SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 02, 2015, 08:31 PM
Find More Posts by afjetmech
United States, NC, Rocky Mt
Joined Mar 2009
875 Posts
How awesome to have a beautiful place like that to drive to and do some flying rather than the plain old flying field like most of us have. Nice vid. Thanks for posting.
afjetmech is online now Find More Posts by afjetmech
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 24, 2015, 10:29 PM
Find More Posts by yorkiepap
SW PA
Joined Aug 2010
709 Posts
Maiden!!!!! Awesome!!!

Hey guys,
Looks like this thread was slowing down a bit. Anyway, I finally got to maiden the ROC V-Tail this morning as the weather was superb & our field was cut yesterday. My V-Tail is pure stock except for the 4' carbon fiber rod I replaced the stock one with. All my control surfaces were set perfectly, the wattage test done, all the servos run thru an operation for 10min of continuous operation to check for failures, CG was spot on with a 2200mah battery, & glide test done successfully with no issues.

Half throttle with a gentle toss forward & it climbed nicely & then adding full power to get to altitude for 30sec. Power off, only trim needed was 2 clicks of UP Elev for level glide.....PERFECT!!! It was beautiful to fly & after a couple circuits around the field, I played with some maneuvering to get the feel of the AIL & V-Tail RUD/ELEV throws....no problemos. I flew at 100% with no Expo or DR dialed in. Next was testing the flaps with a slow graduation of input of my left slider on my JR10X to check how much nose-up took place to determine if any down ELEV may need to be mixed in. Nope...a very slight nose-up attitude & the slowing down was quite noticeable.

I did several more climbs, glided lazily, & decided to land to observe the flap engagement with a steady slider movement to full flaps. Absolutely superb & the first landing was within 30'. Battery check with a total time on the Tx at 17min/45sec showed 55% charge left with cells at 3.86. The next battery was to test the number of 30sec full-power climbs I could get with an emergency reserve as I did with my Radian. Surprisingly, it was the same....(7) 30sec full-power w/reserve with the 2200's, & (5) with the 1800's with a residual balance at 30%(3.71v/cell) for each.

The ROC V-Tail is definitely a KEEPER!!!

Denny
yorkiepap is offline Find More Posts by yorkiepap
Old Jun 24, 2015, 11:24 PM
Find More Posts by StarHopper44
Earthbound Skyhound
United States, NC, Richlands
Joined Jun 2011
6,859 Posts
Great report, 'Pap'. Sounds like you've got a sweet setup -- nice goin'! A man of numbers, too -- I lak dat!
StarHopper44 is offline Find More Posts by StarHopper44
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 25, 2015, 06:01 AM
Find More Posts by SeeMeDo
Lower AL
Joined Feb 2013
1,014 Posts
Welcome to the V tail now hook up with a thermal and then try not to smile
Jeff.............
SeeMeDo is offline Find More Posts by SeeMeDo
Old Jun 25, 2015, 02:47 PM
Find More Posts by TwistedGrin
Yes it was Abby Normal
Joined May 2012
3,059 Posts
Aye YorkiePap - hopefully some still evening you will experience the ROC-Vtail wing- wistle as it effortlessly screams past you from a high dive and you level it out for a dragons breath runway pass

TwistedGrin
TwistedGrin is online now Find More Posts by TwistedGrin
Old Jun 25, 2015, 05:25 PM
Find More Posts by HuskyDude
Canada, BC, Kamloops
Joined Jan 2011
783 Posts
V Roc hotliner...

V Roc warmliner...

V Roc slow and gentle liner
HuskyDude is offline Find More Posts by HuskyDude