad, cause with all that dihedrawl and lack of rudder throw, it is really reluctant to turn at slow speeds.
CorsairJock is offline Find More Posts by CorsairJock
Old Apr 17, 2012, 11:03 AM
Chillicothe, OH
Joined Mar 2008
248 Posts
I bought the parts from Tower and put a champ brick and motor in the one I built. Also took some of the dihedral out. It is an outatanding flyer with all of the control needed and flies very well at 1/4 throttle. I get 20 minutes with nanotech 160's and never hit lvc. Mostly love to do touch and go's.
jwman is offline Find More Posts by jwman