SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio

Quanum Complete FPV Bundle Set

A Low Cost Way to get into FPV

Splash

Complete FPV Bundle for under $100

If you've been waiting to get into FPV because you thought it was too complex or too expensive, your excuses have just been shattered. The Quanum FPV bundle is here to make it easy and painless to put yourself in the cockpit or drivers seat. For the ground station you get an FPV friendly 4.3" monitor and a DIY goggle enclosure to block out the sun. On the air side, it comes with a 200mW video transmitter, a 480 line CCD camera, and circular polarized antennas. It's all plug and play with no soldering required. Just add a battery for the ground station and install the camera/transmitter on your r/c craft of choice and you're off and running, all for under $100. It's a pretty great deal and looks to be a perfect match for the mini copter racing scene that is popping up all over the place.

Learn more about the Quanum FPV Bundle Set at HobbyKing.

Old Nov 12, 2014, 02:26 PM
Find More Posts by Heppy Ket
What place .... is this ???
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Oct 2011
1,880 Posts
Looks a good deal, a word to the wise about the receiver, remember it will stop at a nearby channel when scanning, so be sure you are on the right channel before launching, or your picture will disappear quick smart, ask me how I found out Lol, a good deal though.
Heppy Ket is online now Find More Posts by Heppy Ket
Old Nov 12, 2014, 03:15 PM
Find More Posts by unitedheavy
unregistered pilot
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jan 2013
698 Posts
This one looks like a winner. The 32ch tx/rx is a big plus.
unitedheavy is offline Find More Posts by unitedheavy
Old Nov 12, 2014, 07:58 PM
Find More Posts by tmulligan
Tommy Toy the Crazy Boy
United States, AR, Jonesboro
Joined Mar 2013
813 Posts
For those of us who have to wear glasses, will the goggles fit around my glasses?
What is the quality of the image?
tmulligan is online now Find More Posts by tmulligan
Old Nov 12, 2014, 09:24 PM
Find More Posts by freemanhimself
Australia, NSW, Pennant Hills
Joined Oct 2014
475 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmulligan View Post
For those of us who have to wear glasses, will the goggles fit around my glasses?
These are pretty much the only FPV goggles that work well for people who need glasses for up close. Most guys also add ski goggles to them to increase the distance. Check out this thread here, tons of good info!

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2184050

Most guys also upgrade the screen, we are still hunting for a cheap 5inch screen that doesn't bluescreen, but you can get non blue screen monitors for about 80 bucks, which when added to the price still makes for incredible FPV gear for the money, IMO better even than the most expensive fat shark goggles.

(Note: we are looking for 5 inch screens with higher resolution, the included screen does not blue screen, however it is quite low res, about 480 pixels)
freemanhimself is online now Find More Posts by freemanhimself
Last edited by freemanhimself; Nov 13, 2014 at 03:19 PM.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 11:33 PM
Find More Posts by Suko
United States, WA, Mukilteo
Joined Apr 2013
1,226 Posts
And I JUST bought the quanum visor and the 900 mhz system last week. Damn my luck.
Suko is offline Find More Posts by Suko
Old Nov 12, 2014, 11:40 PM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Oct 2011
1,880 Posts
Quote:
The image is passable for the money 320x240 and you can hack the foam case to fit glasses, or add a ski mask, whichever suits you best. The link mentioned above is well worth the read.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 02:42 AM
Find More Posts by muscleflex
Leeds, UK
Joined Nov 2004
1,952 Posts
People often mention blue screening - what EXACTLY does it do and why is it important not to have a blue screening monitor?
muscleflex is offline Find More Posts by muscleflex
Old Nov 13, 2014, 02:42 AM
Leeds, UK
Joined Nov 2004
1,952 Posts
I have the first original version of this diy goggles by the way - from someone in the UK... not really used it much coz i'm concentrating on my heli
Old Nov 13, 2014, 03:46 AM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Oct 2011
1,880 Posts
Blue screen is a problem because once the incoming signal drops to an "unacceptable level" where you can see mostly static, it will turn a flat blue and wait for a better signal. That's not what you want to see at the edge of your FPV systems capability, because you can usually see enough through "the static" to rescue the situation.

The Quanum screen does not go blue, very important for FPV flying.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 04:21 AM
Leeds, UK
Joined Nov 2004
1,952 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heppy Ket View Post
Blue screen is a problem because once the incoming signal drops to an "unacceptable level" where you can see mostly static, it will turn a flat blue and wait for a better signal. That's not what you want to see at the edge of your FPV systems capability, because you can usually see enough through "the static" to rescue the situation.

The Quanum screen does not go blue, very important for FPV flying.
Ahh perfect explanation! Thanks! Now I know
Old Nov 13, 2014, 07:49 AM
Find More Posts by Joe P
Peotone,Il USA
Joined Apr 2004
209 Posts
Far sighted can't focus

Quote:
Doesn't work for me, I'm far sighted after cataract removal. The goggles can be notched out to kind of fit over glasses but then the are to short. I'm experimenting
with some cheep Walmart glasses built in but no results yet. If they made the slightly
longer it would solve a lot of problems. Check out the other thread for more ideas.

Joe
Joe P is offline Find More Posts by Joe P
Old Nov 13, 2014, 08:58 AM
Find More Posts by swollencranium
Recon 7
United States, NC, Fort Bragg
Joined Sep 2013
98 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemanhimself View Post
IMO better even than the most expensive fat shark goggles.

Wish I had seen these before I fell for the Fat Shark hype.

Bought the cheap-o FatShark Teleporter V3, what a total POS those are.
swollencranium is offline Find More Posts by swollencranium
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 13, 2014, 01:42 PM
Find More Posts by Nietzsche
United States, AR, Little Rock
Joined Nov 2013
18 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe P View Post
Doesn't work for me, I'm far sighted after cataract removal. The goggles can be notched out to kind of fit over glasses but then the are to short. I'm experimenting
with some cheep Walmart glasses built in but no results yet. If they made the slightly
longer it would solve a lot of problems. Check out the other thread for more ideas.

Joe
Get a welding hood with diopters, of course you lose the tinted shield part.... Additionally may find some diopters sold by themselves. Check Miller or Jackson welding hoods. They're held in the same the lens is held in on the fpv hood.

Wow!!! I've been trolling for exactly a year before my 1st post.... Guess I never really have much to say?

Nietzsche
Nietzsche is offline Find More Posts by Nietzsche
Old Nov 13, 2014, 05:31 PM
Find More Posts by BedEvil
Altitude is everything
United States, CA, Carlsbad
Joined Dec 2011
30 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by swollencranium View Post
Wish I had seen these before I fell for the Fat Shark hype.

Bought the cheap-o FatShark Teleporter V3, what a total POS those are.
I was thinking about purchasing the Teleporter 3 bundle for $225. Are they really that bad? Should I stay away from them and save for a better set? Why are they not worth it? Sorry for so many questions but my next purchase will be my first FPV purchase. Thanks Steve.
BedEvil is offline Find More Posts by BedEvil