Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 30, 2012, 05:42 PM
Ridin' Air and a okie,USA
United States, OK, Enid
Joined Jan 2012
15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davehuge View Post
Does anyone know the full spec of the motor in the ST Models Blaze?

I've removed the motor but there's no markings on it at all.

This is all I got so far...

38mm Overall length (not including shaft)
20mm Can length
35mm Can diameter
1130kv
120g weight
4mm shaft

Does anyone have any more information?

Thanks, Dave.
Not much info is out there, you bout have the jest of it, mine pulls tic over 300watts around 27amps with a 10x6, just read with a 10x7 watts go up to about 375. After some odd 60 flights, it is a decent motor, but I am not sure that motor would handle 4s. What specifically info are you looking for?

cr
Crimzonrider is offline Find More Posts by Crimzonrider
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 31, 2012, 03:53 AM
France, Languedoc, Villar-Saint-Anselme
Joined Apr 2011
34 Posts
Thanks for your power readings.

The reason I'm asking is that my Blaze is "no more" due to a heavy crash (failed to pull out of fast dive).

I'm looking for a non foam sports glider/warm liner that would suit the motor and esc from the Blaze.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Dave.
davehuge is offline Find More Posts by davehuge
Old Feb 01, 2012, 10:05 AM
Ridin' Air and a okie,USA
United States, OK, Enid
Joined Jan 2012
15 Posts
Quote:

The reason I'm asking is that my Blaze is "no more" due to a heavy crash (failed to pull out of fast dive).

I'm looking for a non foam sports glider/warm liner that would suit the motor and esc from the Blaze.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Dave.
Srry ta hear.....
Im sure there are several models that it would fit, balsa or mouldie.
Seems that 35mm can is almost common in this size of bird. But to refer one, I dont have one.

IMO I wouldnt put the motor in a expensive mouldie, especially after fast diving nose landin.
But thats just me!
Cr
Crimzonrider is offline Find More Posts by Crimzonrider
Old Feb 08, 2012, 12:32 PM
Joined Apr 2011
47 Posts
Hello,

My Blaze seems to naturally roll to the left. I have tried trimming and setting the servo arms but it just keeps on rolling to the left when i centre the stick. Someone suggested to buy better quality servo's. If so any recommendations?

Thanks
Tom
maverick64 is offline Find More Posts by maverick64
Old Feb 08, 2012, 12:58 PM
Bye Bye VP Aug 2010 - Aug 2012
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jan 2005
5,933 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick64 View Post
Hello,

My Blaze seems to naturally roll to the left. I have tried trimming and setting the servo arms but it just keeps on rolling to the left when i centre the stick. Someone suggested to buy better quality servo's. If so any recommendations?

Thanks
Tom
Check the wings for warps and the v-tail for misalignment. All control surfaces should be in the neutral position with the stick centred. Not sure what you mean by 'setting the servos arms' but they should placed on the servos with the servos electrically centred.
Gerry__ is offline Find More Posts by Gerry__
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Foamie Resurrection
Old Feb 13, 2012, 08:44 PM
"ya can't get hurt in the air"
United States, NY, Cazenovia
Joined Oct 2009
192 Posts
Try balancing the Blaze laterally. Mine was way off. I didn't want to add weight so I balanced it by removed the heavy wire from the heavy wing tip and made a piece of thinner music wire to install in its place. Problem solved for me anyway. 150 flights later still going strong.
King Pin is offline Find More Posts by King Pin
Old Feb 17, 2012, 12:11 AM
Los Angeles, California
Joined Jul 2010
203 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaros View Post
So which is the overall best prop for this bird?

A branded 10x6?
10x7?
11x6?

Did not have one Blaze yet but I will soon get one and also get the Blizzard spinner and recommended prop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick64 View Post
Hello,

Thanks
Tom
Hi,

Mine did the same. A nickel attached to the wing undersurface with a bit of servo tape fixed this for me.
drjay is offline Find More Posts by drjay
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 17, 2012, 12:12 AM
Los Angeles, California
Joined Jul 2010
203 Posts
Quote:

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Dave.
Usually a glue gun will fix a foamie. A Moldie would be difficult to fix. Wood is also more time consuming and expensive than foam.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 17, 2012, 12:15 AM
Los Angeles, California
Joined Jul 2010
203 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BingWing View Post
Just maidened mine. Pretty happy.. Its FAR from a hotliner...more like a luke warmliner but its cheap and well build for the most part and will be an easy day to day plane. I got my as an review plane and I will be keeping it for sure. It will be one that just comes with us when we are away - The only worrying point is the ESC was SO hot it shut down on finals.. very very luck but this was with a 1300 15s pack ! An upgraded esc ( 40amp ) will be swaped before the next flight for sure. Anyone else had issues here ? I was going to use 3s 2200 35c as the fit and CG was spot on ! Thanks GOD i did not although its my fault as I should of not trusted the set up I should of put it on the emp meter but hey..it IS a plan n play set up
I had the same problem. I cut a few vent slits in the side and that cools it plenty.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 18, 2012, 02:31 AM
Staffordshire, UK
Joined Aug 2005
27 Posts
For sale

I have a blaze ep for sale if anyone should be interested. It's an ep kit but without the esc. The esc failed in a different glider.

It's never crashed and in good condition, slight hanger rash but nothing that's a problem.
Collection from Stone, staffs (uk)

I was hoping for £50.... Sorry to hijack the thread!
matada34 is offline Find More Posts by matada34
Old Feb 19, 2012, 06:08 AM
United Kingdom, Devon
Joined May 2009
5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by matada34 View Post
I have a blaze ep for sale if anyone should be interested. It's an ep kit but without the esc. The esc failed in a different glider.

It's never crashed and in good condition, slight hanger rash but nothing that's a problem.
Collection from Stone, staffs (uk)

I was hoping for £50.... Sorry to hijack the thread!
PM sent
gscmx3 is offline Find More Posts by gscmx3
Old Feb 22, 2012, 09:57 AM
The Flying Herb
Santa Barbara, California
Joined Jul 2007
416 Posts
Fast Dive Loses Aieleron Control

When I dive it down really fast.....the ailerons stop working!!!!!

Are the servos really weak?? I reinforced the surface with carbon fibre....but I think the servo too weak to hold them in place during a fast dive.

Any thoughts??

Herb
rstein9 is offline Find More Posts by rstein9
Old Feb 22, 2012, 10:22 AM
The Flying Herb
Santa Barbara, California
Joined Jul 2007
416 Posts
hey now....how did the servo replacement workout with the blaze?

my ship loses all aieleron control in a fast dive and i think the problem is weak wing servos??

your thoughts?
rstein9 is offline Find More Posts by rstein9
Old Feb 26, 2012, 05:10 PM
Low'n Slow is safest, right?
Norge, Østfold, Fredrikstad
Joined Jun 2011
553 Posts
Maidened my Blaze today :)

Maidened my Blaze today - my first sailplane, what a blast

ST Models Blaze maiden (3 min 30 sec)

Greetings from Norway,
KaiWE
KaiWE is offline Find More Posts by KaiWE
Old Mar 15, 2012, 08:10 AM
Low'n Slow is safest, right?
Norge, Østfold, Fredrikstad
Joined Jun 2011
553 Posts
Flew my Blaze today with an Eagletree logger and GPS. I logged 130kph (80mph) out of several dives, and hit 150kph at max. Since the Blaze is barely regarded a warmliner, what kind of speed can be expected from a true hotliner?

Greetings from Norway,
KaiWE
KaiWE is offline Find More Posts by KaiWE