HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 05:58 AM
Taylor Michigan
Joined Aug 2010
183 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarbirdFan66 View Post
Man that was bad luck, such a nice bird. But in the end its not that bad...why not buy the skidplate now, glue it on and paint it over and you will not see a thing, just and idea
Well, it did come with that belly protector for those who hand launched/belly landed but I never thought I would need it. Just a stroke of bad luck I guess, but for a bird that is almost 5 years old, I can't really complain.
Unrealpie is offline Find More Posts by Unrealpie
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 07:46 AM
Joined Jun 2012
1,675 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unrealpie View Post
Ha, Ive done it once myself, though I did not make it back into the air. lol

I lost a wheel in the air, and went to belly it in on the grass, flaps down halfway I was on the perfect approach. Just above stall speed the wind took her over about a foot and I just hit the Asphalt runway.
That does not look half as bad as my Bolt
Mine looks like it has been trough a war zone
The front of the fuselage blew off in a crash a few months ago and was glued back on with good ole gorilla glue
the wings have been broken, and repaired so many times that I lost count.
The cowl is cracked and scraped on the bottom
But ya know what, she flies most awesomely with the 4S set up that is on her.

My other buddy with his Bolt , his is prestine and looks great on the ground, in the air they both look the same as they fly by in formation.
foamyflyerr is online now Find More Posts by foamyflyerr
Old Yesterday, 08:37 AM
United States, NY, Queens
Joined Oct 2005
2,506 Posts
Yes, there is a certain cool factor to seeing several of the same plane fly by in formation. However, the flyers must take care not to loose track of which plane they are flying. A few years back we had 4 Gunfighter Mustangs fly in formation. One of the flyers lost track of which plane was his and thought he was flying one of the other planes. Since they were all following a pre-determined pattern, he thought that the plane was properly responding to his inputs. His plane went down in some tall weeds and was not damaged, but for several minutes he thought that he was flying a plane that was actually being controlled by a different flyer. He didn't realize his mistake until the flyer decided to land the Mustang and the plane no longer responded to the inputs that he was making. We all had a very good laugh.
Leo L is online now Find More Posts by Leo L
Old Yesterday, 01:25 PM
Joined Jun 2012
1,675 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo L View Post
Yes, there is a certain cool factor to seeing several of the same plane fly by in formation. However, the flyers must take care not to loose track of which plane they are flying. A few years back we had 4 Gunfighter Mustangs fly in formation. One of the flyers lost track of which plane was his and thought he was flying one of the other planes. Since they were all following a pre-determined pattern, he thought that the plane was properly responding to his inputs. His plane went down in some tall weeds and was not damaged, but for several minutes he thought that he was flying a plane that was actually being controlled by a different flyer. He didn't realize his mistake until the flyer decided to land the Mustang and the plane no longer responded to the inputs that he was making. We all had a very good laugh.
Know how that is
We had three VisionAires up at the same time the other day
all in close doing 3D moves
Got hard to follow my plane for a while
foamyflyerr is online now Find More Posts by foamyflyerr
Old Yesterday, 02:08 PM
High in the sunlit silence...
United States, CO, Greenwood Village
Joined Jun 2013
538 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by foamyflyerr View Post
The front of the fuselage blew off in a crash a few months ago and was glued back on with good ole gorilla glue

My other buddy with his Bolt , his is prestine and looks great on the ground, in the air they both look the same as they fly by in formation.
This model is very scale in its durability. Mine had a midair with a T-28 that was being flown randomly through the pattern. I landed it on the runaway. The cowl was shredded, the underside looked like it was had been in a Cuisinart, and a wheel rolled.on landing. Replaced the cowl and wheel, did a pre-flight, and took her up. Flies good as ever proudly wearing some red and white paint on the prop from the late Trojan. Makes you appreciate why pilots liked the Jug.
dogdoc1950 is offline Find More Posts by dogdoc1950
Old Yesterday, 04:16 PM
Taylor Michigan
Joined Aug 2010
183 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by foamyflyerr View Post

The only thing on my Bolt that is not box stock from when I bought it was the Prop, ive broken one or two of them. Ive never even had to replace the cowl which blows my mind for how many crosswind nose overs ive had.
Now hanger rash, well.. thats another story. She looks like shes been through hell.
This is the most recent photo of my girl, the day the motor died on me in the air :
Unrealpie is offline Find More Posts by Unrealpie