HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
View Poll Results: Would you like to see this new forum created?
Yes 97 90.65%
N0 10 9.35%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old Oct 14, 2012, 11:05 AM
All under control, Grommit!
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,444 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingconsulting View Post
So is there a way to move our existing threads to this new forum once it's up? I have two ACTUAL build threads that I would like to move.

Robert
Just click on the Thread menu and there is an option to send a message to a moderator to move the thread.

However the other contributors to the thread might be less than delighted to find that the thread has been moved to a forum that they do not subscribe to.
leccyflyer is online now Find More Posts by leccyflyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 14, 2012, 11:05 AM
United States, CA, Long Beach
Joined Sep 2011
805 Posts
Have you guys thought what kind of "sticky" information that would be helpful to new people? Maybe list of tools? Glues etc.?

Robert
kingconsulting is offline Find More Posts by kingconsulting
Old Oct 14, 2012, 11:14 AM
LaGrange, GA
Joined Jun 2009
1,811 Posts
Quote:
Have you guys thought what kind of "sticky" information that would be helpful to new people? Maybe list of tools? Glues etc.?

Robert
Current list of kits and/or manufacturers maybe, since kits seem to be getting harder and harder to find. List of balsa suppliers maybe. List of links to plan sites like Outerzone & Hippocket and maybe the links to plans threads here on RCG & RCU. Probably need a volunteer to keep it all current and updated though since it's very frustrating to click on outdated links that no longer work.
JohnsPop is online now Find More Posts by JohnsPop
Old Oct 14, 2012, 11:15 AM
United States, MD, Elkton
Joined Oct 2011
8,098 Posts
I hadn't thought about that-there was a discussion recently,that got a good response for a young person starting out,while waiting for his kit.

Sounds like a necessity to me.
epoxyearl is online now Find More Posts by epoxyearl
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Back to square one !
Old Oct 14, 2012, 12:05 PM
Promoting Model Aviation...
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Nov 2005
24,723 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UberZogster View Post
Just because people put their balsa builds in the forum where the plane would go doesn't mean that there is a dedicated forum for balsa. The builders workshop is for any type of construction not just balsa. What part of "there hasn't been a dedicated balsa forum" is so hard to comprehend? No one has said that there aren't balsa builds, they have said there isn't one place dedicated to them, big difference.
You hit the nail on the head and that is what I have been trying to say all along. Thanks for trying to explain the issue for everyone to understand.

Frank
Murocflyer is online now Find More Posts by Murocflyer
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 14, 2012, 12:13 PM
Joined Nov 2005
24,723 Posts
Quote:
WE are not making it personal. It doesn't matter what point you are trying to discuss as this is already a done deal. Time to accept and move on.

You are not building so why are you even in this horse race? Why did you even show up at the track?

This is my last comment to you. I will ignore anything further.

Robert
What you see here Robert is a textbook example of Recreational Arguing. Some feel the need to argue about something solely for the sake of arguing. Some people seem to take pleasure in arguing with others and if they feel they "won" an argument, they are happy. Sadly, this is not against RCG rules and the only prevention is just not acknowledge their posts. These RAers will try and try to get you to argue with them, say nasty things about you in response to others to bait you into arguments, but hold your ground and say nothing back to them or simply say you are not interested. In time, one can hope they move on to other "victims."

In the 7 years here on RCG I have seem so of the best in human behavior and unfortunately, have seem some ugly things as well. I think RCG and other forums are an extremely valuable resource but I realized long ago that no everyone practices the golden rule. Another

Frank
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 14, 2012, 12:51 PM
Joined Oct 2011
8,098 Posts
Recreational arguers lose interest when they don't get a response,much like bullies.....In fact they are bullies of sorts,never accepting things not going their way,then buddying up to try to sock it to you again.

I've had my fun with a couple here,but eventually somebody loses interest(usually me), and sees it for what it is.

History is just that....let's look to the future.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 14, 2012, 03:04 PM
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,444 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murocflyer View Post
What you see here Robert is a textbook example of Recreational Arguing. Some feel the need to argue about something solely for the sake of arguing. Some people seem to take pleasure in arguing with others and if they feel they "won" an argument, they are happy. Sadly, this is not against RCG rules and the only prevention is just not acknowledge their posts. These RAers will try and try to get you to argue with them, say nasty things about you in response to others to bait you into arguments, but hold your ground and say nothing back to them or simply say you are not interested. In time, one can hope they move on to other "victims."

In the 7 years here on RCG I have seem so of the best in human behavior and unfortunately, have seem some ugly things as well. I think RCG and other forums are an extremely valuable resource but I realized long ago that no everyone practices the golden rule. Another

Frank
Utter nonsense.

I comment on these proposals and I have done for years because I care about this website and I have a reasonable understanding of how it grew and how it functions.

The post above is exactly what I was speaking of when I mentioned making these issues personal. It does not address in any way, shape or form, the issue itself, it makes totally unwarranted accusations of "recreational arguing" and it does so towards a particular poster.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 03:21 PM
Joined Nov 2005
24,723 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leccyflyer View Post
Utter nonsense.

I comment on these proposals and I have done for years because I care about this website and I have a reasonable understanding of how it grew and how it functions.

The post above is exactly what I was speaking of when I mentioned making these issues personal. It does not address in any way, shape or form, the issue itself, it makes totally unwarranted accusations of "recreational arguing" and it does so towards a particular poster.
I've asked you nicely before and I'll ask you again. Your continued harassment is not welcomed. Please stop.

Frank
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 14, 2012, 03:24 PM
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,444 Posts
Quote:
I've asked you nicely before and I'll ask you again. Your continued harassment is not welcomed. Please stop.

Frank
There is no harassment on my part Frank, I am merely replying to the points that you are making in your continued posts on the topic, including those which have been incorrectly accusing me. It would be extremely simple to stop making those false accusations, but when they continue, then it is my choice whether to respond to them, or not..
Old Oct 14, 2012, 06:47 PM
Restful User
Backwoods Alabama
Joined May 2000
3,861 Posts
Dang, put it to rest. The new forum was voted on and passed 97 votes to 10 votes and is on the approval phase with TPTB. If there is enough interest in it tomake it viable, good. Otherwise it'll go *poof*.

I wish it luck.

--Bill
Jacques Flambeau is offline Find More Posts by Jacques Flambeau
Old Oct 14, 2012, 07:59 PM
Waiting for the paint to dry.
Pasadena Maryland
Joined Oct 2009
1,233 Posts
Interesting..

Quote:
Originally Posted by leccyflyer View Post
There is no harassment on my part Frank, I am merely replying to the points that you are making in your continued posts on the topic, including those which have been incorrectly accusing me. It would be extremely simple to stop making those false accusations, but when they continue, then it is my choice whether to respond to them, or not..
ctrout is offline Find More Posts by ctrout
Old Oct 15, 2012, 03:00 AM
Staffs, UK
Joined Nov 2003
10,198 Posts
Quote:
Some feel the need to argue about something solely for the sake of arguing. Some people seem to take pleasure in arguing with others and if they feel they "won" an argument, they are happy. Sadly, this is not against RCG rules and the only prevention is just not acknowledge their posts. These RAers will try and try to get you to argue with them, say nasty things about you in response to others to bait you into arguments, but hold your ground and say nothing back to them or simply say you are not interested.
You seem to be describing yourself here. Since you keep making repeated postings arguing with and insulting leccyflyer and you then have the cheek to advise "holding your ground and saying nothing" I'd say that makes you a "recreational arguer" par excellence .

And now I've joined in....but that's o.k. I freely admit I sometimes find a little amusement from these goings on, particularly when there are several people who all really cannot stand not having the last word .

BTW leccy,sorry but on the main point you're wrong. Until this new forum suggestion there has never been a single forum dedicated solely to wood builds of anything no matter what type of model. There have been many forums where these builds were and still are appropriate but none where the ONLY criteria for inclusion is "made of wood" and it's considered reasonable to mix up electric indoor models, gas giant scale, 3D models, sailplanes and, since it's under Aircraft General, presumably autogyros, ornithopters, free flight and control line models....just so long as they're wooden .

Steve
slipstick is offline Find More Posts by slipstick
Old Oct 15, 2012, 04:40 AM
Joined Oct 2011
8,098 Posts
Thank you,slipstick......Rctrainerplane and I spent a lot of the summer trying to get it right....You finally conveyed the idea across,much better than we did.

His original idea was to gather everyone who HAD AN INTEREST in any kind of balsa (read wood) build in one spot to share ideas and promote building.

Nary a mention of WHAT you were building,as long as it was wood.

There's a thread elsewhere concerning wetting balsa to facilitate bending it-the information there is priceless-those are the ideas we wanted to present here.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 15, 2012, 08:25 AM
Administrator
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Mar 2002
11,238 Posts
The new forum is up!
http://www.rcgroups.com/balsa-builders-807/
Jim T. Graham is online now Find More Posts by Jim T. Graham
Administrator